Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by tishysquishy)
    still a shame that ppl automatically assume those who spk in abbreviations are thick
    because people who are too lazy to type properly must be incredibly thick, sorry love

ReputationRep:
    still a shame that ppl automatically assume those who spk in abbreviations are thick
    That's life!!

ReputationRep:
    the FAQ says: Spell Correctly- Try not to litter your postings with errors. Also, TRY NT T WRT N TXT LNGGE WTH VWLS STRPPED T.if you dont comply you will have a warning end of

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by SilverWings)
    That's life!!
    a flippant remark! this preconception shud b dealt with...

ReputationRep:
    a flippant remark! this preconception should be dealt with...
    :rolleyes:

ReputationRep:
    Please don't use text speak. Its very confusing and it really only takes a few more seconds for you to add in some more vowels.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by viviki)
    Please don't use text speak. Its very confusing and it really only takes a few more seconds for you to add in some more vowels.
    I'll drink to that. Heil Viviki.

ReputationRep:
    [QUOTE=trigger]because people who are too lazy to type properly must be incredibly thick, sorry love[/QUOT

Thats just harsh its just a easier way to type instead of typing really long words plus so many ppl are used to txt speak so its easier

ReputationRep:
    [QUOTE=hulachick15]
    (Original post by trigger)
    because people who are too lazy to type properly must be incredibly thick, sorry love[/QUOT

Thats just harsh its just a easier way to type instead of typing really long words plus so many ppl are used to txt speak so its easier
    text language is annoying. It's just as easy to type proper words so people can actually understand what you're saying...i mean why type 'm8' when it only takes 2 secs longer to put an extra 'ate' on the end

ReputationRep:
    [QUOTE=hulachick15]
    (Original post by trigger)
    because people who are too lazy to type properly must be incredibly thick, sorry love[/QUOT

It's not easier - if I had to miss out random vowels and learn a whole new set of words my typing speed would be decreased by at least half.. it's only easier for people who type slowly because they haven't got as much to type... and it's also annoying to read due to the ambiguousness of things and the untidiness can be confusing, and I don't think there are that many people who are 'used' to it on here...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by hulachick15)
    Its annoying. People dont appreciate it on here.

ReputationRep:
    Also using text language may cause you to do it in exams etc...

ReputationRep:
    Text language is annoying. Fair enough shortening a word or two. But not shortening every word you type.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Markus)
    Also using text language may cause you to do it in exams etc...
    'Hw imprtnt iz chptr 9 in endrng lve?" (20 mrks)

Edit: That took me about six times as long to write as:

"How important is Chapter 9 in Enduring Love?" (20 Marks)

ReputationRep:
    Can we please make note:

TEXT SPEAK IS CALLED TEXT SPEAK BECUASE PHONE KEYPADS SHARE LETTERS, COMPUTER KEYBOARDS DO NOT.

Thankyou for your time.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by YourSideView)
    well im here to stick up for her....shes 16 for goodness sakes...
    I'm sixteen; I'm not sure I like where this is going!
    ROFL to everyone who neg repped her! Quality, absolute quality!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by HearTheThunder)
    'Hw imprtnt iz chptr 9 in endrng lve?" (20 mrks)

Edit: That took me about six times as long to write as:

"How important is Chapter 9 in Enduring Love?" (20 Marks)
    :rofl: but we must remember. That text language is "cool"

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Markus)
    :rofl: but we must remember. That text language is "cool"
    The word is "kwl"

ReputationRep:
    then im the most uncoolest person around :rolleyes:

ReputationRep:
    Hulachick, I type around 83 wpm. Do you see me making countless errors and typing in 'text lingo' ? No, so there's your argument waived. Think I'll ( - rep her ) - Just done it, feels great.

Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: July 5, 2005

students online now

800,000+

Exam discussions

Find your exam discussion here

Poll
Should predicted grades be removed from the uni application process
Useful resources
AtCTs

Ask the Community Team

Got a question about the site content or our moderation? Ask here.

Welcome Lounge

Welcome Lounge

We're a friendly bunch. Post here if you're new to TSR.

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.