Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    Ive yet to find someone who changes their state of mind as quickly as this. Last night I was in a good mood like planning my future etc, went to bed at 4am, woke up at 7.00am then went back to bed this morning to catch up on sleep. However as I dosed off I started panicking and felt sick, I opened my eyes to see the bed post but couldnt move and felt like trapped. I became fully concious again somehow and tried to sleep again but it kept happening. Got up went for a drink then was alright. I woke up at 3pm (yes im in need of a life and job) and have felt a bit sick and anxious ever since and dont like the idea of going to bed tonight in case it happens again.
    The end
    Thanks for listening

ReputationRep:
    dude, try to get some FOCUS in your life

ReputationRep:
    I suffer from that occasionally as well, go to google and type 'Sleep Paralysis' and read what it says. I often seemingly 'wake up' to be unable to move and feeling that I am in extreme danger. It is terrifying. One method I've used to stop it is to avoid ever sleeping on my stomach.

ReputationRep:
    weird :confused:

i bet the fact that you went to bed @ 4am didn't help though.....

ReputationRep:
    it wouldn't have helped at all, usually happens me when I go to bed late - it's as if your body is in between being asleep and conciousness, a weird semi-concious state where you cannot even move but appear to see and hear around you, giving an impression you are awake. Whether you actually are or not is another question.

ReputationRep:
    If it's sleep paralysis its because you are missing out on sleep (like you said you were... I think) and so catching up on REM. You're paralysed in REM so you don't carry out your dreams, and if you're having REM rebound, and so getting more, you're more likely to wake up in REM and therefore in sleep paralysis. Otherwise, it may be vertigo, coz you sound a bit dizzy and weird!

I've woken in sleep paralysis as well, I think ti's really cool, but kinda scary.

ReputationRep:
    I used to get that all the time when I was younger, I was an insomniac, now my body just ajusted. I rest without sleeping for much more than 6 hours. which is a big improvement. It used to scare me but then I just stopped thinking about it and would lie there..

ReputationRep:
    Hmm that's weird. Maybe sleep paralysis or something?

students online now

800,000+

Exam discussions

Find your exam discussion here

Poll
Should predicted grades be removed from the uni application process
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.