Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by kyuuki)
    right..

could somone please inform to me what sadam actually did?

ull probibly think me dunce but im not actually interested much in this stuff but wud just like to know.

and no... im not joking, apart from defending his country i have no idea of what atrosities he has commited, i wud search on google... but im lazy and need sleep, so ill check this in the morning,
    ~

night all!
    he executed his opponents (like stalin & hitler & other dictatrs). hegassed hundreds of thousands of kurds. he invaded Iran and Kuwait (with the aid of american weapons and funding).

but worst of all, he downloaded a few songs off Kazaa, and the american music industry is after him. :rolleyes:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by elpaw)
    he executed his opponents (like stalin & hitler & other dictatrs). hegassed hundreds of thousands of kurds. he invaded Iran and Kuwait (with the aid of american weapons and funding).

but worst of all, he downloaded a few songs off Kazaa, and the american music industry is after him. :rolleyes:
    That *******. I so wanted that Britney Spears song more than him, and look at him now. In custody where he can't listen to it at all

ReputationRep:
    Put him on trial; then a humane sentence; we are not all like him.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by a_musical_guy)
    No. He should be forced to guest star on Have I Got News For You.
    Hahahahahaha!!!! Rep for making my laugh, AMG!!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by kyuuki)
    right..

could somone please inform to me what sadam actually did?

ull probibly think me dunce but im not actually interested much in this stuff but wud just like to know.

and no... im not joking, apart from defending his country i have no idea of what atrosities he has commited, i wud search on google... but im lazy and need sleep, so ill check this in the morning,
    ~

night all!
    Where've u been?? The moon?

ReputationRep:
    He should bne tried by the International War Crimes Tribunal. His human rights should be respected, he should have a fair trial.

We should try and salvage interantional justice.

No one doubts the outcome of such a trial, as long as the coalition guards vital evidence such as the mass graves discovered after the war; he will be imprisoned for life.

The fact is the only sensible justification for this war, it gets clearer every day, was the humanitarian argument. We must show that all nations should abide by international law, its is universal, that is the point.

This is a good oppurtunity to show the West's moral integrity.

No one should ever, ever be tortured. It contravenes the fundmentals of human rights.

If Saddam had been killed as a result of the war. I wouldn't give a ****, he is a ******* tyrant. But that is different than killing or torturing someone in cold blood for the gratification of others or to avenge others pains - that is not justice.

ReputationRep:
    a good idea came up in school today, give him a sex change and send him back home, the sexist ******* would like that!

ReputationRep:
    I think this is a good opportunity for SH to be tried by an international court. Not only would we be able to find out the whole story, but it will send a clear message to other tyrants. It'll also show that we are all united (Europe, US...) in tackling evil regimes.

He should be tries under western law; a fair, open system. We shouldn't stoop to the depths of his own ways and 'fight fire with fire' cos then there will be too much fire. No matter how much people hate SH, he should go through a just process like any criminal in the UK would.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by pkonline)
    I think this is a good opportunity for SH to be tried by an international court. Not only would we be able to find out the whole story, but it will send a clear message to other tyrants. It'll also show that we are all united (Europe, US...) in tackling evil regimes.
    are you being sarcastic? an international court could not acheive any of that.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by vienna95)
    Quite right vienna95.
    kebab22:
    This is a good oppurtunity to show the West's moral integrity.

Such as??? In a perfect world of justice, Bush would have to be put on trial also.

ReputationRep:
    Why not? Why can't the west show solidarity in fighting a common evil?

ReputationRep:
    It was the 'common evil' that decided to start the fight.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Sire)
    It was the 'common evil' that decided to start the fight.
    And...

As I said before, we should uphold justice and our true values instead of stooping to the levels of dictators. It makes us no better if we don't give everyone a chance.

ReputationRep:
    And...

As I said before, we should uphold justice and our true values instead of stooping to the levels of dictators. It makes us no better if we don't give everyone a chance.
    Then why the hell did we invade a country that had done nothing to us? Take that smug self-righteous look of incomprehension off your face for a minute and think about it. What possibly human right did Blair, Howard, Bush, erm was it Mitterand etc have for invading a country that had not committed a single hostile act against either regime??? If you can think of any one single reason, then you're just another sucker who has 'been had'.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Sire)
    Then why the hell did we invade a country that had done nothing to us? Take that smug self-righteous look of incomprehension off your face for a minute and think about it. What possibly human right did Blair, Howard, Bush, erm was it Mitterand etc have for invading a country that had not committed a single hostile act against either regime??? If you can think of any one single reason, then you're just another sucker who has 'been had'.
    I was against the war.

But now the war has been won and SH captured, I think its best for SH to be tried with all the justice and rights that anyone in our country would face. That way we don't lower ourselves to the level of tyrants, and we continue to uphold the freedoms that we fight for.

ReputationRep:
    because an International court would be farcical. Milosevic's being a case in point.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Sire)
    Weel I could give you reasons not Reasons. If you have an isolationist world view, then I can't say anything that would make the invasion of Iraq seem any more 'right' or justifiable to you.

But I can't be bothered, that is not what this thread is about. I think you have missed the point.

ReputationRep:
    because an International court would be farcical. Milosevic's being a case in point.
    Yes I was wondering about that (Milosevic), I do not however think that an International Court has to be farcical. If it is we have a large part to play in discrediting they idea of bodies of justice upholding one law for everyone. Anyway, I don't know the detail of the case, otehr than he doesn't recognise the court itself and it seems to be dragging on for ages.

Could you explain what the current situation is?

Or send me a link or something...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by kebab22)
    Yes I was wondering about that (Milosevic), I do not however think that an International Court has to be farcical. If it is we have a large part to play in discrediting they idea of bodies of justice upholding one law for everyone. Anyway, I don't know the detail of the case, otehr than he doesn't recognise the court itself and it seems to be dragging on for ages.

Could you explain what the current situation is?

Or send me a link or something...
    http://www.un.org/icty/

ReputationRep:
    because international courts should only be used when national ones are inappropriate. it remains to be seen, but if possible Saddam should be tried in Baghdad.

Poll
Is the Big Bang theory correct?
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.