Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    Go for German. It's a language, which means it's respected. Geography and Chemistry are core academic subjects which means that they also, are highly respected and will look better when applying for Unis. They are also slightly harder, but this is why the more respected. I am sure Music is very hard, but it still isn't an 'academic' subject, so take Music as your leeway, if you will. That means you've got 2 academics and 1 non-academic. If you choose Media Studies, which by all accounts is a piss-easy mickey mouse subject, then you'll have 2 of each. Don't take Media Studies. Not if you believe you can do better. Take German; you enjoy it, it's respected, and you already have one non-academic subject.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Shamen)
    I must ask, what are your future plans, academia wise? It strikes me as odd that you would choose Chemistry in combination with Geography, Music and German/Media Studies.
    thnx for the above reply!
    i really have no idea for my future plans, ive decided to do these because
    music=grade 5 flute & grade3 piano
    geog=im really good at it
    chem really good at that too
    (geog and chen go together, i had advice on that)
    media=i have no idea
    germ= i like the language...and as i said before

so really i have no idea! :confused:

ReputationRep:
    I do! Pick GERMAN. I, personally, did German 3 years ago, and hated it to the core. But just read over what you've written. Yes, Geography and Chemistry do together, they're firms, right? German - you like it, enjoy it, and are good at it. Then look at the reasons you've given for MS - "No idea". Isn't it staring you in the face? :p: When do you have to decide by? Good Luck anyway.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by kellywood_5)
    Definitely go for German, although I'm biased because I did media studies at GCSE and absolutely hated it, plus I love languages German is much more respected than media studies by universities and employers and will give you a lot more opportunities.

why did you hate it???
    what did oyu have to do???
    (dont worry about the exam board)

ReputationRep:
    WHY NOT DO ALL 200 A-LEVELS THAT WAY U CAN BE SURE U WONT BE MISSING OUT ON SOMETHING OR DENYING YOURSELF FUTURE OPPORTUNITIES QUITE FRANKLY U SHOULD HAVE WORKED THIS OUT YOURSELF=NO PAIN, NO GAIN

ReputationRep:
    Wow neutron big enough font there!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by zhivago)
    I do! Pick GERMAN. I, personally, did German 3 years ago, and hated it to the core. But just read over what you've written. Yes, Geography and Chemistry do together, they're firms, right? German - you like it, enjoy it, and are good at it. Then look at the reasons you've given for MS - "No idea". Isn't it staring you in the face? :p: When do you have to decide by? Good Luck anyway.

we have our college enrollment the last week of august so when we go there that week we have to give our final decisions.

i think im leaning towards german more and more.

yesterday i was having rehersals back at school and ended up sitting in a german lesson (long story) and it was just like...wow... i remember all this and it makes sense. even though i wasnt being taught it was actually quite fun!!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by neutron)
    WHY NOT DO ALL 200 A-LEVELS THAT WAY U CAN BE SURE U WONT BE MISSING OUT ON SOMETHING OR DENYING YOURSELF FUTURE OPPORTUNITIES QUITE FRANKLY U SHOULD HAVE WORKED THIS OUT YOURSELF=NO PAIN, NO GAIN

i dont think i would ever be able to sleep again doing that!!! it would be fun to try and do them all though!! lol

ReputationRep:
    German is a far more respected A level as i previously said and if you enjoy it definatly take it!

ReputationRep:
    YOU SHOULD NOT ONLY BE LEANING TOWARDS GERMAN U SHOULD BE GRASPING THE SUBJECT WITH BOTH HANDS IN FACT U SHOULD BE GRASPING ALL SUBJECTS WITH BOTH HANDS AS ALL ARE ABSOLUTWLY ESSENTIAL DO NOT HEED THE ADVICE OF THOSE WHO TELL YOU THAT YOU SHOULD ONLY DO 20 GCSES OR ONLY 13 A LEVELS-200 IS THE BARE AND ABSOLUTE MINIMUM AND I SHOULD KNJOW OK! STEADY ON OLD BOY

ReputationRep:
    YOU SHOULD NOT ONLY BE LEANING TOWARDS GERMAN U SHOULD BE GRASPING THE SUBJECT WITH BOTH HANDS IN FACT U SHOULD BE GRASPING ALL SUBJECTS WITH BOTH HANDS AS ALL ARE ABSOLUTWLY ESSENTIAL DO NOT HEED THE ADVICE OF THOSE WHO TELL YOU THAT YOU SHOULD ONLY DO 20 GCSES OR ONLY 13 A LEVELS-200 IS THE BARE AND ABSOLUTE MINIMUM AND I SHOULD KNJOW OK! STEADY ON OLD BOY

lol!

ReputationRep:
    Woah steady on the big font it hurts the eyes. Are there really 200 A levels i thought there were many less!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by hedwig)
    lol!
    MY INTENTION IN POSTING THAT SENSIBLE MESSAGE WAS NOT TO CAUSE LAUGHTER FROM THOSE WHO THINK THEY ARE ABOVE THE RULE OF COMMON SENSE-THE FACT THAT ONE SHOULD DO NOTHING BUT WORK WORK WORK WORK WORK WORK WORK WORK WORK WORK WORK

ReputationRep:
    MY INTENTION IN POSTING THAT SENSIBLE MESSAGE WAS NOT TO CAUSE LAUGHTER FROM THOSE WHO THINK THEY ARE ABOVE THE RULE OF COMMON SENSE-THE FACT THAT ONE SHOULD DO NOTHING BUT WORK WORK WORK WORK WORK WORK WORK WORK WORK WORK WORK
    Out of interest how many GCSEs or Alevels are you doing or have you done?

ReputationRep:
    I SHALL DISREGARD THAT SNIDE COMMENT

ReputationRep:
    That wasnts a snide comment it was actually serious! Also thanks for toning the font down

ReputationRep:

do you love work???
    you remind me of sklavinarbeit!! (german word there see!)

ReputationRep:
    WORK IS MY RAISON D'ETRE; IT DESTROYS MY HEART AND SOUL TO THINK I AM NOT WORKING NOW BUT I SHALL BE RETURNING TO MY BELOVED QUITE SOON

ReputationRep:
    Well i hope you do well in all of your exams neutron as it looks like you deserve too!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Nutchopper)
    Well i hope you do well in all of your exams neutron as it looks like you deserve too!
    ILL ASSUME THAT WAS ANOTHER SNIDE COMMENT. DONT BE SO RUDE FOR GOODNESS SAKE

students online now

800,000+

Exam discussions

Find your exam discussion here

Poll
Should universities take a stronger line on drugs?
Useful resources

Study tools

Rosette

Essay expert

Learn to write like a pro with our ultimate essay guide.

Thinking about uni already?

Thinking about uni already?

See where you can apply with our uni match tool

Student chat

Ask a question

Chat to other GCSE students and get your study questions answered.

Creating

Make study resources

Create all the resources you need to get the grades.

Planner

Create your own Study Plan

Organise all your homework and exams so you never miss another deadline.

Resources by subject

From flashcards to mind maps; there's everything you need for all of your GCSE subjects.

Papers

Find past papers

100s of GCSE past papers for all your subjects at your fingertips.

Help out other students

Can you help? Study help unanswered threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.