The Student Room Group
Dental Students, University of Central Lancashire
University of Central Lancashire
Preston
Visit website

Bellvue Houses

Scroll to see replies

Hi Molly,
In response to your post, we feel it only fair to share all the facts of this situation. You lived in a 7 bedroomed property with your friend and 4 other students. We had numerous complaints from the other housemates (and their parents) about certain behaviours as you know. After being provided with photographic evidence we had no choice but to move the other 4 students to another properties. Please understand that as responsible landlords we must act upon such information as soon as it is received.
Regards
Bellvue
Dental Students, University of Central Lancashire
University of Central Lancashire
Preston
Visit website
Hi Samantha - as you know things have been resolved since this time. We apologiise for all the inconvenience and may we point out that we did offer to move you as part of our duty of care. We wish you all the best for the future,
Regards
Bellvue

Original post by samanthaleigh94
Avoid at all costs.

Houses are NOTHING like pictured, you view a good sized, well maintained show house, and then are pressured into signing before viewing the house you'll even be living in you then move into a tiny, poorly kept version of what you thought you was getting with lots of hidden 'summer retainment' fees before you have even got in the door. Landlord will do absolutely NOTHING for you. I had a problem with my neighbour, where she was purposely crashing her car into mine and received no help from Bellvue what so ever.

My housemates dropped out and Bellvue replaced them. I am a 22 year old female, they placed them with 2 male international students from Jordan who spoke very little English. Within 2 weeks of them being there they threw out all my food, from the fridge, freezer, cupboards - everything. They did this multiple times, they threw away all my bathroom stuff and all my coats and shoes that was under the stairs. It got to a point where i couldn't bring food in, couldn't cook in the house, and couldn't use the bathroom. Culture difference proved a massive issue with the lads making comments like "in my culture women don't get opinions" and "where i come from a women would never raise her a voice to a man". I felt unsafe in my own home.

Bellevue did nothing. I told them on 3 separate occasions over a 8 week period, and all i was offered was that he would "talk to the boys" and eventually for me to move out. This started in September, by Christmas I couldn't stay in a house like that with no help from Daniel the landlord and so i moved home. They are now taking me to court to say i have to pay the January and May rents.

Avoid Bellevue, the houses are expensive and of very poor quality, the company as a whole offers very little support for students and Daniel should be ashamed with the way he treats students,away from home often in a new city that he should be showing a duty of care to.
Hi Gill, In response to your post, we have strict guidelines as set out in our contract, and always try to act in a professional manner. We can only help a situation if we are fully informed of all the details. Everything is quite clearly stated in the contract; any further discussion would have always reverted to the contract that was signed by both parties. Therefore, there are no reasons for any untruths to be spoken by any of us.
Regards
Bellvue

Original post by Gill Hughson
I am so sorry to read this, they really don't care. My daughter became ill through issues she was having with them and Daniel really doesn't care. We had mediation and he lied practically all the way through it so we are now being taken to court too.
Just gather all your evidence and try not to worry.
We offered a reasonable solution but he refused so we have to go down the court route too :/
Hope it works out OK for you. He really is a disgrace. You should have been moved straight out of there - it is unacceptable x
We fully understand and have respected everything in your contract.
I cannot go into details about particular lies with you not accepting my daughter's offer during mediation as we obviously present our evidence in court as far as I can tell.
The issue wasn't the contract, my daughter has several people known personally to her who were in the same situation and released from their contracts without any payments and charges.
It is this different treatment of different people that brought the 'strict guidelines' into question with us.
You still insisted during mediation that no-one is ever released from a contract without finding a replacement tenant but this was not true.
We do have proof of this and all we wanted was for you to admit this and explain why.
We were willing to settle with you which is all my daughter has ever wanted to do - and tried to do.
Unfortunately you have no recollection of the weekly phone calls she made with you trying to work out a solution and updating you on everything she was doing to help find a solution. I suppose I cannot say for sure that is an untruth, maybe you have forgotten all the phone calls?
I just found it interesting that other people who have dealt with your company bring to light lies that Daniel has been involved in.
I find this quite disheartening to be the conduct of a professional individual.
I might even consider that these other people have been telling untruths to blacken his name had we not experienced it too.
May I add the other staff dealt with were pleasant and reasonable to deal with - it is only Daniel who appears to tell untruths and 'forget' things.
We genuinely wanted to find an amicable solution and tried our best during mediation even making a reasonable offer to pay back a term's rent that other people have been excused from in the exact same position.
Unfortunately this was declined.
I understand you have procedures and would find it so much easier to respect them fully if they were universal and consistent regardless, we have done everything we were asked to and luckily the majority is documented.
I guess we all have to do what we believe is right :smile:
Hey ho, onward and upwards.
Hi Gill,
We are truly sorry that things have escalated to this stage; it is not something that we wish for our tenants. As you may realise due to data protection we cannot divulge details of other people's situations. Hopefully a mutual conclusion will be reached,
Regards
Bellvue

