Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    D&D didnt exist back in december

am i the only one still waiting for part 2 after 7 months?

ReputationRep:
    I thought it was genetic - a mutation occurs, it therefore can be hereditory if it is recessive - like red hair.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by elpaw)
    D&D didnt exist back in december

am i the only one still waiting for part 2 after 7 months?
    Part 2 didnt materialise. Do you want me to research and produce it?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by immortal)
    I thought it was genetic - a mutation occurs, it therefore can be hereditory if it is recessive - like red hair.
    I dont think it is genetic as many believe, if it was reccessive then 1/4 of population would be homosexuals...and how do you explain bisexuals. I believe there is some other reason for this, and homosexuality exists in other animals...so it must be part of nature. A social thing, ive mentioned a similar idea in another debate...part of evolution?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by JnA)
    I dont think it is genetic as many believe, if it was reccessive then 1/4 of population would be homosexuals...and how do you explain bisexuals. I believe there is some other reason for this, and homosexuality exists in other animals...so it must be part of nature. A social thing, ive mentioned a similar idea in another debate...part of evolution?
    recessive doesnt imply that two alleles will guarantee to make you a homosexual. Left handness as an example occurs randomly with a 50 - 50 chance when a person have two of a certain type of allele, and with a 25% chance when a person has one of them.

The truth of the matter is that noone has a clue what causes homosexuality.

One thing is certain however, outlawing homosexuality is in contradiction to the UN convention of human rights.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by JnA)
    Just because something is recessive, it does not mean that exactly 1/4 of the population will have the recessive characteristic. Whoever believes this is completely disregarding natural selection and so forth.

I don't think bisexuals exist. Just people trying to be difficult.

Why do people insist on bringing up the whole "homosexuality exists in animals" mantra. This HAS NOT been scientifically proven, just suggested. It IS NOT a fact.

Homosexuality is clearly something people indulge in by choice.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Mad Caddie)
    Just because something is recessive, it does not mean that exactly 1/4 of the population will have the recessive characteristic. Whoever believes this is completely disregarding natural selection and so forth.

Why do people insist on bringing up the whole "homosexuality exists in animals" mantra. This HAS NOT been scientifically proven, just suggested. It IS NOT a fact.

I can see this being attacked. Why do oold threads get revived after so long?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by NDGAARONDI)
    I can see this being attacked. Why do oold threads get revived after so long?
    It makes interesting debate?

In principle your question is pretty stupid. If you think about it, the majority of threads in D&D are just variations of previous threads, phrased differently, by a different user. ie. Abortion, Euthanasia, etc etc etc.

ReputationRep:

Ok fair enough, I accept your point about the recessive gene, but however this idea that homosexuality existing in animals being a myth is not true. ITs not a mantra, and is a fact. Many animal behaviourist have documented same-sexed relationships, such as in baboons, swans, gorillas, dogs, cows, and many more. You dont need to prove this scientificaly - it exists in nature. It brings in social cohesion within groups, a way of making up after a fight.

ReputationRep:
    simplely no, it exists
    and it is a fact, there are homosexual relationships in the animal kingdom

you have managed to get two facts wrong

ReputationRep:

There is no such thing as homosexuality, bisexuality or heterosexuality. There are such things as homosexual etc behaviour. Different people and animals engage in these sorts of behaviour at different times. Actually, they spend much more time in other kinds of behaviour and no-one gives a twopenny damn. If sexual activity takes place between mutually consenting adults then it's no-one else's business. There are- in case you haven't noticed- so many people enthusiastically going in for heterosexual behaviour that we are more worrried about overpopulation than underpopulation. Homosexual behaviour undoubtedly exists in animals.This has, as someone said, been scientifically proved.
    People engage in homosexual and heterosexual behaviour. Some people- and animals- engage in both. This may be "just to be difficult", or it may be "by choice".[You'd prefer it if people did things compulsively rather than by choice perhaps?] It doesn't matter and doesn't do any harm except to your peace of mind. If you're that upset about it, think of something else.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Speciez99)
    simplely no, it existsWhere is teh evidence, its all psychological mumbo jumbo which trys to prove. Sexuality is like Marmite. Your either supposedly homo, or heterosexual. There is no in between.

and it is a fact, there are homosexual relationships in the animal kingdom

you have managed to get two facts wrong Evidence. Show me the concrete evidence. Don't just state that there is. Show me credible scientific reports.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Weejimmie)
    There is no such thing as homosexuality, bisexuality or heterosexuality. There are such things as homosexual etc behaviour. Different people and animals engage in these sorts of behaviour at different times. Actually, they spend much more time in other kinds of behaviour and no-one gives a twopenny damn. If sexual activity takes place between mutually consenting adults then it's no-one else's business. There are- in case you haven't noticed- so many people enthusiastically going in for heterosexual behaviour that we are more worrried about overpopulation than underpopulation. Homosexual behaviour undoubtedly exists in animals.This has, as someone said, been scientifically proved.
    People engage in homosexual and heterosexual behaviour. Some people- and animals- engage in both. This may be "just to be difficult", or it may be "by choice".[You'd prefer it if people did things compulsively rather than by choice perhaps?] It doesn't matter and doesn't do any harm except to your peace of mind. If you're that upset about it, think of something else.
    That was an interesting read. :rolleyes: Now please show me this "scientific evidence".

ReputationRep:

" If homosexuality was meant to be a human form of sexuality then how is it explained that homosexuals cannot reproduce their own offspring. The human body is designed for coupling of male and female, and therefore this illegitamises homosexuality."

Discuss.
    the use of condoms is not meant to be part of human sexuality as it means you cannot produce offspring so there illegitamises heterosexuality and contraception O_o

ReputationRep:
    It makes interesting debate?

In principle your question is pretty stupid. If you think about it, the majority of threads in D&D are just variations of previous threads, phrased differently, by a different user. ie. Abortion, Euthanasia, etc etc etc.
    Learn to punctuate.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by NDGAARONDI)
    Learn to punctuate.
    Learn to kiss my ass.

ReputationRep:
    i this actually based on anything???! some people get aroused by men, some women, some both!!! why would they try to be difficult?!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Masonne)
    i this actually based on anything???! some people get aroused by men, some women, some both!!! why would they try to be difficult?!
    the most funniest thing is that humans have sex for pleasure and not just for reproduction...

ReputationRep:
    That was an interesting read. :rolleyes: Now please show me this "scientific evidence".
    See Bagemihl & Megahan: Biological Exuberance.

ReputationRep:
    Do people choose to be born Down Syndrome choose to be born 'mutated' because their ancestors were caught in Nagasaki during the Second World War?

Poll
Could you cope without Wifi?
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.