Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by feefifofum)
    This is ridiculous! If you want to come onto a forum like this, then you are just going to have to accept the way that things work, and this includes the reputation system.
    People have neg repped you for their own reason - theyare allowed to do thi, and judgiing by the quality of this thread probably right to do so :p: It is in the FAQ that everyone should avoid using text speak, and poor spelling is just irritating.
    As for people with lots of reputation, the vast majority of it comes from people they don't speak toy, it's not just shared around, althoguh obviously this does happen occassionally, just as it does with people with low reputation. And the people with high post counts are almost always the people who have been around for the longest, and so have had much more time to earn their reputation.
    hmm, a lot of rep is due to rep cartels, like in the 'come in if you have a post count under 1000' thread. Mispelling 'too' as 'toy' :eek: after specifically condemning it! By some people's rules that would be worthy of neg rep...
    Im not saying it is, but equally i think the rep system is pretty silly. It has just turned into a bit of a popularity contest. The highest rep people im sure have rep for being helpful as well but i think can think of at least one group who have certainly recieved the vast majority of rep from each other.

ReputationRep:
    Where is said 'bad spelling' post?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by YourSideView)
    well im here to stick up for her....shes 16 for goodness sakes...
    LPK is 14. Can you clarify the implication of your point?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by HearTheThunder)
    Where is said 'bad spelling' post?
    yoda, what mean you?

ReputationRep:
    no not really

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by viscount)
    hmm, a lot of rep is due to rep cartels, like in the 'come in if you have a post count under 1000' thread. Mispelling 'too' as 'toy' :eek: after specifically condemning it! By some people's rules that would be worthy of neg rep...
    Im not saying it is, but equally i think the rep system is pretty silly. It has just turned into a bit of a popularity contest. The highest rep people im sure have rep for being helpful as well but i think can think of at least one group who have certainly recieved the vast majority of rep from each other.
    :bawling: no its not!! lol!

ReputationRep:
    I have bad spelling. and a fast typer. do you find out if you have neg reps the same place you see the reps?

*cries* *goes to look*

hey HTT hows it going?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by saiyamana)
    :bawling: no its not!! lol!
    lol im not saying your responsible for what goes on there. Even though that thread is your baby... :rolleyes:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by xxhayleyxx)
    I have bad spelling. and a fast typer. do you find out if you have neg reps the same place you see the reps?

*cries* *goes to look*

hey HTT hows it going?
    but you are not txt spd mad omg loolllllllllllllllzzzzzzz!!!!!11 11111111 :rolleyes:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ramroff)
    but you are not txt spd mad omg loolllllllllllllllzzzzzzz!!!!!11 11111111 :rolleyes:

anyway about the neg reps where do i see if i have any? :confused:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by viscount)
    Mispelling 'too' as 'toy' :eek: after specifically condemning it! By some people's rules that would be worthy of neg rep...
    Um, actually, it should have been "to", and I imagine that it was a typographical rather than spelling error. The occasional typo is, I think, permitted.

ReputationRep:
    anyway about the neg reps where do i see if i have any? :confused:
    User CP, negative ones are in red

ReputationRep:
    oooh, how random, yet another pos rep! shame it didn't count for anything :bawling:

:rofl: he/she thought the comment went to a mod, and not me

03-07-2005 08:17 PM_______________ He helped me in a private message

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Madelyn)
    Um, actually, it should have been "to", and I imagine that it was a typographical rather than spelling error. The occasional typo is, I think, permitted.
    oh i see, typos are ok. spelling stuff incorrectly tho, that is just wrong.... :rolleyes:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Ditzy)
    User CP, negative ones are in red

cheerz
    did anyone get a rendom rep the comment saying...

have some +ve from ribomania (the evil ********** of tsr)???

ReputationRep:
    cheerz

wtf?? :eek:

ReputationRep:
    cheerz

How would you know, you cant see whos repped you?

ReputationRep:
    cheerz

It wasn't Ribomania was it? :rolleyes:

ReputationRep:
    evil ********** of tsr
    Theres nothing wrong with appetite for a bit of sausage every now and then... :rolleyes:

ReputationRep:
    dont know... i think its a prank...

Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: July 5, 2005

students online now

800,000+

Exam discussions

Find your exam discussion here

Poll
Should predicted grades be removed from the uni application process
Useful resources
AtCTs

Ask the Community Team

Got a question about the site content or our moderation? Ask here.

Welcome Lounge

Welcome Lounge

We're a friendly bunch. Post here if you're new to TSR.

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.