Original post by Gill Hughson
We fully understand and have respected everything in your contract.
I cannot go into details about particular lies with you not accepting my daughter's offer during mediation as we obviously present our evidence in court as far as I can tell.
The issue wasn't the contract, my daughter has several people known personally to her who were in the same situation and released from their contracts without any payments and charges.
It is this different treatment of different people that brought the 'strict guidelines' into question with us.
You still insisted during mediation that no-one is ever released from a contract without finding a replacement tenant but this was not true.
We do have proof of this and all we wanted was for you to admit this and explain why.
We were willing to settle with you which is all my daughter has ever wanted to do - and tried to do.
Unfortunately you have no recollection of the weekly phone calls she made with you trying to work out a solution and updating you on everything she was doing to help find a solution. I suppose I cannot say for sure that is an untruth, maybe you have forgotten all the phone calls?
I just found it interesting that other people who have dealt with your company bring to light lies that Daniel has been involved in.
I find this quite disheartening to be the conduct of a professional individual.
I might even consider that these other people have been telling untruths to blacken his name had we not experienced it too.
May I add the other staff dealt with were pleasant and reasonable to deal with - it is only Daniel who appears to tell untruths and 'forget' things.
We genuinely wanted to find an amicable solution and tried our best during mediation even making a reasonable offer to pay back a term's rent that other people have been excused from in the exact same position.
Unfortunately this was declined.
I understand you have procedures and would find it so much easier to respect them fully if they were universal and consistent regardless, we have done everything we were asked to and luckily the majority is documented.
I guess we all have to do what we believe is right :smile:
Hey ho, onward and upwards.
Original post by Bellvuestudents1
Hi Gill,
We are truly sorry that things have escalated to this stage; it is not something that we wish for our tenants. As you may realise due to data protection we cannot divulge details of other people's situations. Hopefully a mutual conclusion will be reached,
Regards
Bellvue

I totally respect that you cannot discuss other students and would never expect you to breach that trust. I am genuinely not asking you to.
I was just wanting you to acknowledge and explain why some people are released without any charge and my daughter wasn't (She even actively tried harder than any of the others as she wanted to be as responsible as possible).
We already know the individuals after my daughter asked for people to come forward if they had been in this situation - they made themselves known to her personally but we still understand that you cannot take our word for it - neither should you mention any of them by name. Data protection is very important and I respect that.
We did try and reach mutual conclusion as I've mentioned but our offer was declined so I assume the only way is now court.
We were offered a solution by you but the mediator told us if we agreed and then couldn't make payments that it would mean serious trouble.
My daughter is very ill because of this situation and was begging me to accept your offer because she cannot cope with all the stress. However it was a figure she cannot even begin to get together so it was irresponsible to promise something she cannot pay back.
We cannot afford to help her either or I would in a heartbeat. As a mother it is heartbreaking to see your child suffering so much when other people in the same situation have not been brought down this route.
I would have loved nothing more than a solution but sadly it was your right to refuse her offer and take it all the way to court.
I just dread having to go through this twice more when she is presented with the bills for the next 2 terms as per contract (when other people have been releasedwith no further action).
So yes, a mutual agreement would have been fantastic but that wasn't to be.
I know people who have rented from them, haven't had any problems and the houses were pretty good.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending