Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    Ive finally realised the answer to so many peoples questions about the legitimacy of homosexuality.
    The answers is as follows from a philosophical-science point of view.

" If homosexuality was meant to be a human form of sexuality then how is it explained that homosexuals cannot reproduce their own offspring. The human body is designed for coupling of male and female, and therefore this illegitamises homosexuality."

Discuss.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Mad Caddie)
    Ive finally realised the answer to so many peoples questions about the legitimacy of homosexuality.
    The answers is as follows from a philasophical-science point of view.

" If homosexuality was meant to be a human form of sexuality then how is it explained that homosexuals cannot reproduce their own offspring. The human body is designed for coupling of male and female, and therefore this illegitamises homosexuality."

Discuss.
    why, then do we observe homosexuality in members of the animal kingdom? i suggest to you that the purpose of sex is not only procreation, as you suggest, but also pleasure, and some derise more pleasure from same-sex couplings than opposite-sex ones.

also, your use of the word 'meant' implies the overseeing of ceration by some kind of God, and that (s)he / it intends there to be a natural order of things. now, we can observe homosexuality in all walks of life, an in both sexes, and yet you seem to assume this is questionable, whereas a God that cannot even be defined or comperhended (if one were to believe such a force could feisably exist), you take as Gospel (no pun intended)...

Discuss back.

ReputationRep:
    good point

ReputationRep:
    Are you gay?

Discuss.
    no, i just intesely dislike intolerance.

oh, and if you havent got a valid point to make, dont make one - what relevance does it have if im gay or not?

ReputationRep:

Discuss.
    My first thought is that you posting this is probably going to do harm in terms of creating tolerance and acceptance. Homosexuality exists, why does it matter if it is "legitimate" or not? It doesn't hurt anyone so just let people get on with it and they'll let you get on with your life. What's the point in starting something like this?

You appear to be basically arguing that homosexuality isn't right since as species we are designed to reproduce and they "cannot reproduce their own offspring" well what about a hetrosexual couple who have a child who turns out to be gay? Surely that has happened loads of times, does that mean any hetrosexual people with the potential to have a gay child (which is potentially all of us until we find out what exactly causes someone to be hetrosexual, bisexual or homosexual) are "illegitimate" as well?

Also you seem to have forgotten that homosexuals are not unable to reproduce, they simply choose not to. A gay man could reproduce with a woman, he just has no interest in it, but of course its possible. Is a hetrosexual person who chooses not to have kids also "illegitimate" as a human being?

If homosexuals cannot reproduce their own offspring how are they still around?!?!

This has to be the stupidest post ever. Why post something like this unless you want to stir up anti-gay feelings? Your argument is pathetic.

ReputationRep:
    Oh Mad Caddie, you're obviously homophobic hence pathetic and quite stupid.

Get a grip and forget about homosexuality- IT'S NONE OF UR BUSINESS!

Homosexuality has to be genetic, there is no other way about it.

What do you think causes homosexuality??

ReputationRep:
    Agree with the above.. and also your point about it being not designed for you body.. there are lots of other things we do that aren't designed for our body- so what?.. are you religous by the way..?

ReputationRep:
    I am not even gonna bother to post an argument here as other have already made the essential points.

The reason I post this message anyways is marely to express my support for tolerance and human rights. I am not homosexual, but I lost half my relatives in auschwitz due to prejustice and intolerance similar to what builds the foundation of homofobia.

Jonatan Ring

ReputationRep:
    I never really understand discussions like this, I mean I'm a gay male and I'm perfectly fine with this. I don't understand how you feel saying 'they aren't legitimate' will actually help things. What is the problem with gay people? have we somehow stopped you from living your life normally or from doing your day to day things. About 90% of the members of this website probably didn't even care I was gay, probably even higher number. So why have discussions about why homosexuality is bad? You will still have homosexuality in society no matter what the majority thinks.

Anyway sorry that wasn't really constructive, just getting sorta annoyed when I go on this website and keep seeing threads going 'you arn't meant to be here'.

