Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    I do volunatary conservation work in local nature reserves and we sometimes help out old people with their gardens

ReputationRep:
    I got a letter of rejection when I applied to do voluntary work I mean whats so wrong with me?!

I thought people would appreciate the free help! Dinted my confidence a bit, :bawling: I mean if I can't even get a voluntary job I don't have a hope in hell of getting a job when I leave Uni!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by * gemchicken *)
    I got a letter of rejection when I applied to do voluntary work I mean whats so wrong with me?!

I thought people would appreciate the free help!
    awww how could they reject you?!? thats not fair!

ReputationRep:
    i've never done charity work. i feel slightly bad now i see loads of people have, but then i think "no, i'm a student, i can't afford to feed myself let alone other people, i need to get real work". hum.

ReputationRep:
    that's a bit out of order isn't it, rejecting an offer of help.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by *starry_eyed_*)
    awww how could they reject you?!? thats not fair!
    (Original post by Lauren)
    that's a bit out of order isn't it, rejecting an offer of help
    I know it made me feel really bad, I was only trying to help

ReputationRep:
    I know it made me feel really bad, I was only trying to help
    just keep going back to them, nagging, they'll soon give in!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by *starry_eyed_*)
    just keep going back to them, nagging, they'll soon give in!
    I'll apply somewhere else I think, but maybe in September, I need to work for money over Summer, I have none but yep, I'll try in September

ReputationRep:
    i work at Oxfam twice a week. i cant really say it gives me a warm fuzzy feeling though but at least it makes a change from my paid job which i really hate at the moment.
    its ok though, good experience, nice people to talk to and looks good on your cv, definetley worth doing if you have nothing better to do like me!

ReputationRep:
    wow you guys took the warm and fuzzy seriously.

students online now

800,000+

Exam discussions

Find your exam discussion here

Poll
Should predicted grades be removed from the uni application process
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.