Turn on thread page Beta

The United States of America is so awesome watch

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Bismarck)
    You should do the math before making that claim. Hispanics, blacks, and Jews make up about 27% of the population. Around 80% of them vote Democratic (~90% for blacks, ~75-80% for Jews, and ~70% for Hispanics). If the Republicans are able to win by 3% by the vote, then 46% of the Republican vote has to come from non-Jewish whites, who make up 73% of the population. That's 63% of the white vote, which isn't very close to 50/50. I can assure you that the Republican party gets somewhere close to 100% of the redneck vote.
    Whoa! What claim? Read back a few posts, my point was that minus NY, California too and other states undergoing Mexican invasion, the US is great. You went off on a vote pattern tangent, and you've simply confirmed that some minorities vote Democrat as I said. I was talking nationally rather than just New York btw, and never even hinted that ethnic chauvinism was swinging elections, nevr mind claimed it.

Rednecks?

You implied on several occassions that non-whites weren't as hard-working or intelligent as whites, that the races should be separate, and that the white race makes up its own nation. You're not quite as bad as the KKK or BNP, but you're leaning in that direction. In your defense, your views on other policies aren't as blatantly stupid as those of the BNP.
    If I've ranked the races in group order I've never, not once, ever ever, placed Whites supreme. Have I? I've never said the White race should have it's own nation. Have I? In a poll asking should the races separate, I ticked something other than yes. Didn't I?

KKK? BNP? Gentile equivalents of Israeli nationalism?

Not like you to get hysterical Bizzy, I usually admire your cool, masterly style.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ArthurOliver)
    Whoa! What claim? Read back a few posts, my point was that minus NY, California too and other states undergoing Mexican invasion, the US is great. You went off on a vote pattern tangent, and you've simply confirmed that some minorities vote Democrat as I said. I was talking nationally rather than just New York btw, and never even hinted that ethnic chauvinism was swinging elections, nevr mind claimed it.
    Except that the proportion of Hispanics voting Democratic has greatly decreased over the last decade. It's conceivable that the Republican party will get 50% of the Hispanic vote within a decade. It took it only a decade to go from 20% to 40%.

Rednecks?
    It's the term we northerners use for the nice people living below the Mason-Dixon.

If I've ranked the races in group order I've never, not once, ever ever, placed Whites supreme. Have I? I've never said the White race should have it's own nation. Have I? In a poll asking should the races separate, I ticked something other than yes. Didn't I?
    That's a matter of semantics. You claim that no race is supreme, yet you made several comments about Caribbeans being lazy and blacks being less intelligent than other "races". Your claim that all races should have their own homeland is a velied way of saying that the races shouldn't mix.

KKK? BNP? Gentile equivalents of Israeli nationalism?

Not like you to get hysterical Bizzy, I usually admire your cool, masterly style.
    You haven't seen me angry. Trust me.

ReputationRep:
    I can assure you that the Republican party gets somewhere close to 100% of the redneck vote.
    As someone who lives on a small island of the coast of North Carolina, I can say that 100% is a pretty accurate number.

"Roanoke Island, a small drinking village with a fishing problem".

Even the senior citizens, buying up thier prescription drugs and living on welfare, are hard core republicans.

ReputationRep:
    Now, this is the way I like it, nice and friendly...

Yup, the GOP are certainly chasing the Hispanic vote, a more subtle appeal to the far larger White constituency would count for more tho'...but we're back to aracial White drones not playing the same game as everybody else...

I confess I did praise the relaxed pace of life in the heavily mixed race Caribbean. Very admirable, I bet you searched for that didn't you?

I'm blushing as I type, but I do believe the races are not equally intelligent, 'tis true. I'll say again tho' - East Asians are top, and among my caucasoid fellows, your tribe Bizzy are supreme.

What's Arnold up to in Mexifornia, is he terminating the Illegals?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Kondar)
    As someone who lives on a small island of the coast of North Carolina, I can say that 100% is a pretty accurate number.

"Roanoke Island, a small drinking village with a fishy problem".

Even the senior citizens, buying up thier prescription drugs and living on welfare, are hard core republicans.
    And then they go out and vote for Bush because he shares their "values", like job loss and fiscal irresponsibility. :rolleyes:

P.S. There is no accent over the "ц" in "Федерация".

ReputationRep:
    ..."P.S. There is no accent over the "ц" in "Федерация"."...and no capitals in ee cummings.

ReputationRep:
    And then they go out and vote for Bush because he shares their "values", like job loss and fiscal irresponsibility. :rolleyes:

P.S. There is no accent over the "ц" in "Федерация".
    You're right, I didnt notice that.

I just cut and paste it... I wonder where its from.