ReputationRep:
    A French writer once said: 'I was born homosexual like I was born with two feet'.

There is strong evidence in modern scientific research, that homosexuality is mostly genetic.

I don't think there's a point in arguing about the 'legitimacy' of homosexuality. It's like arguing about the legitimacy of blonde hair, short-sightedness or a good sense of humour.

Talking about the legitimacy of any human characteristic assumes that certain characteristics are 'right' and others are 'wrong', that somehow there is a scheme of things we should comply to. I believe the sole aim of life if indeed there is one is happiness. Homosexuality does not stand in the way of happiness.

Besides, saying that homosexuality is 'illegitimate' is dangerously reminescent of the Third Reich, where everyone who for whatever reason was not considered fit for the Aryan race was considered 'illegitimate'. We don't live just for reproduction, ie. the continuation of the race!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by darknessishope)
    Anyway sorry that wasn't really constructive, just getting sorta annoyed when I go on this website and keep seeing threads going 'you arn't meant to be here'.
    Dont be sorry, I think you should do exactly what you just did whenever such a message pops up. Answer it. No need to waste your time discussing such nonsense, but just let people know you are there and exactly what you think about it.

ReputationRep:

Discuss.
    Big Gay Al and his big Gay boat ride legitimises homosexuality....discuss

ReputationRep:
    The fact that homosexuality is clearly not hereditary invalidates your argument somewhat: it is not as if the homosexual "species" needs to pass on the "homosexual gene" in order to survive so the fact that they cannot reproduce does not invalidate them as human beings in my opinion. Also, the fact that they are very much real and there are millions across the globe means they are most certainly not a "one-off gene error" or something similar. It's attitudes like this which causes so many young people with homosexual tendencies to commit suicide/become depressed, and believe me, I speak from experience.

ReputationRep:

Discuss.
    what about oral sex? that doesn't produce offspring. so is everyone that performs/takes pleasure out of oral sex unnatural?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by musicman)
    The fact that homosexuality is clearly not hereditary invalidates your argument somewhat: it is not as if the homosexual "species" needs to pass on the "homosexual gene" in order to survive so the fact that they cannot reproduce does not invalidate them as human beings in my opinion. Also, the fact that they are very much real and there are millions across the globe means they are most certainly not a "one-off gene error" or something similar. It's attitudes like this which causes so many young people with homosexual tendencies to commit suicide/become depressed, and believe me, I speak from experience.

Homosexuality most probably is hereditary.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by El_Borish)
    no, i just intesely dislike intolerance.
    So, you could say you're intensly intolerable of intolerance? :-P

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by vinny2256)
    Homosexuality has to be genetic, there is no other way about it.
    How can homosexuality be genetic?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by El_Borish)
    why, then do we observe homosexuality in members of the animal kingdom? i suggest to you that the purpose of sex is not only procreation, as you suggest, but also pleasure, and some derise more pleasure from same-sex couplings than opposite-sex ones.

also, your use of the word 'meant' implies the overseeing of ceration by some kind of God, and that (s)he / it intends there to be a natural order of things. now, we can observe homosexuality in all walks of life, an in both sexes, and yet you seem to assume this is questionable, whereas a God that cannot even be defined or comperhended (if one were to believe such a force could feisably exist), you take as Gospel (no pun intended)...

Discuss back.
    Humans and dolphins are the only animals that have sex for pleasure. There must be a different reason.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by vavavoom)
    Humans and dolphins are the only animals that have sex for pleasure.
    How are you so sure of this? so when a dog humps your leg, it's for procreation?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by elpaw)
    How are you so sure of this? so when a dog humps your leg, it's for procreation?
    Scientifically proved fact. Read it in a number of trivia books.

To be sure I even looked it up on the net:

http://www.snopes.com/critters/wild/pleasure.htm

Check it out for yourself if you don't believe me.

Poll
How are you feeling in the run-up to Results Day 2018?
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.