ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Shamen)
    Would think? We already do think you've gone crazy! :rofl:
    Not as crazy as you though sunshine :eviltongu:

ReputationRep:
    Not as crazy as you though sunshine
    so true :juggle:

ReputationRep:
    I would say keep Media. Languages are very very difficult at A level and nothing like GCSE.. Media is less of a step up.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by HearTheThunder)
    I would say keep Media. Languages are very very difficult at A level
    For some, not all. Depends on what skills your brain is better adapted to.

ReputationRep:
    I personally am quite good at languages i was predicted a B for spanish and according to my teacher am easily going to achevie an A*, however as markus says it depends on your brain!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Nutchopper)
    I personally am quite good at languages i was predicted a B for spanish and according to my teacher am easily going to achevie an A*, however as markus says it depends on your brain!
    Ja, some peopel can pick up foreign words/phrases real easy whereas some people need to put a lot of effort into learning them and remembering them, likewise with maths, some people remember methods really easyily and put thme into practise whereas others find it harder.

ReputationRep:
    Ja, some peopel can pick up foreign words/phrases real easy whereas some people need to put a lot of effort into learning them and remembering them, likewise with maths, some people remember methods really easyily and put thme into practise whereas others find it harder.
    Yeh i would do it for A level but i have no option blocks left!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Markus)
    Yeah but I got a really high A in GCSE French (should've really been A* but I wrote the English section in French ) and I found AS level French sooo difficult...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by hedwig)
    why did you hate it???
    what did oyu have to do???
    (dont worry about the exam board)
    I just found it really boring, and even though everyone says it's a 'mickey mouse' subject, I wasn't very good at it either We had to write an essay on the differences between tabloid and broadsheet newspapers, another on the representation of ethnic groups in police dramas and produce our own magazine on the computer for coursework. Then we had 2 exams, one on advertising and one on film. For each, we leant case studies in class that we could refer to in the exam, and the exams were essay-based (2 30-mark questions).

ReputationRep:
    Yeah but I got a really high A in GCSE French (should've really been A* but I wrote the English section in French ) and I found AS level French sooo difficult...
    You did it a year early though I'm sure you did better than you think, and if not, there's always next year. I sympathise about what you did in the exam; I kept answering in the wrong language in practices, but luckily didn't in the real exams.

ReputationRep:
    xD it happens to the best of us

ReputationRep:
    xD it happens to the best of us
    The moment of realisation was horrible :rofl:

ReputationRep:
    Lo li did it in my mock but thankfully i dont think i did it in my real exam

ReputationRep:
    I didn't do German to A Level and I really regret it and I reckon a lot of ppl regret not keeping up a language. You could even do it to AS just to have and it's probably better to have than Media

ReputationRep:
    Lo li did it in my mock but thankfully i dont think i did it in my real exam
    Dito! I always wrote the English section in Spanish in class practices.

ReputationRep:
    Dito! I always wrote the English section in Spanish in class practices.
    Yep me too, but under exam conditions i actually READ the paper and did it properly!

ReputationRep:
    The moment of realisation was horrible :rofl:
    Lol classic mistakes, and we always think it wont happen to us huh. So did you get your paper back then? Dont you have to apply to the board to get it sent to you or what, i just thought they locked your papers in a dusty cabinet and forgot abotu them...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Markus)
    Lol classic mistakes, and we always think it wont happen to us huh. So did you get your paper back then? Dont you have to apply to the board to get it sent to you or what, i just thought they locked your papers in a dusty cabinet and forgot abotu them...
    Oh no after the exam we went back to our ICT lesson, I sat down and.. oh crap...crapcrapcrapcrap!!11 *opens windows calculator* ok I could have lost erm a maximum of X marks ok thats 5% of the marks errr right etc etc :rofl:

ReputationRep:
    Oh no after the exam we went back to our ICT lesson, I sat down and.. oh crap...crapcrapcrapcrap!!11 *opens windows calculator* ok I could have lost erm a maximum of X marks ok thats 5% of the marks errr right etc etc
    Least it was only a small part of the exam!

ReputationRep:
    Oh no after the exam we went back to our ICT lesson, I sat down and.. oh crap...crapcrapcrapcrap!!11 *opens windows calculator* ok I could have lost erm a maximum of X marks ok thats 5% of the marks errr right etc etc :rofl:
    ..lol you should never speak/think about exam afterwards. After the maths modules that was a little difficult as we had to go straight to normal classes after. People were talknig about answers that i hadnt put, got really worried, turned out i got 95% :beer:

students online now

800,000+

Exam discussions

Find your exam discussion here

Poll
Should predicted grades be removed from the uni application process
Useful resources

Study tools

Rosette

Essay expert

Learn to write like a pro with our ultimate essay guide.

Thinking about uni already?

Thinking about uni already?

See where you can apply with our uni match tool

Student chat

Ask a question

Chat to other GCSE students and get your study questions answered.

Creating

Make study resources

Create all the resources you need to get the grades.

Planner

Create your own Study Plan

Organise all your homework and exams so you never miss another deadline.

Resources by subject

From flashcards to mind maps; there's everything you need for all of your GCSE subjects.

Papers

Find past papers

100s of GCSE past papers for all your subjects at your fingertips.

Help out other students

Can you help? Study help unanswered threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.