Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    Lol i dont think ill be doing further maths, im doing maths as it backs up my other options very well!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Nutchopper)
    Lol i dont think ill be doing further maths, im doing maths as it backs up my other options very well!
    your other subjects are very logical...well the sciences anyway - this hints you have the right frame of mind for maths - so go for it:cool:

one question - why on earth have you decided to do geography:eek: - i'm sure you'll end up regretting it! i hated AS and A2 geography sooooo much; i should have never took it in the first place! i had to do two coursework assignments for edexcel B, which feckin took forever, and the subject was more time consuming studying for than , than maths, further maths and physics combined:mad: - and i might have sacrificed an A in further maths for crappy geography...aghhh - will be really deperssed if that happens!

phil

ReputationRep:
    I've jst done the whole A2 math course, and i enjoyed it. If u get the choice between M1 and S1 tho, do M1 if ur doing sciences esp phys, you will enjoy M1 more methinks, i got Ds in my tests, but once you develop that way of thinking, M1 can even be enjoyable personally i hate S1 and think its boring as hell.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by tishysquishy)
    I've jst done the whole A2 math course, and i enjoyed it. If u get the choice between M1 and S1 tho, do M1 if ur doing sciences esp phys, you will enjoy M1 more methinks, i got Ds in my tests, but once you develop that way of thinking, M1 can even be enjoyable personally i hate S1 and think its boring as hell.
    very much agree with you on that - they made me to S1 and S2 instead of M5 and M6:mad: - my class were fuming!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Phil23)
    very much agree with you on that - they made me to S1 and S2 instead of M5 and M6:mad: - my class were fuming!
    Surely your school can't be that bad if they can teach you up to m4?
    Mine couldn't teach us m2 and the m1 teaching wasn't very good.
    Not that i'm complaining though, as long as I make the grades I don't really care about the teaching in my school

ReputationRep:
    Im doing geog becasue i enjoy it, hmm so you reckon i should do M1, i dont know, i will probably do one which the majority of the class does as either of them is fine to me!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Gaz031)
    Surely your school can't be that bad if they can teach you up to m4?
    Mine couldn't teach us m2 and the m1 teaching wasn't very good.
    Not that i'm complaining though, as long as I make the grades I don't really care about the teaching in my school
    i'm not complaining either:rolleyes: - wll to some extent! - but my school does not let us sit exams that are not taught in school! so if i self taugght M5 and M6, i'd not be allowed to sit it in my shool no matter how good i was at it! - bit of a stupid system if you ask me,

pk

ReputationRep:
    i'm not complaining either - wll to some extent! - but my school does not let us sit exams that are not taught in school! so if i self taugght M5 and M6, i'd not be allowed to sit it in my shool no matter how good i was at it! - bit of a stupid system if you ask me,
    Lol that is stupid, also a random question completely irelevant how do you get your age by your location, i only joined TSR yesterday and im confused! :confused:

ReputationRep:
    Im doing geog becasue i enjoy it, hmm so you reckon i should do M1, i dont know, i will probably do one which the majority of the class does as either of them is fine to me!
    browse through the S1 and M1 textbooks...see what sort of stuff you personally like and do the mod based on that...there is no substitution than self-researching your interests. - i'd do m1, that that is me...you may well hate mechanics, so do your own research!

pk

ReputationRep:
    Cool thanks, i will have a look, i have nothing better to do over the summer!

ReputationRep:
    how do you get your age by your location...
    Go to UserCP (menu bar, top of page)

Go to Edit Options and scroll right down.

Check the Display age in postbit option.

Aitch

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Aitch)
    Go to UserCP (menu bar, top of page)

Go to Edit Options and scroll right down.

Check the Display age in postbit option.

Aitch
    man we are all so bored huh Aitch - we even helping with mundane tasks that i'm sure we'd have otherwise ignored during exam season, lol

ReputationRep:
    Ok thankyou!

ReputationRep:
    man we are all so bored huh Aitch - we even helping with mundane tasks that i'm sure we'd have otherwise ignored during exam season, lol
    Yeh lol thanks for helping, i was lurking at TSR for ages all the way through exam time, and yesterday well i joined!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Phil23)
    Spot on! I'd be out in the garden, but it's too cold!

Aitch

ReputationRep:
    I agree, its freezing!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Aitch)

Aitch
    i'd go to musuem's, rock-climbing and into city to wonder around but i'm tight on cash - anyone know ne place where tehre are vacancies? i'll do practically anything...i'm that desparate...apart from working with meat or cleaning toilets...anything other than those two, give me a bellow if anyone is interested people

thanks

Pk

ReputationRep:
    I agree, its freezing!
    hmm - london aint that bad - 20 down here...but i'm poor

ReputationRep:
    Yeh, its ok but no sun adn compared to the other weather we have been having it is quite cold. I went camping on friday and walking on sat, i actually had to where a jumper on friday!

ReputationRep:
    but my school does not let us sit exams that are not taught in school! so if i self taugght M5 and M6, i'd not be allowed to sit it in my shool no matter how good i was at it! - bit of a stupid system if you ask me
    Ah then I can see your point! It does seem a bit inflexible of them. They should know that as you applied to top universities you're more than capable of taking responsiblity for your education.

Turn on thread page Beta
Updated: July 6, 2005

students online now

800,000+

Exam discussions

Find your exam discussion here

Poll
Should universities take a stronger line on drugs?
Useful resources

Make your revision easier

Maths

Maths Forum posting guidelines

Not sure where to post? Read the updated guidelines here

Equations

How to use LaTex

Writing equations the easy way

Student revising

Study habits of A* students

Top tips from students who have already aced their exams

Study Planner

Create your own Study Planner

Never miss a deadline again

Polling station sign

Thinking about a maths degree?

Chat with other maths applicants

Can you help? Study help unanswered threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.