Turn on thread page Beta

Should Saddam Hussein be executed? watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    Saddam should NOT be executed.
    It would cause further unrest in relations.
    It would just make him a martyr and not solve anything.

Peace and Harmony

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Albion)
    Your previous post said he should be tortured and it should be televised because you said "I'd like to see it!" and now you say you wouldnt watch it?

While I fully agree with you about pop idol, you seen somewhat to have missed my point. Do you not think that by torturing him we are turning ourselves into sick and barbaric people? That is why it can never be justified, he tortured people which makes him a terribly evil person so by torturing him as revenge do we not make ourselves into the same kind of person?
    Theoretically wats wrong with torturing him, so what if for one act you deabse yourself to his former level. I'd happily do it as it is only one act that would appease millions. Hang, Draw and Quarter

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by JSM)
    Theoretically wats wrong with torturing him, so what if for one act you deabse yourself to his former level. I'd happily do it as it is only one act that would appease millions. Hang, Draw and Quarter
    Just because something appeases millions does not then automatically make it a moral act. Also in terms of morals I dont think theres a great different between torturing one person and say ten, or twenty or even 100, its the same act you are committing, just because he did it to so many people does not make it any less evil to do the same thing to only one person.

So many people seem to be out for absolute cold blooded revenge with Saddam and it's really understandable. I completely detest him for everything he has done but what we should be out for is justice, not revenge.

ReputationRep:
    on no grounds should he be executed - i agree with points others have made about martyrdom etc, but where to imprison him? to put him in any civilian prison would be foolish, because he'd probably be killed anyway (only after other forms of 'punishment', i'm sure), so is the answer solitary confinement for the rest of his life? he seemed willing to stay in that hole-in-the-ground for an awful long time...?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Albion)
    Your previous post said he should be tortured and it should be televised because you said "I'd like to see it!" and now you say you wouldnt watch it?

While I fully agree with you about pop idol, you seen somewhat to have missed my point. Do you not think that by torturing him we are turning ourselves into sick and barbaric people? That is why it can never be justified, he tortured people which makes him a terribly evil person so by torturing him as revenge do we not make ourselves into the same kind of person?
    Yes well I have changed my mind slightly, i take the point about him not becoming a matryr but i still think imprisonment is too light a punishment because he obviously doesn't care about anything he's done. If anyone else can come up with a suitable punishment other than torture, I'd listen but I don't think imprisonment will work.

ReputationRep:
    Give him a labotimy, put him on some crappy tv show, cover him in slugs, make him craw in the dirt. Embarise him, and show the world that he is just a sad little man, then tag him and set him loose in the general public, to show people that we will have revenge, but in the end we are good, and that those we fight are evil. (uk citizen)

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by lou p lou)
    i don't think it should be us (the UK and US) who try him as captors, but his own people who try him for the crimes he has committed in his own country. what right have we (who have essentially invaded Iraq) to be the ones who prosecute him? otherwise it's like we've invaded and persecuted their leader, and like Jonatan, i have no desire for anyone to see him as a martyr. and i think death is far too easy for him.

lou xxx
    yeah totally agree its like were tryin to take over evrythin. let the ppl who had to put up wiv him decide wot shud happen

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by elpaw)
    well....?
    They should parade him through the Western world, be made to take it up the arse by Galloway and then be tied to the top of Nelson's column as a constant reminder of the South Park movie....he could survive by eating a pigeon or two

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by elpaw)
    well....?
    He shouldn't be executed. We must do the following to him first:

1)Chop his testicles off.
    2)Slit tiny holes on his body, then pepperspray the extremely large flesh wounds.
    3)Rip out his tong, with no aneasthetic.
    4)Pull out each tooth with pliers.
    5)Set his hair on fire.
    6)Pull his fingernails out.
    7)Leave him to rot and decompose.
    8)Finally, slice and dice him, then feed him to the birds.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Bhaal85)
    He shouldn't be executed. We must do the following to him first:

1)Chop his testicles off.
    2)Slit tiny holes on his body, then pepperspray the extremely large flesh wounds.
    3)Rip out his tong, with no aneasthetic.
    4)Pull out each tooth with pliers.
    5)Set his hair on fire.
    6)Pull his fingernails out.
    7)Leave him to rot and decompose.
    8)Finally, slice and dice him, then feed him to the birds.
    Or you could just leave him to the inventive mind of a certain German cannibal

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Blamps)
    Nah he'd enjoy it. Chomping on Sadd-oms balls. lol.

ReputationRep:
    I was about to say that

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by elpaw)
    I was about to say that
    Or there is of course Anthony Hopkins

ReputationRep:
    Saddam and cannibal sitting in a stew,
    smelling of stinky poo,
    one gets a knife,
    the other loses his life,
    (anybody care to finnish?)

ReputationRep:
    The first priority is not to impose whatever we consider as 'justice', but to do what is most beneficial to Iraq and the world.

Saddam alive is worth more than Saddam dead, because he has a lot of highly sensitive information. The Coalition should make a deal with him in order to buy that intelligence.

The death of Saddam is not worth sacrificing the huge amount of intelligence we could possibly acquire from him.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by zizero)
    The first priority is not to impose whatever we consider as 'justice', but to do what is most beneficial to Iraq and the world.

Saddam alive is worth more than Saddam dead, because he has a lot of highly sensitive information. The Coalition should make a deal with him in order to buy that intelligence.

The death of Saddam is not worth sacrificing the huge amount of intelligence we could possibly acquire from him.
    I dont think he has that much intelligence. Would he not serve better on a plate with some beans?

phaphaphaphaphaphaphaphaphaphaph aphapahpah

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Bhaal85)
    I dont think he has that much intelligence. Would he not serve better on a plate with some beans?

phaphaphaphaphaphaphaphaphaphaph aphapahpah
    Maybe he'll give up the location of some invisible weapons of mass destruction

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by elpaw)
    Maybe he'll give up the location of some invisible weapons of mass destruction
    They are proably locked away safely in a pair of trainers or something.

ReputationRep:
    right..

could somone please inform to me what sadam actually did?

ull probibly think me dunce but im not actually interested much in this stuff but wud just like to know.

and no... im not joking, apart from defending his country i have no idea of what atrosities he has commited, i wud search on google... but im lazy and need sleep, so ill check this in the morning,
    ~

night all!

ReputationRep:
    Release him. He is harmless now. THe American's have no right to do anything to him. The bottom line is that he has never broken a law. Perhaps extradite him to some other country. Or do we see yet more human rights brushed aside for a little while? When is it going to stop?

Poll
Cats or dogs?
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.