Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    oh, better play it safe then, im 19 in feb so i hope my next test is before that so if my prescription does change i can get the lenses for free
    • PS Reviewer

ReputationRep:
    PS Reviewer
    When you're nearly 19, ask your pharmacist/optician for a HC1 form. When you've filled it in you may get free prescritpions, eye tests etc if you have a low income. Or you may qualify for partial help.

ReputationRep:
    I work at Boots Opticians, from my past experience of other opticians, I would say our service is quite good. I did read that Boots Opticians is overpriced, however I'd advise looking at a few opticians for the best frame and getting the best value from there with your prescription, don't be pressured to buying on the day of your eye test, just buy a frame when you see one you like

ReputationRep:
    Bought some glasses they were £99 including frame and lense, it was 2 for 1 so i get another set free, i also paid £12 for one pair to have anti scratch coating. Do you think i should of got 2 different frames or the same?

Thanks

ReputationRep:
    different frame.

ReputationRep:
    Whatever you prefer really. Scratch resistance is a good idea, as is the anti-glare coating, my first pair of glasses I had drove me nuts because I could see reflections of my eye-balls in the glass.

Had my last two pairs from Vision Express, they're the best in my opinion. Have a cool machine that shows you what you will look like with different glasses and prints a little picture out too. Really good service, but very expensive - last pair were about £350 I think but they are Armani

And when they did my sunglasses they screwed up and gave me the ultra-light lenses for free

ReputationRep:
    if i have blonde hair what colour glasses would suit me? i always thought black would stand out too much?

ReputationRep:
    ok, i've just had some glasses from specsavers and this is how it works

When i was younger i went for an eye test every 6 months, when i turned 16 they changed that to twelve. after 8 months i got headaches and i thought it meant my perscription had changed again. Specsavers told me they would give me an eye test but if my perscription had not changerd i would be required to pay £18.50.
    It did change and the optition gave me an nhs voucher for £50 you can ask if you are intitled to this. The offer there is either 2 for 1 or you can have a designer pair for £99 pounds, instead of the usual price of £120.
    So now i have my latest red or dead glasses for the small price of £49!

Bargin.

Any other questions lemme know!
    xx

ReputationRep:
    o and about the blonde hair. I had black glasses for a while and they we're quite cool. very emo. but now they are silver, i find the silver are much more wearable!

ReputationRep:
    yeah i choose silver ones, i just thought black ones seem to stand out too much, although my brother wears black ones.

ReputationRep:
    i wear contacts alot though, im short sighted. -5.75

Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: July 10, 2005
Poll
Black Friday: Yay or Nay?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.