Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Phil23)
    i'd go to musuem's, rock-climbing and into city to wonder around but i'm tight on cash - anyone know ne place where tehre are vacancies? i'll do practically anything...i'm that desparate...apart from working with meat or cleaning toilets...anything other than those two, give me a bellow if anyone is interested people
    I guess I should be glad that I have a job but then again when I think about it I feel more sorry for myself than anything - it's really the lowest of the low!

As for A-Level maths, it isn't really too difficult provided you don't fall behind and thus make sure you know everything for the exam. If you do all the questions in the heinemann textbooks then do past papers and solomon papers then you should get a grade A without too much hassle.
    Perhaps you'll wish you had done further maths though by the time you've finished A2 maths

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Gaz031)
    Ah then I can see your point! It does seem a bit inflexible of them. They should know that as you applied to top universities you're more than capable of taking responsiblity for your education.
    do you think you got all 90's in the maths mods gaz? or mostly 100%'s? i think i got 1 100%, 3 90's and 1 80 and one 70 (p6), lol

yourself?

ReputationRep:
    I guess I should be glad that I have a job but then again when I think about it I feel more sorry for myself than anything - it's really the lowest of the low!

As for A-Level maths, it isn't really too difficult provided you don't fall behind and thus make sure you know everything for the exam. If you do all the questions in the heinemann textbooks then do past papers and solomon papers then you should get a grade A without too much hassle.
    Perhaps you'll wish you had done further maths though by the time you've finished A2 maths
    screw that! - i revised whole furtehr maths in the days preceding the exams - like self taught P6 in three day and P4 in a day and m4 in a day...etc...i've got a really fab short term memory:cool: - working all year would have been useless for me

did the same with my other A2's lol - Phys in 2 days and geog in two...but there was too much content to cover for geog so it may backfire..then again, i dont need a grade in it

ReputationRep:
    Lol, well thanks all for your help, i can't believe my first ever board got to 3 pages!

ReputationRep:
    do you think you got all 90's in the maths mods gaz? or mostly 100%'s? i think i got 1 100%, 3 90's and 1 80 and one 70 (p6), lol

yourself?
    Hopefully i'l get 3 or 4 100's and 2 or 3 in the 90's. I expect the ones in the 90's to be D2 and P6 which are hard to predict. I'm more pleased with how the AEA went than the A-Levels exams though.
    100s aren't really anything special though as you might not necessarily have got 100 raw marks and the difference between 90 and 100 doesn't necessarily distinguish between mathematical abilities.

ReputationRep:
    Hopefully i'l get 3 or 4 100's and 2 or 3 in the 90's. I expect the ones in the 90's to be D2 and P6 which are hard to predict. I'm more pleased with how the AEA went than the A-Levels exams though.
    100s aren't really anything special though as you might not necessarily have got 100 raw marks and the difference between 90 and 100 doesn't necessarily distinguish between mathematical abilities.
    not aiming for many 100's - i'm the lst person that deserves it, lol - A's are enough for me, be it 90% or 100.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Nutchopper)
    Lol, well thanks all for your help, i can't believe my first ever board got to 3 pages!
    dont get too exicted...its only because we are very very bored!

ReputationRep:
    screw that! - i revised whole furtehr maths in the days preceding the exams - like self taught P6 in three day and P4 in a day and m4 in a day...etc...i've got a really fab short term memory:cool: - working all year would have been useless for me

did the same with my other A2's lol - Phys in 2 days and geog in two...but there was too much content to cover for geog so it may backfire..then again, i dont need a grade in it
    Wow. I bet it's really nice to be able to do that. However, I didn't do particuarly well in my GCSEs or AS levels so I decided after my AS exams that I wouldn't go into an exam underprepared again. I regret my previous lack of work ethic a lot.

ReputationRep:
    Heh i'll admit to being a little bored but it's much better than being at work!
    Welcome to the forum 'Nutchopper' (I hope that name shouldn't be taken literally).

