Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    Well I'm hoping to have £1200 saved up but thats going to go straight away on fees. This is my second degree. My parents paid for the first fees but im paying them this time.

ReputationRep:
    Should have about £1000 saved up from my sat job which i had for about 18 months (till it shut in March), plus £2/3 k of student loan, £100 HE Grant and help more parents should more than cover it. Im also looking for a p/t/temp job at the moment, but what i get from that will get spent on current consumption.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by sarah1987)
    Wow - £700 saved!! I haven't saved a penny, and my mum won't be able to give me money. I figured that loan + grant + overdraft + part time job would see me through. Can you not do some practise in your parent's car? Would save money and help you get enough practise in time to pass your test.

I know what you mean about work, I work at Morrisons and we are quite overstaffed at the moment, so I'm not allowed to increase my hours from my 12.5 a week that fitted into going to school. I only wanted a couple more hours here and there but no luck. I'm considering finding a new job! Anyway, any money I do save will go on having fun at Leeds fest!
    Thats exactly my problem! I work for waitrose and they have just hired a load of temporary staff that are back from uni so leaving no overtime for the ones who have been working there several years :mad: I have to get a second job now, trouble is finding one as everyone else going to uni/inbetween uni years have taken all the jobs so there's none left!

ReputationRep:
    ive got about £500 ive got saved from random money that i didnt spend. Trying to find a job but is proving more difficult than anticipated.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Alchemy)
    ive got about £500 ive got saved from random money that i didnt spend. Trying to find a job but is proving more difficult than anticipated.
    Tell me about it - no jobs are available at the moment or no one is interested. What's worst, though, is that I have absolutely nothing saved for Uni. I'm really not prepared.

ReputationRep:
    I've got about £650 of random savings and that's it. It's hard to get a job in a rural area when public transport is so damn expensive as well, so it doesn't look like that amount will be increasing much, if at all.

ReputationRep:
    hardly anything just bought a car! *woops*

ReputationRep:
    The student loan will cover the years accom and thats about it I don't think i am going to get a grant, and I have only just got a part time job and all the money from that is probably going to go towards getting a ocmputer for uni. Don't have much in the bank, so its going to be tricky, hope people understand I'm not being boring when I can never afford to go anywhere or do anything

Poll
Black Friday: Yay or Nay?
Useful resources
Uni match

Applying to uni?

Our tool will help you find the perfect course

Articles:

Debate and current affairs guidelinesDebate and current affairs wiki

Quick link:

Educational debate unanswered threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.