Turn on thread page Beta

Anti-Chav Bands watch

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by kizdesai)
    http://www.britishwristbands.com/ant...ristbands.html

I bought 5

p.s sorry if this been posted before, if it has I'm sure it can be moderated

edit: as mentioned maybe this should be in chat, although im sure it will quickly disapear into the mist in that forum.
    Isn't it ironic? Don't you think?

Does that not make you King Chav?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Fluffy)

not really

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by technik)
    not really
    I beg to differ

ReputationRep:
    the thread isnt about livestrong bands.
    the livestrong bands were the original bands. now these other bands are being made, they are being sold for profit rather than the money being given to people dying from cancer.

ReputationRep:

Or king businessman who managed to turn simple wristbands into a lucrative empire, well i'll make 50p each selling to mates, a tidy two quid while endorcing our collective hatred of chavs.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Lauren)
    the livestrong bands were the original bands. now these other bands are being made, they are being sold for profit rather than the money being given to people dying from cancer.

Not being funny, but most Livestrong bands sold on ebay (and elsewhere for that matter) are sold for profit, and all Livestrong get is the initial outlay the person who bought them spent...

ReputationRep:
    Or king businessman who managed to turn simple wristbands into a lucrative empire, well i'll make 50p each selling to mates, a tidy two quid while endorcing our collective hatred of chavs.
    But wearing them makes your friends Chavs...

ReputationRep:
    I really don't see a problem. If you want to talk about a problem, how about that people must be sold gimmicks like wristbands in order to donate to charity, i think that's the sad part of it all.

ReputationRep:
    But wearing them makes your friends Chavs...
    ah you're suggesting wristbands are used commonly by chavs, can't say I've shared the same experience from my college.

ReputationRep:
    ah you're suggesting wristbands are used commonly by chavs, can't say I've shared the same experience from my college.
    Without a doubt! I salute the guy who thought of Anti-chav bands - talk about taking the piss!

Having said that I do own a breast cancer one - I just don't wear it!

ReputationRep:
    ah ok, well i've never wore one, but a lot of my (non-chav) friends wear them.

ReputationRep:
    im selling them again though. just search for "anti chav" and look for the pink ones :p:
    Cool. Is it profitable in selling these? j/w

ReputationRep:
    i run an ac forum... we had them on there yonkies ago

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by NDGAARONDI)
    Cool. Is it profitable in selling these? j/w
    well i bought them for around £1.50 wholesale from america...

and im selling them for £3.50 ish after fees...

ReputationRep:
    In the interests of balance, could anyone direct me towards any 'I hate middle class people' wristbands? Maybe 'I find upper class public school rahs intolerable?' Or perhaps, 'i hate people who wear wristbands to show the world how charitable and generous and oh-so-trendy they are, and don't their nike-produced anti-racism bands looks great with thier nike trainers which by the way were made using third world child labour?'

Come to think of it, that third one might not fit on a band.

ReputationRep:
    Genius! :rofl: Death to chavs! :eviltongu

ReputationRep:
    its about time!!!!

ReputationRep:
    there ace. btw bands like the live strong bands are for anyone. i know of chavs that wear them but i no alot of people that are decent that wear the 2

ReputationRep:
    um...thats because they arent livestrong bands...

Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: July 6, 2005

students online now

800,000+

Exam discussions

Find your exam discussion here

Poll
Should predicted grades be removed from the uni application process
Useful resources
AtCTs

Ask the Community Team

Got a question about the site content or our moderation? Ask here.

Welcome Lounge

Welcome Lounge

We're a friendly bunch. Post here if you're new to TSR.

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.