ReputationRep:
    Wow. I bet it's really nice to be able to do that. However, I didn't do particuarly well in my GCSEs or AS levels so I decided after my AS exams that I wouldn't go into an exam underprepared again. I regret my previous lack of work ethic a lot.
    i regret my current lack of work - not goign to be a good quality to have in uni - wish i worked as hard as you - i'd be sorted that way! - know all that P5 qeustions you and the other mathmos did...i only started doing them like a week before the P5 exams!, and i was like oh ****," gaz and the others did em back in february", lol:eek:

ReputationRep:
    i regret my current lack of work - not goign to be a good quality to have in uni - wish i worked as hard as you - i'd be sorted that way! - know all that P5 qeustions you and the other mathmos did...i only started doing them like a week before the P5 exams!, and i was like oh ****," gaz and the others did em back in february", lol:eek:
    Heh. Stuff the A-Level questions, i'd almost sell my soul to be able to do step 3 questions in some sort of acceptable time.
    At least your current lack of work didn't earn you something as shocking as a B in GCSE maths

ReputationRep:
    Welcome to the forum 'Nutchopper' (I hope that name shouldn't be taken literally).
    Nope my name isnt taken literally, it just sounded like a cool name to me!
    xD maybe so but it still got to 3 pages!

ReputationRep:
    Heh. Stuff the A-Level questions, i'd almost sell my soul to be able to do step 3 questions in some sort of acceptable time.
    At least your current lack of work didn't earn you something as shocking as a B in GCSE maths
    a B :eek: - how did u get so friggin smart? - must av worked ya balls off!-teachers in my schollo would have thought twice about letting someone with a B at GCSE even do maths - i rate u on your transformation:cool:

ReputationRep:
    I need an A to do A level maths, i feel i should get that as the test was quite easy. In your maths GCSE what did you all get?

ReputationRep:
    I need an A to do A level maths, i feel i should get that as the test was quite easy. In your maths GCSE what did you all get?
    A*:cool:

btw...anyone read "digital fortress"? i've nearly finished reading it and its so cool - I've also read the da vinci code, angels and demons and deception point - anyone know of any other dan brown books...need to get more reading books

ReputationRep:
    Wow grats on the A*, i am aiming to read da vinci code this summer, i need to stop reading xD, i read a book called 'the named' by marriane curley, there are 3 in the series, now im hooked xD
    Ive read them all already twice, i only started readsing them 4 days ago!

ReputationRep:
    how about doing AS/A2 maths in one year, has anyone done this 'cos i think im gona be bored doin it over too, i am willing to put the effort in though

ReputationRep:
    how about doing AS/A2 maths in one year, has anyone done this 'cos i think im gona be bored doin it over too, i am willing to put the effort in though
    That would be way too much like hard work, i think ill do it in tweo years xD

ReputationRep:
    That would be way too much like hard work, i think ill do it in tweo years xD
    stop putting prospective mathmos off!:eek: Its easy - Go with the maths - you'll love it - trust me...but it does involve a lot of extra work...less so than other A-levels cos its all related... any more questions about maths and further, ask away

pk

i've rearly finished reading digital fortress:cool: - two more pages

finsihed... - right...read all the dan brown books...anyone got any other books to read?

ReputationRep:
    Yeh but in one year doing a whole A level, wouldnt that be really hard?

Turn on thread page Beta
Updated: July 6, 2005

students online now

800,000+

Exam discussions

Find your exam discussion here

Poll
Should universities take a stronger line on drugs?
Useful resources

Make your revision easier

Maths

Maths Forum posting guidelines

Not sure where to post? Read the updated guidelines here

Equations

How to use LaTex

Writing equations the easy way

Student revising

Study habits of A* students

Top tips from students who have already aced their exams

Study Planner

Create your own Study Planner

Never miss a deadline again

Polling station sign

Thinking about a maths degree?

Chat with other maths applicants

Can you help? Study help unanswered threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.