Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    God I wish I knew what blood group I was, but I'm too scared to give blood because I have Iron deficiency anaemia. Wouldn't be able to give much as it means I'll faint. NOT good!!!

ReputationRep:
    I have an AB blood type......I dunno if having that type of blood is a good thing or a bad thing :confused:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Markus)
    Well the antigents will be in the white cells. If you have a white cell count that is lower than most people doesnt it mean you have blood cancer? I think A is the rare one actually, O-/+ are the two most popular...hmmm
    No, and no.

Blood group antigens are on the red blood cells (although there are of course other antigens on white blood cells). Low white cell count does not necessarily mean a leukaemia.

I'm O +ve and don't think it affects my personality

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by firestone)

Type O -- calm, patient, in control of their emotions, strong-willed, unyielding and full of self-confidence despite a quiet appearance.

Type A -- reserved, mild-mannered, full of worry, indecisive, cautious, deeply moved by things, uncombative and self-sacrificing.

Type B -- cheerful, independent, light-hearted, talkative, sensitive, sociable, caring and flamboyant.

Type AB -- Group B on the outside, but group A on the inside.

From http://www.japantimes.co.jp/cgi-bin/...20010916a3.htm
    Oooh thanks I'll have to find out next time I have a blood test! Then I'll have to look up why lol

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by * gemchicken *)
    Oooh thanks I'll have to find out next time I have a blood test! Then I'll have to look up why lol

They don't routinely type your blood for a blood test - you'll need to donate...

ReputationRep:
    A RH Positive is what my donor card says (what does the RH mean?)

ReputationRep:
    Rhesus - usually refers specifically to D, but there are other rhesus markers...

ReputationRep:
    from those descriptions i should be a blood type AB! :p:
    Just have to wait and find out!

ReputationRep:
    This should be a poll.

my blood type is A+

ReputationRep:
    Mine's B. I remember watching some Chinese 'Blind Date'-type show, and all the people on there would give their Name, Birthdate, Height, Weight & Blood Group. I thought that was so odd.. but I guess if they believed it was closely linked with personality..

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by spoon1)
    This should be a poll.

my blood type is A+
    Exactly it should be a poll. I only thought about making it into a poll the minute after I created the post, but now can't change it. Grr... :mad:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by * gemchicken *)
    (Original post by Fluffy)
    They don't routinely type your blood for a blood test - you'll need to donate...
    True, but I knew through a blood test.

(Original post by CharXlotte)
    I remember watching some Chinese 'Blind Date'-type show, and all the people on there would give their Name, Birthdate, Height, Weight & Blood Group. I thought that was so odd.. but I guess if they believed it was closely linked with personality..
    Yeah it's true! There was something which I read a while ago, saying that 30% or something in Far Eastern countries judge some things depending on the blood type.

students online now

800,000+

Exam discussions

Find your exam discussion here

Poll
Should predicted grades be removed from the uni application process
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.