Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    Hi

Just wondering what everyone thought of the science papers for AQA Double Award. Which paper did you find most difficult? How much did you revise for each paper? Did you finish all of the papers?

I thought physics was the hardest paper, but I didn't revise for it as much as I should have. I hardly revised for biology either. And in answer to my last question, I didn't finish any of the papers!!!!!!!

Becky

ReputationRep:
    I did AQA Double-Award Science too; I thought they were all decent. My worst was Biology (which ironically is my strongest usually) and then I felt Physics was the second hardest, and Chemistry being the easiest... All in all they weren't too bad, and I did very little revision except for Chemistry and Physics, I done next to nothing in terms of revision for Biology. I finished Chemistry and Physics (only leaving 1 question out in Chemistry which was worth 4 marks). I did not finish Biology, and left out a hefty 10 or so marks. It should be ok though. *hopes* Good luck to everyone!

ReputationRep:
    Alot of people said they found Biology the easiest paper. I thought some of it was very easy and some of it was quite hard. One of the first questions I had was asking "Why isn't Starch found in the stomach?". I said something like "It ain't found in the stomach cause there is no amylase in the stomach". Is this correct????

ReputationRep:
    I did AQA double science award modular, i thought the papers were alright, hopefully i will do ok in science

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Becky68M)
    Alot of people said they found Biology the easiest paper. I thought some of it was very easy and some of it was quite hard. One of the first questions I had was asking "Why isn't Starch found in the stomach?". I said something like "It ain't found in the stomach cause there is no amylase in the stomach". Is this correct????
    Yeah that's right.

ReputationRep:
    well kinda, I would have said its because the Starch has already been broken down to glucose by amylase in the mouth

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by sokas)
    well kinda, I would have said its because the Starch has already been broken down to glucose by amylase in the mouth
    Even better! I can't remember what I wrote but I hope it's right.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Shamen)
    Yeah that's right.
    Doesnt the stomach only store protease? I think i remember an alkaline solution being released into the stomach so that protease can work at its best(?) It's been a long time.

ReputationRep:
    Yeah, that's right Markus; Protease is produced in the stomach, the pancreas and the small intestine... There are other digestive enzymes such as Lipase (breakdown of fats into Glycerol) and Carbohydrase (converts startch into simple sugars) but Lipase and Carbohydrase are not produced in the stomach.

ReputationRep:
    The papers were easy

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Shamen)
    Yeah, that's right Markus; Protease is produced in the stomach, the pancreas and the small intestine... There are other digestive enzymes such as Lipase (breakdown of fats into Glycerol) and Carbohydrase (converts startch into simple sugars) but Lipase and Carbohydrase are not produced in the stomach.
    wooo, so my revision did pay off, and im still remembering a month after the exam :eek: I just remember it as the ileum and the pancreas produce all 3 enzymes and bile to neutralise the acid and emulsify large insoluble fat molecules.

ReputationRep:
    I found Physics the hardest, but that wasn't a surprise for me, it is my worse subject. I was surprised however, to find the Biology paper easier than the Chemistry one, I'm generally better at Chemistry.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Melanie47)
    I found Physics the hardest, but that wasn't a surprise for me, it is my worse subject. I was surprised however, to find the Biology paper easier than the Chemistry one, I'm generally better at Chemistry.
    That's a weird combination of subjects you're taking; what sort of future are you persuing?

ReputationRep:
    I found the sciences pretty hard, which isn't surprising seeing as I didn't revise...Chemistry was the hardest, I did sooo bad on that! Physics, pretty bad, but surprisingly better than Chemistry! Biology...I revised a bit for that, but still don't think I did well...even thinking about it depresses me! I'm gonna retake 'em, I found them seriously hard even though I'm normally ok with science.

students online now

800,000+

Exam discussions

Find your exam discussion here

Poll
Should predicted grades be removed from the uni application process
Useful resources

Study tools

Rosette

Essay expert

Learn to write like a pro with our ultimate essay guide.

Thinking about uni already?

Thinking about uni already?

See where you can apply with our uni match tool

Student chat

Ask a question

Chat to other GCSE students and get your study questions answered.

Creating

Make study resources

Create all the resources you need to get the grades.

Planner

Create your own Study Plan

Organise all your homework and exams so you never miss another deadline.

Resources by subject

From flashcards to mind maps; there's everything you need for all of your GCSE subjects.

Papers

Find past papers

100s of GCSE past papers for all your subjects at your fingertips.

Help out other students

Can you help? Study help unanswered threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.