Turn on thread page Beta

Participated in national and/or world competitions for things? watch

ReputationRep:
    Has anyone taken part in any national and/or world competitions such as in games and sport? I myself am planning to take part in the national competition for cribbage. The only thing stopping me is that is the venue because I do not have my own transport.

So, what about you lot? :p:

ReputationRep:
    I took part in National and International 'Panathlons' we won both :cool:

ReputationRep:
    i have played rugby against the belgian international team (yes, they do have one)

ReputationRep:
    :laugh: colouring competitions, did loads of them and win loads as well, i did these when i was about 5. I needed to colour everything in site at that age, crazy.

ReputationRep:
    The only ones i can think of were for sailing, I did one world championship and 4 national championships in the topper and laser class of boats . Didn't do outstandingly well in any though :P

ReputationRep:
    I did a Gipf world championship once and came 12th. Surprised not see any one mention poker given its popularity on this site.

ReputationRep:
    erm....

won the secondary school Lancashire cricket Cup..

represented Burnage in national Badminton tournament, back in year 11

ReputationRep:
    what the goodness is cribbage? i'm intrigued.

ReputationRep:
    I think it's a type of board game. I've never played it myself though, so don't take my word for it!

ReputationRep:
    i've won the national schools championships for croquet (two years in a row).

not many people can say that

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by HistoryStudent)
    I think it's a type of board game. I've never played it myself though, so don't take my word for it!
    Card game actually. With the use of pegs for scoring up to 121 etc.

ReputationRep:
    I won the Under 13s National Girls Independent Schools Gymnastics competition. Twice

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Helenia)
    I won the Under 13s National Girls Independent Schools Gymnastics competition. Twice
    and you ended up being a rower?

I can't think of another sport where you require no flexibility whatsoever!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by 4Ed)

Yeah thats because nobody really plays croquet except maybe a few country toffs... Well done anyway.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Seabiscuit)
    Yeah thats because nobody really plays croquet except maybe a few country toffs... Well done anyway.
    *pictures self as pipe smoking, tweed jacket wearing country toff.....

nah...

there are all sorts of people who play croquet nowadays, ranging from alcoholics to shaven headed mancunians to essex semi-chavs!

ReputationRep:
    National Netball/Hockey tour (but there were heaps of us! ) 1998, Cross Country interstate same year

I was very active that year :p:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by 4Ed)

Hey 4Ed! Lol long time no see. Anyway I just wanted to say that's really impressive as lots more people these days are playing, so good achievement and well done :cool:

DB_x

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by danni_bella83)
    Hey 4Ed! Lol long time no see. Anyway I just wanted to say that's really impressive as lots more people these days are playing, so good achievement and well done :cool:

DB_x
    Hey, long time no see!

Glad to see you still remember me and the fair game that is croquet
    Looks like you're getting active in loads of other sports as well.... any more croquet playing now, or is Aussieland in the depths of winter at the moment?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Seabiscuit)
    Toffs? I thought that was for equestrian sports.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by NDGAARONDI)
    Toffs? I thought that was for equestrian sports.
    i'm guessing u r referring to polo.

students online now

800,000+

Exam discussions

Find your exam discussion here

Poll
Should universities take a stronger line on drugs?
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.