Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    oh, better play it safe then, im 19 in feb so i hope my next test is before that so if my prescription does change i can get the lenses for free
    • PS Reviewer

ReputationRep:
    PS Reviewer
    When you're nearly 19, ask your pharmacist/optician for a HC1 form. When you've filled it in you may get free prescritpions, eye tests etc if you have a low income. Or you may qualify for partial help.

ReputationRep:
    I work at Boots Opticians, from my past experience of other opticians, I would say our service is quite good. I did read that Boots Opticians is overpriced, however I'd advise looking at a few opticians for the best frame and getting the best value from there with your prescription, don't be pressured to buying on the day of your eye test, just buy a frame when you see one you like

ReputationRep:
    Bought some glasses they were £99 including frame and lense, it was 2 for 1 so i get another set free, i also paid £12 for one pair to have anti scratch coating. Do you think i should of got 2 different frames or the same?

Thanks

ReputationRep:
    different frame.

ReputationRep:
    Whatever you prefer really. Scratch resistance is a good idea, as is the anti-glare coating, my first pair of glasses I had drove me nuts because I could see reflections of my eye-balls in the glass.

Had my last two pairs from Vision Express, they're the best in my opinion. Have a cool machine that shows you what you will look like with different glasses and prints a little picture out too. Really good service, but very expensive - last pair were about £350 I think but they are Armani

And when they did my sunglasses they screwed up and gave me the ultra-light lenses for free

ReputationRep:
    if i have blonde hair what colour glasses would suit me? i always thought black would stand out too much?

ReputationRep:
    ok, i've just had some glasses from specsavers and this is how it works

When i was younger i went for an eye test every 6 months, when i turned 16 they changed that to twelve. after 8 months i got headaches and i thought it meant my perscription had changed again. Specsavers told me they would give me an eye test but if my perscription had not changerd i would be required to pay £18.50.
    It did change and the optition gave me an nhs voucher for £50 you can ask if you are intitled to this. The offer there is either 2 for 1 or you can have a designer pair for £99 pounds, instead of the usual price of £120.
    So now i have my latest red or dead glasses for the small price of £49!

Bargin.

Any other questions lemme know!
    xx

ReputationRep:
    o and about the blonde hair. I had black glasses for a while and they we're quite cool. very emo. but now they are silver, i find the silver are much more wearable!

ReputationRep:
    yeah i choose silver ones, i just thought black ones seem to stand out too much, although my brother wears black ones.

ReputationRep:
    i wear contacts alot though, im short sighted. -5.75

Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: July 10, 2005

students online now

800,000+

Exam discussions

Find your exam discussion here

Poll
Should predicted grades be removed from the uni application process

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.