This discussion is closed.
JSM
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
(Original post by Saf!)
"happy" because they know they're husband won't
So because the husband is a bloke and women have always looked after children, the man should give up his job and look after the children. Isn't that just as sexist a view. Some women are happy looking after children, their biological clock makes them want to have and look after children.
Vienna
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
(Original post by *dave*)
I think you impled that it should always be the woman that does it.
how did a miraculously manage that?
Elle
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
(Original post by vienna95)
i meant whats outrageous about it, the fact that i believe children should be brought up full time by at least one of their parents?
you think woman should stay at home to raise the child.. that what's outrageous.. if you said I think either the man OR woman should stay at home then it wouldnt have been so bad
Rysh
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
Heres an opinion,

to be honest i think most women are just chatting ****. always moaning, they would jump out of a window 'just coz a man can do it'. most things they want just for the sake of it.
by the way my mum works and that aswell so i know how it is. i just reckon a lot of women nowadays are just always on about women getting treated unfairly, when really theyre picking on a few facts. end of the day a few things are how they are, no point argueing.
like for example - men are stronger physically on average, if a woman hears that shell start picking up the one of examples of really strong ladies. and i cannot belive how some of them insult the idea of a traditional mother. i dont have any objections against women working, however thats simply it, women if they get married should try to be good wives and mothers, theres nothing wrong with the traditional role of a woman at all, what is wrong is certain restrictions that were put on women but theyre off now no point trying to change everything.
Saf!
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
(Original post by *dave*)
It depends on who is earning the most. It is expensive raising a child!
yeh, but i know a lot of women who's jobs pay them more.........alot more................than their husbands, but they still give it up for the child!.......................... ......... i also think that men aren't as gud at lookin after kids, as women! :rolleyes:
Vienna
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
(Original post by Elle)
you think woman should stay at home to raise the child.. that what's outrageous.. if you said I think either the man OR woman should stay at home then it wouldnt have been so bad
no i said,

"do you believe that a woman should raise a child and have a career at the same time?"

where was the 'women cant have a career' suggestion?
JSM
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
(Original post by Saf!)
yeh, but i know a lot of women who's jobs pay them more.........alot more................than their husbands, but they still give it up for the child!.......................... ......... i also think that men aren't as gud at lookin after kids, as women! :rolleyes:

thats a sexist view - you chauvanist
Elle
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
And as for the feminist movement.. the fact that many people on here believe that there isn't a problem of inequality when there clearly is.. just shows how far the feminist movement still has to go to achieve it aim.. therefore it has to be extreme
Saf!
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
(Original post by JSM)
thats a sexist view - you chauvanist
wot's one of those?? :confused:
Rysh
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
yeah mothers, GENERALLY, are better at looking after kids. also so many women love this sexual freedom nowadays, dont get me wrong if i get offered im taking, but if they goes sleepiung around shes a SLUT, end of discussion, whatever u think of a man who does it is a different story.

lemem ask u something, its hard to think of but in a neutral situaion if u heard stories who would u like to think ****ed around with the opposite sex when they were younger and was known for it, your mum or dad??

everyone loves their parents but could handle the fact ur mum was a slut more than the fact ur dad was a player?
Vienna
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
(Original post by Elle)
And as for the feminist movement.. the fact that many people on here believe that there isn't a problem of inequality when there clearly is.. just shows how far the feminist movement still has to go to achieve it aim.. therefore it has to be extreme
provide me with a situation of open discrimination and ill agree with you.
Vienna
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
(Original post by Rysh)
yeah mothers, GENERALLY, are better at looking after kids. also so many women love this sexual freedom nowadays, dont get me wrong if i get offered im taking, but if they goes sleepiung around shes a SLUT, end of discussion, whatever u think of a man who does it is a different story.

lemem ask u something, its hard to think of but in a neutral situaion if u heard stories who would u like to think ****ed around with the opposite sex when they were younger and was known for it, your mum or dad??

everyone loves their parents but could handle the fact ur mum was a slut more than the fact ur dad was a player?
i think youve been listening to too much Christina Aguilera when you would have been better off reading something along the lines of social and genetical evolution of mankind.
JSM
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
(Original post by Elle)
As the last part of Ryash said "what is wrong is certain restrictions that were put on women but theyre off now no point trying to change everything". You cannot make everything equal, for example if 30 women and 70 men try for 10 jobs, should you emply 3 women and 7 men as that is the proportionate or should you employ the best suited. In law women have, if anything, greater rights than men - for example in childcare. There is not really a problem in inequality of rights any longer and thats what counts. You should not force people to discriminate in favour of women because then you are being just as bad. Social attitudes will cahnge and thats what counts.
Tek
Badges: 7
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
i think youve been listening to too much Christina Aguilera when you would have been better off reading something along the lines of social and genetical evolution of mankind.
Vienna, you always crack me up
JSM
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
(Original post by Saf!)
wot's one of those?? :confused:
it means you are very partisan and is usually used to describe men
Vienna
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
(Original post by Tek)
Vienna, you always crack me up
ill take that as a compliment.
androidkiller
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
I have no problems at all with women taking jobs, leaving men at home to look after kids, or anything along those lines.

These are my problems:

1. People insisting that men and women are exactly the same. Last time I checked they weren't, so naturally there are some biological factors that can't be overcome - but these can be advantages and disadvantages for both genders.
2. Women wanting "equal rights" in all areas except for the ones where women have traditionally had a better deal eg. men paying for meals when courting.

I mean, we should accept 6that men and women are different, but try to make sure that this doesn't have a huge effect such as losing jobs when women have babies.
Tek
Badges: 7
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
ill take that as a compliment.
It was intended as one.

Although I just remembered the French phrase "elle me fait craquer" or something - I didn't mean that
Saf!
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
(Original post by Rysh)
well i think men who go around and do it wiv loads of women, should also be described as "sluts"........(i know that doesn't make sense, but u probably get my point!)
JSM
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
(Original post by Saf!)
well i think men who go around and do it wiv loads of women, should also be described as "sluts"........(i know that doesn't make sense, but u probably get my point!)
As Ruash said would you rahter ur mum or your dad had slept around. It is because mothers are viewed as holy.
X
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Did you get less than your required grades and still get into university?

Yes (54)
29.03%
No - I got the required grades (109)
58.6%
No - I missed the required grades and didn't get in (23)
12.37%

Watched Threads