Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by HistoryStudent)
    Clyne halls isn't used anymore by the way, I don't know if you heard about that.
    I know. I have 'Clyne-felter' friends - they went to the big dinner party thing for alumni before it closed for good. Quite sad really.

I was a Beck girl myself - before they closed them and turned them into Plush post-frad accomm!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Fluffy)
    I know. I have 'Clyne-felter' friends - they went to the big dinner party thing for alumni before it closed for good. Quite sad really.

I was a Beck girl myself - before they closed them and turned them into Plush post-frad accomm!
    oh I thought Beck had always been post-grad and mature student accomodation! I was in Hendre last year, great experience!

ReputationRep:

Things seem to be on the slide a bit, socially
    They had a proper Ball this year - hopefully that'll continue! The AU Ball was good too

ReputationRep:
    oh I thought Beck had always been post-grad and mature student accomodation! I was in Hendre last year, great experience!
    No - it used to be undergraduate. The year after my 1st was the last year before they closed it if I remember correctly, which would have meant it closed to undergrads in summer 1997. The uni had to close it as it didn't meet new fire regs, being mostly old victorian town houses. Real shame as it was an ace hall!

It stayed closed for a while until they got the funds together to revamp it - they could make more out of it if it was converted to flats, so that's what they did.

I lived at Hendre (Woodside) in my final year - that was ace fun too!

ReputationRep:
    I lived at Hendre (Woodside) in my final year - that was ace fun too!
    I was in Woodside too! Flat 144, to be exact..

ReputationRep:
    I was in 142!

ReputationRep:
    I was in 142!
    Now that's what I call a coincidence! I've been in 142 too because one of my present housemates lived in 142, and we kind of adopted her into our flat, 144!

I remember having a waterfight all over that landing...the memories...

ReputationRep:
    Lol! We did that too!

I remember the guys who lived on the ground floor in the flat below ours (can't remember the no but 137 seems to rind a bell!). One of the mentalist guys used to put his fist through the kitchen wall everytime he's had a few.. and the door... and the bathroom wall...

ReputationRep:
    Because there are a lot of muppets out there with a) no sense of humour and b) not much of a life!

Given some of the threads and posts on here, if you got neg repped for that, I seriously wonder about some of TSRs users!

I think that all rep should go through the mods before actually becoming rep.....

ReputationRep:
    I remember having a waterfight all over that landing...the memories...
    :eek: I don't remember you ever telling me about that! *Racks memory*

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by kew96158)
    :eek: I don't remember you ever telling me about that! *Racks memory*
    I definitely did tell you about it - it was against some of the boys from flat 137. It also involved us trying to retrieve a couple of posters they'd 'borrowed' from our flat, hehe

ReputationRep:
    Looks ghey

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by spoon1)
    Yes. Because having a wonderful sandy beach will make you enjoy university and get a 1st....
    Being near a beach certainly will make me enjoy uni more - i love being beside the sea, and also it helps my hayfever. If i'm happy in my environment i will work harder and better, and as my hayfever won't be so bad that should also help my studying.

Also, not everyone goes home for summer so some people will be there to enjoy it!

A good environment is very important to a good learning atmosphere.

EDIT: i'm going to sussex, though, so no sand for me!

ReputationRep:
    reallly liked the look of Swansea but aber is even more lovely so I went there.
    Although I'm sure picking unis simplyon the basis of how good the town is, is never a cunning plan.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by martynwilliams)
    Oh yes it is!!
    oh no it isnt

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by viviki)
    Although I'm sure picking unis simplyon the basis of how good the town is, is never a cunning plan.
    It's probably not a bad reason. You do have to live there for the best part of 3 or 4 years...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by bricktops)
    oh no it isnt
    What are you on about? Of course it is! I've lived there for 2 years, so I think I should know... It may not be right in the city centre, but it's still in Swansea!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by viviki)
    I didn't go to Swansea just on the basis of how good the town and surroundings were... There were lots of other reasons, which I listed earlier in this thread.

ReputationRep:
    What are you on about? Of course it is! I've lived there for 2 years, so I think I should know... It may not be right in the city centre, but it's still in Swansea!

oh no it isnt

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by bricktops)
    oh no it isnt
    Where is the university in the photo, then?

Poll
Should predicted grades be removed from the uni application process

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.