Turn on thread page Beta

Participated in national and/or world competitions for things? watch

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by 4Ed)
    i'm guessing u r referring to polo.
    Not one sport in particular. I don't label sports in such a way personally. Was thinking of playing bowls but I guess I'm too young. :p:

ReputationRep:
    I have taken part in national American football and cricket competitions and national and international swimming competitions.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by 4Ed)
    and you ended up being a rower?

I can't think of another sport where you require no flexibility whatsoever!
    :eek: rowers do require flexibility! Admittedly only in a very limited muscle group, but never mind.

Nah, the difference from then and now is this weird thing called puberty. Beastily-built 5'8 girls with hips are not the most natural gymnasts compared with skinny little 5'3 ones :p: - hence I'm now a decent build for rowing. I was only ever the 5th person though, not a vastly important person on the team

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Helenia)
    :eek: rowers do require flexibility! Admittedly only in a very limited muscle group, but never mind.

Nah, the difference from then and now is this weird thing called puberty. Beastily-built 5'8 girls with hips are not the most natural gymnasts compared with skinny little 5'3 ones :p: - hence I'm now a decent build for rowing. I was only ever the 5th person though, not a vastly important person on the team
    don't lie ... i did rowing for a year or two remember! our training was all about ergos, weights and stuff on the river!
    Maybe we loosened and stretched a bit to stop getting cramp.

5th person.... for an 8 man (or should i say person) boat? Engine room....

by the way, has anyone been checkin up on how various schools/unis have done at Henley?
    • PS Reviewer

ReputationRep:
    PS Reviewer
    :itsme: But I don't want to brag, so I shan't tell you how great I am. Or used to be, anyway

students online now

800,000+

Exam discussions

Find your exam discussion here

Poll
Should predicted grades be removed from the uni application process
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.