Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    Anyone do any volountary work?

I'm off out to offer my services tomorrow. I have free time why not do something useful.

so anyone do any? what's it like etc etc..

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by kalibantre)
    Anyone do any volountary work?

I'm off out to offer my services tomorrow. I have free time we not do something useful.

so anyone do any? what's it like etc etc..
    Where ya doing it?

I have done some out in Turkey for the Stray Dogs Project but none here. I might look into it actually.

ReputationRep:
    I don't know. but i have 2 oxfams, a banardos, a claire's hospice (local charity i think) and a roy castle cancer reseacrh shop actually on my road. so i'm thinking one of them could use me for an afternoon a week or something. I have nothing more worthwhile to do with my time. it's shop experience which is always good, and well it'll give me a warm fuzzy feeling :p:

ReputationRep:
    Good for you Kalibatre

ReputationRep:
    Very worthwhile to do!

ReputationRep:
    thanks honey.. :hugs:

though expect "oh my god the crazy people that come in this shop" threads

ReputationRep:
    are you sure that warm fuzzy feeling isnt just something to with the smell and allthe mothballs they have in them shops? I do a soup run occasionally with my church. I find it amazing that all the young people out trying to get you to sign up your credit card get paid to do that ( i never realised this till one of them told me :P)

ReputationRep:
    I do volunteer work for the Samaritans. It's only three hours a week. Not finished my training yet so all I do is sit whilst people talk about confidentiality and the way to take suicidal phone calls, etc. At the moment it's not so bad, but whe I get to answer all the suicidal calls I don't know whether or not I'll still be thinking it's OK.

Looks great on a CV though on a positive note!

ReputationRep:
    You might be interested in this website -

http://www.wfac.org.uk/

Has information about working in the charity sector, links to placements etc

ReputationRep:
    I volunteer at a brownie and guide pack, and have worked at the British Heart Foundation in the past

ReputationRep:
    I volunteer for the doncaster council community first something something project or wahtever. we basically clear the local woods and keep it tidy. last week there was our group...then there were the junior rangers (lil tods learning about trees and birds), the there were the young offenders doing community service :eek: I though my car was gona get broken in to...

ReputationRep:
    i'm thinking about doing some volunteer work, but really don't know how to go about organsing it! went to a HE superfair last week and there was a rep from a local group- he gave me a website but there are no events in my area- and only my area!!!!
    • PS Reviewer

ReputationRep:
    PS Reviewer
    I help out at a day hospice. It's great!

ReputationRep:
    Volunteering for 2 weeks in the local Oxfam shop.

Also going to be volunteering for Headway brain damage organisation once or twice every week after school next year.

ReputationRep:
    St John Ambulance

ReputationRep:
    we have this thing at school where ur selected in gcsew year, and fundraise throughout the year for a romanian orphange and u go out at the end of gcse and a level year... its sooo much fun

ReputationRep:
    wow.. I never knew so many people did volounteer work.

I'm beig patheti today and putting off asking for a day as it's chucking it down and i have stuff I need to do today. so tomorrow night you should get the post telling you all where i'm working and how freaky everything is..

ReputationRep:
    good for you kalibantre - good to see someone committed to charity work

i dont really do any charity work but as a part of a program at school i teach a few year 7's maths and also did this leadership in sports thing, teaching kids in PE

ReputationRep:
    I used to help out in the local RSPCA when I was still in high school.

ReputationRep:
    Last December I sent presents out to European children for Christmas and encouraged others to do so. I will also do dancing for charity.

Other than that I sponsor a child in Nepal.

students online now

800,000+

Exam discussions

Find your exam discussion here

Poll
Should predicted grades be removed from the uni application process
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.