The Student Room Group
depends.. could be the retai laspect, or could be in the warehouse, whatever they need you for
Reply 2
hey, i work at argos, they'd have you working in the back at the start possibly doing deliveries, putting stock away, or they might have you workin in the back collectin customer's orders and then train u on tills etc.
Reply 3
hey, i work at argos
I'd like to apply for argos too - is it easy to get a job there?
Reply 4
Whats the pay like at argos? im thinkin of maybe gettin me a job there. Wud they employ a 16 year old dyu think??
Reply 5
Hey, hope this helps as I work there.

The pay when I was 16 was 4.01/hour then it went up to 4.40 when I turned 17 and now it's gone up again to 4.54/hour. The pay on a Sunday is time and half. Pay on bank holidays is double, for me anyway.

It's a very fast paced environment to work in so you really want to be ready for that. I've been there a year now and almost all the staff I worked with a year ago are gone now.

Job wise, if you're going for an ordinary Customer Advisor position would include a few different jobs. Working on the collection desks, the tills, the stock room are the usual three you'll probably start with. As time goes by they might train you on Customer Services.

If you are going to apply, take it from me, it isn't a lay back all day job at all. If you have a point where there's nothing to do then your team leaders will probably find something for you to do. Especially at the christmas time, even with loads of temp staff on it's still manic. Also you've got to have patience with the job because some people... Yeah.

Hope that's alright?
Reply 6
thanks for this information so far... how much is the pay?
Reply 7
It's alright.

Just said. When I started it was 4.01/hour and then time and half on a Sunday. So, Monday - Saturday it's 4.01/hour and on Sunday it's 6.02 or something. But that's what it was when I started, I believe it's gone up since then.

By the way those are the pay figures for 16 years old. It goes up when you turn 17 and then up again when you turn 18. I think it also goes up in each April too?
Reply 8
ok just got youre info Lee K.. thanks

well ive just given my CV today, when would they reply
you see its just gonna be me 1st ever job
Reply 9
allright just read ure second post.. cool.. but where u from?
Reply 10
Dunno bud.

I sent my letter in this time last year and they set me on by the end of July. But most temps got set on for the christmas period, around end September/October.

Apparently a fair few of the stores have shortages latley so I'm guessing it wouldn't be too long?
Reply 11
From Staffordshire.
Reply 12
wow!!!!!!

im froms stoke too!!!!

what area
Reply 13
Stoke Stoke. I dunno the main one? lol.

Which store did you apply to? Hanley or Longton?
Reply 14
lol u dotn know where u live.. the there is a town called stoke within stoke on trent lol.. so youre working in the stoke argos?
Reply 15
Yeah that's the one, lol :biggrin:.
Reply 16
did u give in ur CV from an ad? Or did u just walk in and randomly give it in and pray? Im not sure how i wud apply.?!?!?
Reply 17
Just sent a letter in saying I'm after a job for when I start college and they sent me an app form back to my house which I just sent back to the manager. They phoned me a few weeks later asking me for an interview.
Reply 18
i just walked in and gave in my CV randonmly.. lets see what happens

Latest

Trending

Trending