Turn on thread page Beta

What are you doing between now and going to uni? watch

ReputationRep:
    Working (sigh)
    Coupla music festivals
    Off to Berlin next week! I'm hoping to practice my German, as I want to persuade the German department to take me in at Edinburgh... And I want to see the zoo.
    I'm probably meeting up with my ex too. :s

ReputationRep:
    I'm not having a Summer.

Im working with a few day's off each week which I'll spend recovering from work.

ReputationRep:
    I should be working, but i doubt i'd get a job now due to my laziness and the lack of jobs near my home.

My plan is to prepare myself for whatevers in store for me in september, and to enjoy my freedom immensely!

I've enrolled in dance/fitness classes :eek: , and i've got loads of days out already planned with friends/family

ReputationRep:
    ...hmm, the generral feel seems to be some working and lots of partying!!!

Anybody Else?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by pggirl)
    Working to save up money for uni!

:dito:

ReputationRep:
    I'll be doing some temporary work to earn money for uni and relieve boredom.

ReputationRep:
    I'm doing absolutely nada which could be seen as constructive. Instead I'm spending lots of time with my friends, going on family holidays and attempting to reduce the size of my bum before university.

Maybe I could enrol at a gym or something.. hmmm.

ReputationRep:
    The plan is me and my friends have to get to the end of a day and be able to say 'wow, i had a really good time today'. We've been out every day since the 24th of june when all our exams finished, and long may the fun continue!

Um bikerides, shopping, going on holiday, pubbing, clubbing, drinking woo, going away again, working to earn some drinking money for uni, er shopping, going away for the last time me hopes, fun fun fun! Should be a blast! xx

ReputationRep:
    -Getting a new job...getting loads of money so I can...
    -Shop! (But I won't be buying anything for uni till I actually know I'm in)
    -Enjoying my prom
    -Going on holiday in September
    -Join the gym again and get fit!
    -Just doing lots of things with my friends really...and getting all emotional about leaving home!
    -Wallowing in self-pity and planning my gap year if I don't get my grades!

ReputationRep:
    Working as a part time teacher in a primary school. Teaching english to nine year olds.

Not doing it for the money though.

ReputationRep:
    Hopefully going to find a p/t job (going to the agency 2moro), going away start of August, playing snooker, going to the gym most days and doing bits of reading. Although im trying to not think/prepare for uni until i know where im going.

ReputationRep:
    TRYING to get a job to save for Uni.

ReputationRep:
    Trying to get a job, maybe.
    Do some work experience.
    Go on a couple of holidays.
    Have fun with friends, drinking, parties and pimm's.

ReputationRep:
    Well I've had a full-time job since September, so my summer looks like this...

Go to work all week.
    Go bowling in Portsmouth at the weekend.
    Go to gym.
    Spend hours on the internet planning what to buy for uni.
    Go to work all week.
    See friends.
    Go to gym.
    Go to work all week.
    Go to friend's wedding & reception.
    Go to party.
    Go to work all week.
    See ex-boyfriend.
    Go to gym....

Etc etc.

Also, my parents are hopefully going away for a couple of weeks, which means I get the house and car to myself! Party at mine!

Then will hopefully be going on holiday for a week in September if I can find me a last minute bargain. That'll be nice.

Then I'd imagine loads of frantic last minute shopping, and then UNI!

Can't wait.

ReputationRep:
    I'm going down to Bristol next week to work as an RA in the Psych department because I have no money and car insurance, road tax, servicing, etc due next month

ReputationRep:
    Working full time to get money, and some relevant experience (though all I've learned so far is that Rolls Royce have a really complicated contractor request system). And panicking somewhat about results.

ReputationRep:
    waiting for exams results

working...

ReputationRep:
    Edinburgh Fringe Festival!!!

If anyone else is performing up there, let me know and I'll try to come and see your show

ReputationRep:
    Standard **** working.

Although next year I have a half-baked plan to go for at least a month to Malta or Cyprus and work (ah, the EU comes in useful for something) for a bit there.

The home of Results and Clearing

people online now

students helped last year
Poll
Will you be tempted to trade up and get out of your firm offer on results day?
Useful resources
Uni match

Applying to uni?

Our tool will help you find the perfect course

Articles:

Debate and current affairs guidelinesDebate and current affairs wiki

Quick link:

Educational debate unanswered threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.