Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    i dont listen to christina agulierra or any of that sorta music.

why doe she say things along those lines?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Rysh)
    i dont listen to christina agulierra or any of that sorta music.

why doe she say things along those lines?
    Why can guys sleep around and get called a playa, but girls get called a slut - along those lines

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by JSM)
    As Ruash said would you rahter ur mum or your dad had slept around. It is because mothers are viewed as holy.
    well both my parents wer virgin before marriage!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Saf!)
    well both my parents wer virgin before marriage!
    OK - well in most cases ud like to believe your mum was a virgin before but that your dad wasn't. Its jist the idea because ur mother is something you don't insult. (Plus As Freud says u wanna b like ur dad adn dont wanna get cheated on)

satans_*****xx's answer is no, as there are more women thatn men although women are still treated as a minority

ReputationRep:
    Yeah!

Some women always expect to be treated 'like a lady' and that 'the man should pay for everything on the first date' ... but doesnt that go against everything feminism stands for?

Some women just take the good things about being seen as traditionally inferior to men (like not lifting heavy things at work because 'the big strong men can do it') but then moan when the same thing happens to men.

Elle, I agree that women need equal rights, but I see it as equal at the moment. In fact the trend is reversing - and women are becoming more like men traditionally were.

And you cant disagree with the fact that many men are afraid to go into childcare because of the negative connotations attatched to them doing so.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by *dave*)
    And you cant disagree with the fact that many men are afraid to go into childcare because of the negative connotations attatched to them doing so.
    wot negative connotations??

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by *dave*)
    Yeah!

Some women always expect to be treated 'like a lady' and that 'the man should pay for everything on the first date' ... but doesnt that go against everything feminism stands for?

Some women just take the good things about being seen as traditionally inferior to men (like not lifting heavy things at work because 'the big strong men can do it') but then moan when the same thing happens to men.

Elle, I agree that women need equal rights, but I see it as equal at the moment. In fact the trend is reversing - and women are becoming more like men traditionally were.

dave, my better half does childcare, and trust me, there are no connotations these days. They are actually crying out for men to do it, but sadly most men just don't like the idea for fear of what their mates will think etc.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by vienna95)
    but more men find stimulation in those areas than women. its degrading to assume that they are the only factors to contribute to someones success.
    I can appreciate your point, but there is also the argument that its actually that women have been excluded from much of this for so long and that only now slowly but surely is there starting to be a significant female presence. I'm not sure I would make the generalisation that men are just more stimulated by these areas, I think the fact that women are beginning to break into them suggests otherwise.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by lala)
    I can appreciate your point, but there is also the argument that its actually that women have been excluded from much of this for so long and that only now slowly but surely is there starting to be a significant female presence. I'm not sure I would make the generalisation that men are just more stimulated by these areas, I think the fact that women are beginning to break into them suggests otherwise.
    of course, but to expect them to be equal is ridiculous.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by vienna95)
    of course, but to expect them to be equal is ridiculous.
    Equal in which areas? I take offence at the idea that I wouldn't be as able a politician as a man for example, or be able to hold down a high flying job. I would have thought you would too- is that what you mean? Or do you mean that its obviously going to take a lot longer for women to establish a real presence in fields from which they were so long excluded and that we shouldnt expect to see it for a while yet because its a gradual process? I could see where you were coming from if its the latter, it would be a valid point.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by lala)
    Equal in which areas? I take offence at the idea that I wouldn't be as able a politician as a man for example, or be able to hold down a high flying job. I would have thought you would too- is that what you mean? Or do you mean that its obviously going to take a lot longer for women to establish a real presence in fields from which they were so long excluded and that we shouldnt expect to see it for a while yet because its a gradual process? I could see where you were coming from if its the latter, it would be a valid point.
    equal in numbers.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Rysh)
    Heres an opinion,

to be honest i think most women are just chatting ****. always moaning, they would jump out of a window 'just coz a man can do it'. most things they want just for the sake of it.
    by the way my mum works and that aswell so i know how it is. i just reckon a lot of women nowadays are just always on about women getting treated unfairly, when really theyre picking on a few facts. end of the day a few things are how they are, no point argueing.
    like for example - men are stronger physically on average, if a woman hears that shell start picking up the one of examples of really strong ladies. and i cannot belive how some of them insult the idea of a traditional mother. i dont have any objections against women working, however thats simply it, women if they get married should try to be good wives and mothers, theres nothing wrong with the traditional role of a woman at all, what is wrong is certain restrictions that were put on women but theyre off now no point trying to change everything.
    Some deeply deeply stupid points.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by lala)
    Some deeply deeply stupid points.
    its an opinion

Poll
How are you feeling in the run-up to Results Day 2018?
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.