Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    Is it possible to now defer a 2005 University place to 2006?

Y'know, theoretically...

Thanks much,
    D xxx
    • PS Reviewer

ReputationRep:
    PS Reviewer
    Yes.

ReputationRep:
    And the deadline for doing so, presumably, is Aug 18th?

(Thanks, btw... short n sweet )

D xxx
    • PS Reviewer

ReputationRep:
    PS Reviewer
    I think so, yes. I know PQ has said somewhere when the deadline is, and she knows *wanders off to look*

EDIT: Will this do?

ReputationRep:
    You'd need to persude your university.

And I'm not sure, but I have a feeling that if you don't want to pay top up fees, you have to sort it out before August 1st.

ReputationRep:
    you can defer any time, at the discretion of the university. My friend deferred last year a week before she was meant to move in :rolleyes:

however, frances is right i think - if you don't want to pay top up fees you have to defer before a certain date in august. have a look on the ucas website maybe?

If you ring the admissions officers now you should be fine.

ReputationRep:
    Thanks everyone.

Great - so before August the 1st it is then.

Bags of time to decide one's future. *sarcasm*

Thanks again,
    D xxx

ReputationRep:
    I have a sort of related question, if you have a deferred entry but you miss the grades to get in, then do you lose your place? or do you have a year for you to get those grades ie with resits etc? I was just wondering! Thanks
    • PS Reviewer

ReputationRep:
    PS Reviewer
    (Original post by sokas)
    I have a sort of related question, if you have a deferred entry but you miss the grades to get in, then do you lose your place? or do you have a year for you to get those grades ie with resits etc? I was just wondering! Thanks
    PQ has something to say about that too:

(Original post by PQ)
    If you defer entry you have to fulfil the conditions of your offer by 31st August 2005.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by sokas)
    it's the same as it would be if you were going straight away (if that makes sense.)

ie, if you miss the grades, you phone up and plead down the phone for a bit and if they want to they can still let you in. otherwise you go to your insurance, or will have to reapply.

but being deferred doesn't mean you're automatically rejected. depending on teh course/university you will still be considered. they just take longer to decide as they do immediate start students first. (as i discovered in august...what a horrific 24 hours!)

ReputationRep:
    I've not got a deferred entry but I was thinking it could be better if you have a year to make the grades! I'm already thinking about my plee to the uni to accept me with lower grades!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by sokas)
    I've not got a deferred entry but I was thinking it could be better if you have a year to make the grades! I'm already thinking about my plee to the uni to accept me with lower grades!
    Hmm, seeing as it's Oxford, you'll have to have a damn good one!

It is still possible to defer your entry, but they don't HAVE to let you do it, so be aware of that.

Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: July 4, 2005

students online now

800,000+

Exam discussions

Find your exam discussion here

Poll
Should predicted grades be removed from the uni application process
Useful resources
Uni match

Applying to uni?

Our tool will help you find the perfect course

Articles:

Debate and current affairs guidelinesDebate and current affairs wiki

Quick link:

Educational debate unanswered threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.