Turn on thread page Beta

How to stay awake when realllllly tired? watch

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by *steph 247*)
    not for 4 weeks straight though! :eek:
    i've never noticed any side effects *twitch*. seriously, i'm ok and i took something stupid like 12 in one go some days.

ReputationRep:
    woah! ok I don't know about that but I've seen people trying to come off it after long periods of use and it made them insanely tired the whole time, like they were falling asleep standing up!

ReputationRep:
    if youre doing activities like that yuou wont fall asleep. the problem will be waking up in the morning I think after all that work your body will wanna sleep for a long time and 5-6 hours aint that long

ReputationRep:
    all you need is a couple of grams of speed...

ReputationRep:
    Urm, right then. Ok. So what I'll do is, drink one cup of coffee in the morning, or maybe two, and then erm get the adrenaline going and erm pour water over me. Should be fine...

ReputationRep:
    If you have a spare hour or so, take a cat nap, but if it's only for about ten or fifteen minutes, it'll just make you more tired.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by mR_CaRL)
    Its all about sensitive pressure points
    Thank you.

(Original post by gemgems89)
    Ok so i'm gonna have an absolutely action-packed 4 weeks on holiday. I will probaly get 5-6 hours sleep a night, and sometimes a lot less for 4 whole weeks! Each day would involve hiking, cycling, absailing, kayaking etc etcccc.. so my question for those who are used to this kinda thing (which I'm not! but can't wait anyway ) how do you stay awake??? When I've hardly had any sleep, i just feel really sleepy and dizzy. Besides coffee, is there anything else? Probaly a stupid question but worth a try!
    hell i cant even stay awake during lectures and consultant teaching, let alone during an activity filled month

ReputationRep:
    suuuuugar!!!!

drink heaps of water and eat a lot!! build up energy through food... keep eating healthily and everything. if you're hungry, you'll find it even worse trying to put out energy you don't have.
    :p:

ReputationRep:
    USE 2 CANS OF REDBULL A DAY TO KEEP SLEEP AWAY..

ReputationRep:
    lol, right ok. thanks all! i'm going tomorrow!!!

ReputationRep:
    Good luck and have fun!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Nutchopper)
    Good luck and have fun!
    Thanks!

Have a nice summer!

(Original post by che guevara)
    USE 2 CANS OF REDBULL A DAY TO KEEP SLEEP AWAY..
    you get tolerant to caffeine then get sleepy because your caffeine levels are low...

least i used to...
    • Section Leader

ReputationRep:
    Section Leader
    I use lots of red bull and tea or coffee, and keep my mind occupied on something to stop me just dropping off.

ReputationRep:
    make a routine, wake up at the same time each day so your body gets used to it, drink loadsa coke, hehe, this seems to have the same effect as vodka and coke on me but most ppl find it keeps them awake, caffeine, chocolate, if ur gonna b doing all that hiking then it'll probs make you tired but make sure you have time to relax as well

Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: July 5, 2005

students online now

800,000+

Exam discussions

Find your exam discussion here

Poll
Should predicted grades be removed from the uni application process

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.