ReputationRep:
    You're right, I didnt notice that.

I just cut and paste it... I wonder where its from.
    An imposter? :p: I don't think the letter "ц" with an accent exists in any language, certainly not in any Slavic language I'm aware of.

ReputationRep:
    He's doing the right thing for some of the right reasons then. We disagree about race.

GW? "I'll never be outniggered again." He was wrong.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by rainjan_4now)
    ...and corn dogs, over-the-top high school shows and pancakes!
    Since when have pancakes been American? They've been eaten (particularly traditionally, on Shrove Tuesday ie. Pancake Day...) in England centuries before the USA even existed!

ReputationRep:
    That's not going to make much of a difference in NYC, over 70% of which is solidly Democratic. On a national level, Haitians tend to be Republican, while the other Hispanic groups tend to lean Democratic, but not by a wide margin. Having more Hispanics is certainly not going to shift the balance of power to the left, as can be seen by Republicans dominating in Presidential and Congressional elections over the last decade, at a time when the number of Hispanics in the US was rapidly rising.
    I thought that Cubans also leant towards the Republicans, quite understandably. But then, most Cubans will be in Florida than in NYC. The USA is a great country. If I couldn't live in Britain or Ireland, I would live there. But I still prefer 'ole Blighty', and of that good old Scotland. I am proud to call myself a British patriot and a Scotsman at the same time.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Lord Waddell)
    I thought that Cubans also leant towards the Republicans, quite understandably. But then, most Cubans will be in Florida than in NYC. The USA is a great country. If I couldn't live in Britain or Ireland, I would live there. But I still prefer 'ole Blighty', and of that good old Scotland. I am proud to call myself a British patriot and a Scotsman at the same time.
    You're right. I forget about them since there aren't many Cubans in New York.

ReputationRep:
    Any mods want to claim responsibility for editing my poll???

Whats up with that?

This was a half serious thread in honor of the fourth of July??!

ReputationRep:
    Damn, and the "Yes" vote was winning too.

ReputationRep:
    Dont think the poll was entirely democratic! There should've been a clear cut NO possbility and not a "errr no actually"!!

ReputationRep:

Whats up with that?

Come now Kondar, you should know of the rife anti-Americanism on the board(sorry, these British students dont hate America, they just, er, erm, hate your goverment? oh, and your culture, and youre all fat and greedy, and stupid). Of course, the fact that your thread was a tongue in cheek celebration of American Independence and the poll should not have been altered without your consent is entirely irrelevant you dumb American, our superiority(we are European after all) demands that we declare our dislike, and of course, excuses the disappearance of the same sense of humour used to bash anything related to the United States.

ReputationRep:

Whats up with that?

If you want to celebrate independance day, have the taste not to do it on a BRITISH forum.

I wouldn't go around bragging about waterloo on a french student site, and if I did then I'd expect to get **** for it.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by alexandra010588)
    Dont think the poll was entirely democratic! There should've been a clear cut NO possbility and not a "errr no actually"!!
    I agree. The "errr" suggests that ALL dissenters are insecure with low self-esteem or have a stutter. This sort of generalized caricature of your atypical Lib Dem bieng applied to us USSR-nostalgic superintellectuals and fellow travellers is damn right insulting. I will be contacting my lawyer - legal action ususally forces your type to be more socially inclusive:

"No.. They d-don't care about th-the environm-ment enough.. Limo hu-humvees! 75% world energy!"
    "No.. Viva Lenin! Iraq is Vietnam!"
    "No.. May the Great Satan eternally burn in the abyss!"

ReputationRep:
    Although I find the Christian Right distasteful and had awful experiences with certain Americans in the past, I think the United States is indeed a great country in many ways. It is in my hope that Americans will rejoice in the knowledge that your present achievements arise from the collective effort of individuals including Americans and immigrants alike, and not by will of some arbitrary metaphysical Beyond otherwise believed to be 'God'.

Here's wishing you a belated Happy Independence Day.

ReputationRep:
    "I agree. The "errr" suggests that ALL dissenters are insecure with low self-esteem or have a stutter. This sort of generalized caricature of your atypical Lib Dem bieng applied to us USSR-nostalgic superintellectuals and fellow travellers is damn right insulting. I will be contacting my lawyer - legal action ususally forces your type to be more socially inclusive:"

Hahaha now i agree with this statement!! Its undermining everyone's opinion the fact that the word "errr" is used. Why not use a bold NO in your poll!! Im sure that word (NO) would describe quite a lot of peoples' opinions concerning the USA's grrreat..ness!

students online now

800,000+

Exam discussions

Find your exam discussion here

Poll
Should predicted grades be removed from the uni application process
Useful resources

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.