Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    rogue squadron 3 for gamecube, EAT LIGHTSABER! Yeah, you can even take out the walkers while on foot!

ReputationRep:
    N64 no contest

Perfect Dark
    Goldeneye
    Jet Force Gemini
    Donkey Kong
    Star Wars Rogue Squadron
    Episode 1 Pod Racer

ReputationRep:
    The xbox is fan-dabby-dozy! I had a little play on it when my boyfriend went out the other day, and he's got xbox-live which is really fun! Especially as you get to wear that head set thingy... ah, my vocation shall be call centre assistant!

ReputationRep:
    The first and only games console I have owned is the Sega Mega Drive.

Since then, PC all the way.

ReputationRep:
    The PS2 is terrible - really bad graphics. The only reason everyone buys it is because they know the brand name.

The graphics on the Xbox are a million times better, but who here has got a Dreamcast? They're brilliant. Graphics are great, and you can get really cheap games for it (if you can still find any!). The problem is that there are so few shops that stock Dreamcast games now, because of the bloody PS2!!!

The Gamecube is quite cool I suppose, but not as good as the Xbox and Dcast.

Favourite games at the moment:
    F-Zero
    Project Gotham Racing 2
    Metroid Prime

Anyone got the new Prince of Persia? What do you think of it? I thought it was really boring!

ReputationRep:
    Xbox is the BEST!!!
    and thats not because i havent played any of the other consoles - we had a snes, a dreamcast, a ps1 and ive play amiga, nes, n64 and ps2.

i can honestly say that xvox beats them all because it has the best graphics and better movement of player. it trashes ps2 becuase you can play online using xbox live!!

btw if anyone has an xbox and wants to find out about new games and stuff, you can visit my bro's website: www.talkxbox.com :cool:

ReputationRep:
    Gamecube is THE best, well, if they ever get that online thing going properly. Imagine it, you and three m8ts, you on the normal controller, and your 3 mates using GBA's, playing against 3 others doing the same thing! Now imagine if that was on something like rainbow 6, each person could ave different things on their GBA's such as objectives, maps and item locations, or even a radar! forced co operation, and the best thing... the other team can't cheat by listening in on your conversation or looking at your screen!

ReputationRep:
    I shall deviate from the PS2-norm and say either the Nintendo Gamecube or the SNES. I have the Gamecube and chose it over the other 2 current consoles because it offered excellent games exclusive to Nintendo ONLY. Like Wind Waker, Star Wars - Rogue Leader, Mario Kart, F-Zero, Eternal Darkness and the might Metroid Prime. People also seem to have forgotten the true meaning of a games console. They are designed to play games, not to show off (like the PS2) or be mega-power with an Intel 733Mhz processor but with crap games.

However, my favourite console of all time was SNES. That was a legend of a console and had some of the best games ever on it like: Super Mario World, Super Mario Kart, Yoshi's Island, Super Mario RPG, Chronotrigger, Secret of Mana, Donkey Kong Country, F-Zero, Final Fantasy V, ISS, Zelda - A Link to the Past, Super Metroid, Killer Instinct, Illusion of Time, Terranigma and Starfox.

Final Fantasy VII is the BEST game of all time though.....

ReputationRep:
    take a breath, you're turning blue!

ReputationRep:
    xbox is definately the BEST console. And Halo is without doubt the greatest game ever to grace our humble earth. Halo 2 will be the new standard for video games when it comes out. It will be truly incredibly, worth buyin an xbox for. Worth buyin a TV for. Anyway, i also have a PS2 and it seldom gets used, next to my xbox it is puny. of, and for all those people who must have nice looking electrical appliances, i know that the xbox is no oil painting, i thought exactly the same. I did something about it. check out my xbox at the following addy
    here, here, here and here.
    So, what do you think?

ReputationRep:
    Halo was fun, i had a go on my uncles copy, but it's nothing new, metroid prime was, is and will always be a first and great game, as nintendo came up wit an original game style and made it work, well done nintendo, microsoft sucks... but im still gonna get halo for the pc...

ReputationRep:
    it has to be sega mastersystem with alex kid!!! retro all the way!!!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Trousers)
    Anyone got the new Prince of Persia? What do you think of it? I thought it was really boring!
    yeah, i downloaded it having read the rave reviews and not wanting to wait for it to come to UK. It's quite cool ... but didn't live up to the hype. I did get bored, didn't really put the effort in though. I think if you're into adventure type games you'd love it, otherwise it would probably get boring. The running-along walls matrix style moves are fun.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by jediknight007)
    However, my favourite console of all time was SNES.

If you like the SNES, you should get an xbox I've put a SNES emulator on ours with something like 2000 games ( i cant be arsed to check the exact number now). Diddy kong on xbox is fun

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by amexblack)
    If you like the SNES, you should get an xbox I've put a SNES emulator on ours with something like 2000 games ( i cant be arsed to check the exact number now). Diddy kong on xbox is fun
    Why the need for a SNES emulator when I have the REAL THING at home! Lol. Anyways, I already have an emulator on my PC.

ReputationRep:
    my point exactly, the x-box is just a pc built to play games on, so it doesn't count as a games console, it's just microsoft trying to make some extra money

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by amexblack)
    yeah, i downloaded it having read the rave reviews and not wanting to wait for it to come to UK. It's quite cool ... but didn't live up to the hype. I did get bored, didn't really put the effort in though. I think if you're into adventure type games you'd love it, otherwise it would probably get boring. The running-along walls matrix style moves are fun.
    Yeah, that was probably the best bit though. My main problem with it was that the fight sequences are all the same. You might have more and more baddies to kill as you go along, but you kill them all in pretty much the same way. Just gets dull.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Ryoku)
    my point exactly, the x-box is just a pc built to play games on, so it doesn't count as a games console, it's just microsoft trying to make some extra money
    Sorry, but exactly what do you mean. If you mean that an xbox shares some of it's components with a PC then yes, that's right, but then so does a PS2 and any other games console. If you mean that an xbox and a PC are interchangeable then you are very wrong because the software built for one will not run on the other. If, and this is the most likely, you are putting the xbox into the catergory of "PC" purely because it has a hard drive for storage then this is stupid, a hard drive is a cheap way of storing a lot of data. If your catergorisation were true then is an ipod the same as a PC because it has a harddrive?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Ryoku)
    my point exactly, the x-box is just a pc built to play games on, so it doesn't count as a games console,
    haha. so what if its just a pc built to play games? it plays them better than the PS2. It's cheaper than a PC. it doesn't look like a PC. who gives a toss what OS it's running, or that it has an IDE hard drive and an intel processor? of course it's a bloody games console Sony sell a friggin Linux kit for their console ... what does that make it, if not a PC?!!! And they were stupid enough not to build LAN connectivity into their console and so they're now selling add on kits to have the same functionality as the XBOX. not to mention their online service sucks.

(Original post by Ryoku)
    it's just microsoft trying to make some extra money
    and you think Sony have created the PS2 out of the kindness of their hearts?! get real, they're all "trying to make some extra money". that's what companies try and do.

ReputationRep:
    well, yes, u are right there, but i stand by what i say, the x box is a pc, not a games console, cause even if xbox games wont work for the pc, amiga stuff doesn't work on apple computers

Poll
How are you feeling in the run-up to Results Day 2018?
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.