Turn on thread page Beta

I am not a lesbian! watch

ReputationRep:
    Why do people always associate short hair and Dr Martens with lesbians? It is really pissing me off. I am perfectly and definately straight and although i haven't for ages i like wearing my Docs and i like my hair short. It is a very negative stereotype and probably the worst one around at the moment, i've even had my boyf telling me i look like a lesbian.

ReputationRep:
    well i may be sheltered, cos i've never heard that stereotype.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Ant93)
    Why do people always associate short hair and Dr Martens with lesbians? It is really pissing me off. I am perfectly and definately straight and although i haven't for ages i like wearing my Docs and i like my hair short. It is a very negative stereotype and probably the worst one around at the moment, i've even had my boyf telling me i look like a lesbian.
    :rofl:

sorry.

ReputationRep:
    what's wrong with looking like a lezzer?

ReputationRep:
    that must be annoying! I've heard that sterotype. also that they all smoke roll ups. None of the lesbians I know do any of those things though!

ReputationRep:
    is there a problem with looking like a lesbian?

ReputationRep:
    is there a problem with looking like a lesbian?
    I wouldn't expect so but it must be pretty irritating if girls try to chat you up, people make comments or blokes don't see you as a potential gf!!

ReputationRep:
    well you should be a lesbian. They're the best.

ReputationRep:
    For all those who asked, there is probably nothing wrong with looking like a lesbian because personally i don't think i do. Its when people tell me i do or when people presume that i am that it annoys me.

ReputationRep:
    i don't think i do yet i've had girls hit on me in clubs.. but i geuss thats in clubs..

i also had a load of chavs once call me one for some reason...

not sure why

my mate has dm's no one calls her a lesbian.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Ant93)
    For all those who asked, there is probably nothing wrong with looking like a lesbian because personally i don't think i do. Its when people tell me i do or when people presume that i am that it annoys me.
    have you been with a girl before?

ReputationRep:
    No, never don't really intend to. The shock some people are in when i mention i have a boyfriend is irritating but sometimes laughable.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Ant93)
    No, never don't really intend to. The shock some people are in when i mention i have a boyfriend is irritating but sometimes laughable.
    why not post a pic so we could see what all the fuss is about?

you must be hugely attractive to the lesbians for them to keep saying you are one of them

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ramroff)

you must be hugely attractive to the lesbians for them to keep saying you are one of them
    shes sup to be chuffed about THAT?!

lol

ReputationRep:

No lesbians have told me i look like them cos as far as i know i don't know any lesbians its just other people telling me i look like a lesbian.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Ant93)
    No lesbians have told me i look like them cos as far as i know i don't know any lesbians its just other people telling me i look like a lesbian.
    do u have a pic? post it and lets judge

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Ant93)
    you may be admired from a far....

or people just seem to want you in the stereo type....

ReputationRep:
    do u have a pic? post it and lets judge
    yes this is a cam ***** oppurtunity.. never pas it up... i don't!

ReputationRep:
    maybe you just need to try and where other girly things too as well as dm's? :confused:
    How can people not know of this [not nice] stereotype?

ReputationRep:
    Ant93 do you have a deep voice or anything?

students online now

800,000+

Exam discussions

Find your exam discussion here

Poll
Should predicted grades be removed from the uni application process
Useful resources
AtCTs

Ask the Community Team

Got a question about the site content or our moderation? Ask here.

Welcome Lounge

Welcome Lounge

We're a friendly bunch. Post here if you're new to TSR.

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.