Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    well....?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by elpaw)
    well....?
    Execution is too quick and painless for him. He should be left to rot.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by elpaw)
    well....?

I vote YES cos its quick and painless, oposite to wat seren........ said

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by serendipity)
    ditto

ReputationRep:
    No, a painful, lloooooooooong execution is in order. No feelings spared torturing session like he did to many of the inhabitants of his country. Preferably televised, I'd like to see it! At last, one good thing to come out of a stupid, pointless war!
    xxx

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Babygal)
    I vote YES cos its quick and painless, oposite to wat seren........ said
    ...dipity...couldn't you spell it?? :rolleyes:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by claire1985)
    No, a painful, lloooooooooong execution is in order. No feelings spared torturing session like he did to many of the inhabitants of his country. Preferably televised, I'd like to see it! At last, one good thing to come out of a stupid, pointless war!
    xxx
    1. A long painfull execution won't happen as it is most likely illegal.
    2. I have no desire to see it!!!

ReputationRep:
    1. A long painfull execution won't happen as it is most likely illegal.
    maybe not under islamic law (im not sure, but i think it's legal - then again, i'm not an expert)

ReputationRep:
    String him up by his dangler - that's what I say!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by elpaw)
    well....?
    Im changing my opinion here. I would previously have said yes, but I think it would only make him a martyr. Better to imprission him for life.

ReputationRep:
    xxx
    What are you? Some sort of sadist?! You sound like you would get real enjoyment out of witnessing such a disgusting act as torture. We (UK + US) shall indeed punish Saddam for the evils he has done but we will and can judge him and sentence him to punishment because we are morally superior to him and we shall remain that way. We won't let such a horrible person as Saddam allow us to lower ourselves to sadistic butchers by torturing him, we're a lot better than that.

ReputationRep:
    No. He should be forced to guest star on Have I Got News For You.

ReputationRep:
    a large majority say no....thank god, i think capital punishment is pretty unpleasent, and torture repugnant

especially when we are constantly reminded that we should support the war because of the tortures/executions saddam carried out, i think doing the same would be a little hypocritical

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Albion)
    What are you? Some sort of sadist?! You sound like you would get real enjoyment out of witnessing such a disgusting act as torture. We (UK + US) shall indeed punish Saddam for the evils he has done but we will and can judge him and sentence him to punishment because we are morally superior to him and we shall remain that way. We won't let such a horrible person as Saddam allow us to lower ourselves to sadistic butchers by torturing him, we're a lot better than that.
    No i'm not a sadist, he deserves it-maybe i wouldn't watch it myself (i'd try but i'm squemish) but i think a lot of people would and why not!?! It's less painful to watch than Pop Idol!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by a_musical_guy)
    He should guest star on Have I Got News For You.
    lol, good idea. maybe even appearing on "the salon" to get his beard cut. he'd be good stuck underground in "i'm a celebrity, get me out of here!" or even go on celebrity big brother.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Jonatan)
    Im changing my opinion here. I would previously have said yes, but I think it would only make him a martyr. Better to imprission him for life.
    yeah i agree. if he is punished to death, he will say he is dying for the cause and that he is a hero ... better to lock him up and humiliate him by placing him in an american prison - justice will be done

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by a_musical_guy)
    No. He should be forced to guest star on Have I Got News For You.
    yes yes lol!

he should be imprisoned in iraq for life, squalid conditions etc. quite symbolic that a once oppressed people would imprision their former opressor

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Albion)
    i don't think it should be us (the UK and US) who try him as captors, but his own people who try him for the crimes he has committed in his own country. what right have we (who have essentially invaded Iraq) to be the ones who prosecute him? otherwise it's like we've invaded and persecuted their leader, and like Jonatan, i have no desire for anyone to see him as a martyr. and i think death is far too easy for him.

lou xxx

ReputationRep:
    No i'm not a sadist, he deserves it-maybe i wouldn't watch it myself (i'd try but i'm squemish) but i think a lot of people would and why not!?! It's less painful to watch than Pop Idol!
    Your previous post said he should be tortured and it should be televised because you said "I'd like to see it!" and now you say you wouldnt watch it?

While I fully agree with you about pop idol, you seen somewhat to have missed my point. Do you not think that by torturing him we are turning ourselves into sick and barbaric people? That is why it can never be justified, he tortured people which makes him a terribly evil person so by torturing him as revenge do we not make ourselves into the same kind of person?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by lou p lou)
    i don't think it should be us (the UK and US) who try him as captors, but his own people who try him for the crimes he has committed in his own country. what right have we (who have essentially invaded Iraq) to be the ones who prosecute him? otherwise it's like we've invaded and persecuted their leader, and like Jonatan, i have no desire for anyone to see him as a martyr. and i think death is far too easy for him.

lou xxx
    Yes I agree with you on that. The Iraqi people should try him rather than us as it is them who want and deserve justice the most.

Poll
Is the Big Bang theory correct?
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.