Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    Hey anybody here do A levels and find a method of studying that works best for them?

Can you please post your experiences or methods, maybe this would be of some use to ther people who wish to have a study method?

-Amy
    :tsr: :tsr: :tsr: :tsr: :tsr: :tsr: :tsr: :tsr: :tsr: :tsr: :tsr:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by amysgrave)
    Hey anybody here do A levels and find a method of studying that works best for them?

Can you please post your experiences or methods, maybe this would be of some use to ther people who wish to have a study method?

-Amy
    for the sciences, (maths and phys), i read the text book, and did some questions from books, and past papers - without referring to the markscheme of course...and then comparing my solutions/descriptions with the MS...

...for geography, i just made shiit loads of notes from the text book, and the actual note-taking i found, was revision in itself

pk

ReputationRep:
    That's cool, wish i was doing A level Geog!!

Anybody doing either RS, English Language, Business Studies, Art? What's the best way to revise for those subjects?

-Amy

ReputationRep:
    I would read the class notes and textbooks. In addition, get some past papers and practice them, as the questions are quite similar year to year. Get some mark schemes too to check your answers, and know how you should answer them if the same question comes up again, and know how they are marked along with how the marks are allocated.

ReputationRep:
    For maths and physics, I made load of notes (I used 2 A4 lined booklet for A2 revision for just the 2 subjects) from a text book in my own words. And then practised with past papers, and any other relevant source available. Its really hard going, but I found it to be the only way to learn when I needed.
    For my art'y subjects, I mostly did passive reading. I found it pointless writting notes for essay type subjects, its no unproductive.
    I got AABC at AS level using this technique(A2 grades TBA). So I guess it worked well.

ReputationRep:
    cool beans

ReputationRep:

-Amy
    Well in AS i just read notes and that seemed to work as well as doing past papersand other questions, but this year, particularly in chemistry i found my self making reef apon reef of notes cos i had two year to learn and remember, and for maths and f maths i went through my notes and did nearly every question on them as well as a load of past papers and so on.

I also found listening to classical music really helps, classic fm 7-9 smooth classics at 7, that helped also i found i could really concentrate arounf 11 to 1 but i think this is because everyone had gone to bed so it was quiet.
    Plus if you actually go some where to revise like college or the local library you do alot more work than sitting at home with so many distractions, tv, computer etc

ReputationRep:
    That's cool, wish i was doing A level Geog!!

Anybody doing either RS, English Language, Business Studies, Art? What's the best way to revise for those subjects?

-Amy
    its crap...trust me - i dont think you would have enjoyed it! :rolleyes: - its common sense, and boring

ReputationRep:
    Oh look, here we find Phil spouting off about how 'crap' geography is...again. :rolleyes:

ReputationRep:
    i spent the whole year collaborating all my notes into spider diagrams- it really worked for me

ReputationRep:
    For the sciences, underline all the essentila words and sentences in you textbooks. Oh and photographic memory helps. Unfortunately i do not have the latter.

ReputationRep:
    Cool :cool: Any tips on english lang, business, rs?

students online now

800,000+

Exam discussions

Find your exam discussion here

Poll
Should predicted grades be removed from the uni application process
Help with your A-levels

All the essentials

The adventure begins mug

Student life: what to expect

What it's really like going to uni

Rosette

Essay expert

Learn to write like a pro with our ultimate essay guide.

Uni match

Uni match

Our tool will help you find the perfect course for you

Study planner

Create a study plan

Get your head around what you need to do and when with the study planner tool.

Study planner

Resources by subject

Everything from mind maps to class notes.

Hands typing

Degrees without fees

Discover more about degree-level apprenticeships.

A student doing homework

Study tips from A* students

Students who got top grades in their A-levels share their secrets

Study help links and info

Can you help? Study help unanswered threadsRules and posting guidelines

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.