The Student Room Group
Students on campus, Nottingham University
University of Nottingham
Nottingham
Visit website
Reply 1
When I spoke to students at the university they said that when you share a taxi with other people its only a pound or so to get back.... but that's second hand knowledge...

Is it too far to walk into the city then?
Students on campus, Nottingham University
University of Nottingham
Nottingham
Visit website
Reply 2
taurus26
When I spoke to students at the university they said that when you share a taxi with other people its only a pound or so to get back.... but that's second hand knowledge...

Is it too far to walk into the city then?

yes, it's a few miles away from the city
Reply 3
Uni's in Beeston, and the trams don't go that way. I don't think it's walking distance if I'm honest if you've had a night out, so taxis it will be if I end up at Nottingham!
Reply 4
Club-wise, it's normally Ocean, Oceana, Gatecrasher or Rock City. Depending what night of the week it is.
There's also Coco Tang and Market Bar which are awesome.

Taxis normally aren't that bad, somewhere between 7 and 10 quid back to University Park for most of them, which, if you split them between you, comes to a few quid each way. Though we sometimes got the 36 into town, which was £1.50 one way.
Reply 5
I have walked back from a night out, but it's a fair way, yes.

And what someone else said about it only being a pound, this is true should you be able to fill one of the green cabs and negociate a decent fare. Mostly I pay around £1.50.
If it's a student night and you're a fresher you can just get on one of the provided buses at 10:30pm or whatever... otherwise, get a taxi with a few people and it'll cost you about £1.50 each way.
Personally I walk back, but then I live in Lenton. If your at Uni you'll probably taxi it; £5 or so for a 5 seater. In terms of he clubs theres something for everyone; Stealth, Cr-ISIS, Rock City, Oceana, Ocean, Gatecrasher, Coco-Tang, Market Bar, Bodega, Yates, Brownes, Reascue Rooms etc. etc.
Reply 8
I heard something about Mooch :/
How far is Nottingham Uni to the city centre via bus?
15 mins, tops.
£1.50 on travel via taxi, 15 mins max to city centre, nights out for everyone...so far Nottingham sounds great!
That's cos it is.

It's an amazing uni :awesome:
Reply 13
It's 3 miles from the uni to the city centre. Straight walk along Derby Rd. though, which takes about 45 mins.

You can get an all day city rider for £3 which entitles you to use of any bus/tram service in Nottingham all day. Or it's £1.50 for a single fare.

However, after a night out it's generally taxi action on the way back. Usually they charge £10 at most from Market Square back to the uni, which, split five ways, for example, is just £2 each.

In terms of where to go, there's a vast array of venues to enjoy in the city. Pretty much something for everyone.

Latest

Trending

Trending