The Student Room Group

Central School of Speech and Drama auditions!!!!!

Scroll to see replies

Reply 80
Hello!
I had my interview for DATE on the 24th March and still haven't heard :frown:

Did other people have to wait this long? Or has anyone from that day heard yet?

It hasn't quite been the six weeks they said it would be yet but I'm just curious :smile:
Reply 81
i hv an audition on 22nd as well..
anyone who attended? how was it? M x x
Reply 82
Let's revive this thread for the new rounds of auditions going on this December (and subsequent 2011 auditions)!

I have an audition on December 22nd for Central. Really excited to see the school and looking forward to having a fun morning/day with them!

Everyone who has an audition with them: how are you feeling? :smile: Excited, nervous, scared?
Reply 83
I have an Interview on the 21st December for Stage Management :biggrin:

Im soo nervous I have butterflies in my stomach, but I'm excited because I love the school!!
Reply 84
Hey there!

I've got my audition January 4th... Am very nervous.. but also excited :smile: I have yet to see Central as a school so looking forward to it!
have a cool time guys :biggrin: Central's pretty rad.

note how tight security is in the building. you can't move for love nor money without a pass cos a million doors are all security coded haha.
Reply 86
Original post by Respect4Acting
Anyone who applying to drama school should read this, if they think it will be 'easy' it's nice they admit competition for drama school is harder than oxbridge, easily - coincidently Christian Burgess at Guildhall, the head of acting in that article - auditioned me.. coolest guy ever!

There was 14 in my group, 5 were recalled ... 3 for Stage and Screen, 1 For Musical stage & 1 for Devised Theatre.. so we had a high recall rate!

There was one girl who i thought was great, she made the panels laugh their ass off - but they did not recall her, I was dissapointed with my judgment as i would have recalled her sitting in that seat & there was one girl who i thought was decent, but they gave her recall - they really are judging many things.

What was interesting though....was the amount of young people who got recalls for acting stage and screen, I was 21 & the second oldest.

Central is the the most stressful first round audition that I've had - more stressful than guildhall & they audition something like 4500-5000 people for a total of 48+ spaces in three strands, everything is possible - good luck.

---> is that so bad? :/ I hv an audition on 22nd and i have to prepare 3 monologues and i just started the 1st one... :/ what about singing you really have to be that good? x
Original post by TaffyBexx
I have an Interview on the 21st December for Stage Management :biggrin:

Im soo nervous I have butterflies in my stomach, but I'm excited because I love the school!!

Hiyaa :wink: ive got an interview for sm on 21st dec too!!
im so nervouss.. only got it through yesterday and im so worried about the project.. are you nervous about it too? its so broad i dont know where to start haha
xxx
Original post by freakygirlhere

Original post by freakygirlhere
Took a huge gamble by ONLY applying to one uni - Central, to do Stage Management.

Had my interview on December 17th, and when I saw how many people were going for SM I thought I was screwed and wouldn't get in.

Lo and behold, yesterday I open Track to find an offer from Central :woo: :eek3: RiDONKulously excited, and so glad that I won't have to try again next year :biggrin:

Anyone else heard back for a Theatre Practice strand?

Heyy.. I'm applying for SM at central this year.. Any tips or advice?? =)
xx
Original post by Wicked_Girliee_Xx
Heyy.. I'm applying for SM at central this year.. Any tips or advice?? =)
xx

Prepare yourself for the workshops by doing all the bits they request. Make the portfolio if you take one, to be very focused and presented well, even if theres only one or two pages in it. Make sure you understand the full extent of the pathway you are applying for and if not ask questions. Also just start thinking outside the box, so look at specific details for some things as it will gain you points.
good luck :smile:
Original post by robhall3192
Prepare yourself for the workshops by doing all the bits they request. Make the portfolio if you take one, to be very focused and presented well, even if theres only one or two pages in it. Make sure you understand the full extent of the pathway you are applying for and if not ask questions. Also just start thinking outside the box, so look at specific details for some things as it will gain you points.
good luck :smile:

