Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    I'm starting AS history in September and I want to find out more about what I will be doing but my school gave me virtually no information on it.

I don't know what exam board it is but I remember on the 6th form taster day, we were told we would be doing stuff mostly on revolutions (I think the Dutch and French were mentioned) and also the English Civil War.

Anyone got any idea which exam board this might be and what other things I will be studying?

ReputationRep:
    I don't think it's AQA, if that's any help! Maybe you could check out exam board websites and have a look at their history specifications to see if any of them sound like your course? Or just ring up/go into school and ask which exam board they use.

ReputationRep:
    Yeah well I've got 6th form induction on Thursday so I should find out then.

ReputationRep:
    I did English Civil War for one AS module - sourcework one and the exam board was Edexcel. I also did Louis XIV (France) at AS but thats not revolutions :?

ReputationRep:
    Went to 6th form induction today, they gave us the course outline for A-Level. It turns out that the combination of courses which my school is doing is unique!

The exam board is edexel and I will be doing mostly the English Civil war but also the Dutch revolution and the Cold War. Unfortunately i have the msot boring miserable teacher to have ever walked the earth for half the units! Couldn't stop laughing during the lesson when he burped in mid-speech!

ReputationRep:
    I pity you and your dutch revolts. I never have to think about them ever again. Damn that's a nice thought!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Madelyn)
    I pity you and your dutch revolts. I never have to think about them ever again. Damn that's a nice thought!
    Well my teacher for the Dutch revolts is half-Dutch and he's a good teacher so it might not be so bad.

ReputationRep:
    I hope so! I just never had a particularly clear idea of what was going on throughout them (didn't help that we jumped around between Elizabeth, Henri IV, and the Netherlands...), so don't really 'get' the revolts. And they are generally quite confusing.
    Edit: um...not that I'm trying to put you off. History is fab.

students online now

800,000+

Exam discussions

Find your exam discussion here

Poll
Should predicted grades be removed from the uni application process

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.