Turn on thread page Beta

Bush offers to remove agricultural subsidies watch

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by peacenik)
    you continue to fail to acknowledge that the causes of poverty are as varied as the effects of it. Do you really believe the positions african countries find themselves in is nothing to do with unfair trade which ensures that when the try to stand on their own to feet they are almost certain to fail.
    Do you realize that a vast majority of trade in the world is intraregional? And that the amount of tariffs placed by African countries against African countries is considerably higher than the amount of tariffs placed by Western countries on African ones? The economic gains from having free trade within Africa far outweighs those from trade between Africa and the West.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by peacenik)
    you continue to fail to acknowledge that the causes of poverty are as varied as the effects of it. Do you really believe the positions african countries find themselves in is nothing to do with unfair trade which ensures that when the try to stand on their own to feet they are almost certain to fail.

your seeming to suggest that if the parts of africa that were colonised by britain had remained under our control there would be no problems?! thats complete bullsh*t. apart from the fact colonisation is a dispiccable practice it has no place in the modern world and is so outdated.
    almost as outdated as continuing to blame the west for africa's problems.

however...the facts do speak for themselves. did you go and read up about the countries pre and post colonisation? interesting reading for all. i didnt say there would be no problems, but i did suggest they would have been in a better position today had it been stuck to.

frankly, im more interested in reducing poverty here in the UK. perhaps some more funding for schools or hospitals. maybe even a decent train network. sorry, but thats what im interested in. my life and the lives of the people i know. i just hope more of the people brainwashed into blaming themselves for every problem in the world wake up and do the same.

ReputationRep:
    China, dude.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by technik)
    almost as outdated as continuing to blame the west for africa's problems.

however...the facts do speak for themselves. did you go and read up about the countries pre and post colonisation? interesting reading for all. i didnt say there would be no problems, but i did suggest they would have been in a better position today had it been stuck to.

frankly, im more interested in reducing poverty here in the UK. perhaps some more funding for schools or hospitals. maybe even a decent train network. sorry, but thats what im interested in. my life and the lives of the people i know. i just hope more of the people brainwashed into blaming themselves for every problem in the world wake up and do the same.
    thats very selfish!

students online now

800,000+

Exam discussions

Find your exam discussion here

Poll
Should predicted grades be removed from the uni application process
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.