Thank-you very much =D thats helped loads.. ive already started a portfolio but it needs some serious work haha and im still thinking about what to do for the project with 3 contrasting pictures!! seriously thanks a lot youve been a great help
xx
Reply 91
Hiyaa :wink: ive got an interview for sm on 21st dec too!!
im so nervouss.. only got it through yesterday and im so worried about the project.. are you nervous about it too? its so broad i dont know where to start haha
xxx

I'm very nervous about the Project! I have no idea what mines going to be about :s-smilie: But at least we have 3 weeks!

Have you applied for SM/Technical theatre anywhere else?
is this the project where you create a sort of art instillation in groups using the photos you bring in? cos yeah, it's a piece of piss. I didn't say a word I don't think. and I graduate from central next year :wink:
I'm very nervous about the Project! I have no idea what mines going to be about :s-smilie: But at least we have 3 weeks!

Have you applied for SM/Technical theatre anywhere else?

Yea.. I was actually meant to be at Guildford School of Acting today for an interview but i got snowed in :s-smilie: and I was meant to be at LAMDA on wednesday but again i was snowed in!!
But I've applied to LAMDA, Bristol, GSA, Central, Mountview, Rose Bruford.. and I'm considering applying to RADA but i have like no money as it is!! I just really want to get in somewhere...
Where have you applied??

And I know what you mean about the photos project.. I've been thinking about it like non-stop for the last 2 days.. Im also trying to decide what performance to do the 500 essay thing on haha
xxx

But I've applied to LAMDA, Bristol, GSA, Central, Mountview, Rose Bruford..

anything put you off RWCMD ??
Reply 95
Yea.. I was actually meant to be at Guildford School of Acting today for an interview but i got snowed in :s-smilie: and I was meant to be at LAMDA on wednesday but again i was snowed in!!
But I've applied to LAMDA, Bristol, GSA, Central, Mountview, Rose Bruford.. and I'm considering applying to RADA but i have like no money as it is!! I just really want to get in somewhere...
Where have you applied??

And I know what you mean about the photos project.. I've been thinking about it like non-stop for the last 2 days.. Im also trying to decide what performance to do the 500 essay thing on haha
xxx

Ahh the snow can be a bit of a pain!

I've applied to RWCMD, Central, Mountview, Rose Bruford and ALRA. I plan to apply to Guildhall (when i have money too lol (hopefully it'll be soon).

I've finally decided on the performance I'm going to write about, i just need to start :smile: x
Ahh the snow can be a bit of a pain!

I've applied to RWCMD, Central, Mountview, Rose Bruford and ALRA. I plan to apply to Guildhall (when i have money too lol (hopefully it'll be soon).

I've finally decided on the performance I'm going to write about, i just need to start :smile: x

Well we've applied to 3 of the same hehe.. Maybe we can meet up when we get to central?? im christina btw XD
i thought id decided what performance id do but then realised it didnt count haha! so now im researching again... ive got 1 of my photos though!!
xx
PS.. i was going to apply to RWCMD but all the problems with travelling so far and there being like no chance of any financial support put me off a bit.. its a great place though =)
xxx
Reply 98
Well we've applied to 3 of the same hehe.. Maybe we can meet up when we get to central?? im christina btw XD
i thought id decided what performance id do but then realised it didnt count haha! so now im researching again... ive got 1 of my photos though!!
xx

Yeahh we should, I'm Tafara :smile:

Good stuff! I have ideas of what i want 2 of my photos to have, I just don't know where to find them xx
PS.. i was going to apply to RWCMD but all the problems with travelling so far and there being like no chance of any financial support put me off a bit.. its a great place though =)
xxx

Cardiff's on the main train line east to west but thats personal choice.
and the finance avaliable is the same as any otehr university in England or Wales. just there are less bursaries avaiable but there are hardship grants.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending