The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 60
depends what level. spanish is very accessible at an easy level such as GCSE. it is when you start to progress that it gets harder and the grammar gets harder and harder. you'll find you go through the same things time and time and still make the same mistakes. Like other people have said, if you have learnt another language it will make life so much easier, the more you know the easier it is to start another one.
Reply 61
See quite a few people have been saying that it's pretty easy to pick up... however you won't be able to read it just like that :tongue:!

Still requires a lot of hard work and as has been said some of the trickier grammar is quite perplexing - the subjunctive for example!

However if you're dedicated enough to learn it then it should be enjoyable - which of course makes it a lot easier :smile:!
Reply 62
I did most of the GCSE Spanish course at a local college as an evening class but then I had too much work from my AS's to carry it on. It's an easy enough language to pick up and it's just a case of learning the grammar reasonably thoroughly and you should be ok. I might restart the Spanish GCSE in September but this time see it through to the end :smile:
I really enjoyed Spanish GCSE.

I'm fluent in french, so that helped a lot as they're pretty similar. I actually prefer the sound and flow of Spanish to French.

The grammer is okay once you've practised it enough, and the vocab is fine.

Latest

Trending

Trending