Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    read this article i found...does anyone other than me think he should be shot, or put in a mental institution at the very least? There is no justification for his actions, and i hope he learns his lesson in detention - here it is:

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/england/london/4649631.stm

pk

ReputationRep:
    He should be publicly named, beaten and put in prison for the rest of his life. And life should mean life. Also the prison should be very tough, a Saudi type prison in fact.

ReputationRep:
    No doubt that I was shocked when I heard this, not least because I go to the school for a lesson!!!! However, in his defence, he had a psycological problem and should have had help well before it actually got to this stage.

He should be publicly named, beaten and put in prison for the rest of his life. And life should mean life. Also the prison should be very tough, a Saudi type prison in fact.
    Weren't you advocating a libertarian state where individual's freedom was not infringed. Yet you advocate an infringement of his liberty? Double standards methinks :rolleyes:

ReputationRep:
    im sorry but there is no way that kid should ever be allowed out for what he did. If he was an adult he would be sentenced to life imprisonment. In cases involving things like rape and murder i think that kids should face the same punishment as adults.

ReputationRep:
    How the hell is this a debate? Yes I think we all agree that rape is wrong... what's your point, threads on capital punishment and ASBOs already exist. If oyu want banal exclamations of disgust go post this in GD.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by zaf1986)
    No doubt that I was shocked when I heard this, not least because I go to the school for a lesson!!!! However, in his defence, he had a psycological problem and should have had help well before it actually got to this stage.
    hmmm...what is westminster school actually like...full of snobs, or normal kids?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by thekillersrock)
    How the hell is this a debate? Yes I think we all agree that rape is wrong... what's your point, threads on capital punishment and ASBOs already exist. If oyu want banal exclamations of disgust go post this in GD.
    someones very disappointed

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Phil23)
    hmmm...what is westminster school actually like...full of snobs, or normal kids?
    Its a state school, so there are all kinds of people.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by zaf1986)
    Its a state school, so there are all kinds of people.
    which one is that famous rich, smart one where the A-level average is 4A's at A-level?

ReputationRep:
    He should be castrated and serve a very lengthy prison sentence. Apparently he could be out in 4 years?

I wonder what northumbrian has to say about this. He was probably just a poor kid from London with nothing, what we should really be doing is paying him not to re-offend :rolleyes:

ReputationRep:
    Dissapointed by what? I fail to see your point, or how it counters what I said.

ReputationRep:
    which one is that famous rich, smart one where the A-level average is 4A's at A-level?
    Thats Westminster School, this is Westminster City School

ReputationRep:
    erm...they've gt a point. Are you expecting someone to say that what he did was right? obviously not-then this isn't a debate, hope it gets moved to GC.

ReputationRep:
    Twelve years should be a minimum I believe.

ReputationRep:
    I feel sorry for both the kid and the women. The kid, cause he is mentally illed as all rapists. The women....well its rather obvious.

ReputationRep:
    He should have his :eek: surgically removed.

Then he should be set free.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Pencil)
    He should have his :eek: surgically removed.

Then he should be set free.
    very distressing :rolleyes: - suppose it'd control the testoserone levels in his body though...should refrain him to some extent!

to the people no satisfied this is not a debate...SORRY! this is my first post in this section, and i didn't know you guys wanted "debate topics" - i was just horrified when i came across this article 30 miins ago - now that i think back to it, i'd revote and say a lenghy prison sentence instead of the death penalty :rolleyes: - decisions under disgust,

pk

ReputationRep:
    Is the poll asking for a new death sentence to be introduced?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by beekeeper_)
    He should be castrated
    :yy:

ReputationRep:
    after reading the story, i think if i was that teacher i would have fought so hard, i would have gone completely nuts and just beaten seven shades of sh*t out of him because i would have got so mad that someone was attacking me in my own classroom. life should mean life and at any rate, other kids will know who he is and i'm sure they'll have something to say when he comes out. people like that should be shot. we don't need their genes in future generations.

students online now

800,000+

Exam discussions

Find your exam discussion here

Poll
Should predicted grades be removed from the uni application process
Useful resources

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.