Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    I resently got a girls number that I've been after for a while. Now its been a few days so I'm thinking of giving her a bell, but I have no idea what to say to her. I really like her, and I don't want to ruin the friendship I have with her at the moment by saying something stupid.

So what should I say to her?

ReputationRep:
    just text her and say hello...there's less pressure on her and you then

ReputationRep:
    I know for a fact that she has no credit

ReputationRep:
    Ask her what she's up to this week, and if it's going well that could be your chance to suggest seeing her again

ReputationRep:
    oh my god.. just phone her and be yourself its not hard once you do it. just say what you would normally say. besides girls do most of the talking on the phone anyway, just sit back and reply every now and then. if she gave you her number shes probably waiting as well.

just ask her to a restaurant, if she says yes then great, if she says no then oh well, say ok thats cool and be freinds. as long as you dont have a random case of turrets syndrome youll be fine.

if you wanna text then it might be a bit harder, since its not so direct, just say something like "hi did u have a good time.. anyway I like you, was wondering if you wanna join me for a meal or something" something like that. again since its text it doesnt take so much confidence so you can say something liek that easier, but phoning them is the best way I think.

with texts its open to lots of interpretation. also since you like her youre waiting for her to reply all the time and will probably overanalyse it, or not get a reply and send two in a row or something dumb since texts are BAD for this kinda thing.

ReputationRep:
    oh my word. God sake man it's just a phone call! You're hardly going to 'ruin' things by saying something silly, unless it's along the lines of 'whew, now that we've actually spoken can i get in your trousers?!'...and actually that kinda thing might work on some girls.

Take the pressure completely off yourself. Repeat after me..."it's just a phone call, it's just a phone call, it's just a phone call..." you get the idea.

Sheesh. What's the world coming to?!

ReputationRep:
    Sorry, its just that I tend to worry about stuff like this

ReputationRep:
    yeah its a good sign just be confident and ull be fine

ReputationRep:
    Ring her and just chat about anything as you would with any other person. It's a phone call not a date!

ReputationRep:
    why u worryin!!!dnt worry!!! jus call her up and be like'hey...hows things with u....etc, the convo will flow frm there!!

ReputationRep:
    tell her you want to see her naked

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by mik1w)
    tell her you want to see her naked
    That's what I'm talking about mate!

ReputationRep:
    well if she gave you her number, give her a call in the early evening sometime and just say "hey, how you doing, was at a bit of a loose end tonight so i wondered if you fancied doing something?". if she's busy but wants to see you, she'll give you an alternative day. if she doesn't want to see you, she won't give you another day and will try and get off the phone as fast as possible. but if you get good vibes then just suggest another day. good luck.

ReputationRep:
    Ask if she would like to go somewhere with you?

ReputationRep:
    Good to be reassured that girls aren't the only ones that worry about these things. She's prob waiting by the phone so just ring her and be yourself.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Dude)
    I resently got a girls number that I've been after for a while. Now its been a few days so I'm thinking of giving her a bell, but I have no idea what to say to her. I really like her, and I don't want to ruin the friendship I have with her at the moment by saying something stupid.

Just be charming and witty. Its been a few days? Dont let it fester for long or she may get a bit frustrated, chances are shes expecting the call.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Dude)

Why don't you ring her and just go ahead and say: I like you, would you like to go out with me?

I had someone who came straight and told me he liked me a bit but wasn't sure about a relationship yet and came outright and asked if I liked him - after knowing him for erm, a few weeks lol! But the thing is, we're both so direct with each other that it's not confusing at all! We're close friends atm but the great thing is - there is no confusion. You got a question, ask it. Makes things so much easier too. Met him on TSR and now decided we'll remain friends til we've met, then go from there and see if anything happens, and if nothing does, we've lost nothing we'll always be close friends

So yeh, the direct approach - DEFINITELY much better, in my opinion. I'd rather get a straight answer or question as opposed to being confused and constantly guessing. What I hate is not knowing and being confused lol.

ReputationRep:
    Yeh, like everybody said, Why don't you just rape her?

ReputationRep:
    Just say, "Alright darlin'? I woke up this mornin' wiv a roight ol' mornin glory, finkin 'baht yaa! S'abat I come ova n give u sam'a'ma love!?" Try it, what have you got to lose? Apart from your dignity.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Shamen)
    Just say, "Alright darlin'? I woke up this mornin' wiv a roight ol' mornin glory, finkin 'baht yaa! S'abat I come ova n give u sam'a'ma love!?" Try it, what have you got to lose? Apart from your dignity.
    :rofl: :rofl: you're one funny guy..

Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: July 8, 2005

students online now

800,000+

Exam discussions

Find your exam discussion here

Poll
Should predicted grades be removed from the uni application process

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.