Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    The title of this thread is stupid, its NOT ON to rape anyone regardless of their occupation you muppet

ReputationRep:
    couple of years solitary, and then shot.

he'd learn his lesson.

ReputationRep:
    I for one, would CERTAINLY, and I mean CERTAINLY would.
    Hmmm, maybe I was wrong.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Northumbrian)
    His age is not irrelevent. Do you then support child executions? Is this what you're really saying?
    I don't even support capital punishment, i made this clear when i said that he should be put in prision for life in my first post in this thread. I never said he should be killed.

ReputationRep:
    [QUOTE=Northumbrian]His age is not irrelevent. Do you then support child executions? Is this what you're really saying? What good would it do do have the state kill children? (I suppose thay've already started overseas) Or maybe you'd like to privatise it?

'It's just right.' That's a good reactionary argument. Punishment for punishment's sake serves NO ONE. It does not save the woman from the ordeal and it does not help the person reform. I do side with the victim, only I am sane enough to acknowledge that, on some occasions, the perptrator may already be a victim and that if they are not, prison and beatings will make one of them.
    A rapist is a victim!!! No wonder the left is dead in the uk.

Yes. One of mine is 'Thou shalt not murder.' Kids included.

'Eye for eye and tooth for tooth' - Exodus??

I care about all people. But how does it help the victim to beat the attacker? We are not in some hillbilly village in Iran where they let the grannies kick the **** out of the criminals in a public square.
    Why not care about justice? It helps the victim as they get revenge, this is right. Once this is done they can hopefully move on.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by objectivism)
    I don't even support capital punishment, i made this clear when i said that he should be put in prision for life in my first post in this thread. I never said he should be killed.
    But would not it be wise to kill him off there and then, rather then the pain of feeding him and providing for him, wasting the planets natural resources.

'An average human drinks 7 tons of water in his lifetime'

:bandit:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Vijay1)
    But would not it be wise to kill him off there and then, rather then the pain of feeding him and providing for him, wasting the planets natural resources.

'An average human drinks 7 tons of water in his lifetime'

:bandit:

No, studies show that it costs more to kill them than keep them in prision for life. This is because if they are sentenced to death they are allowed a great number of appeals which results in massive court fee's. Also there exists the possibilty of executing the innocent.

For example:

While the rational justification for the death penalty remains in doubt, there is little disagreement that it amounts to a very expensive government program. The most comprehensive study in the country found that the death penalty costs North Carolina $2.16 million per execution more than the cost of a non-death penalty murder case with a sentence of life imprisonment.[42] Another study found that the death penalty costs the State of California $90 million annually beyond the ordinary costs of the justice system, including $78 million at the trial level.[43] The State of Florida is spending an average of $3.2 million per execution.[44] In Texas, a death penalty case costs an average of $2.3 million, about three times the cost of imprisoning someone for 40 years in a single cell at the highest security level. [45] The hundreds of millions of dollars spent on the death penalty could instead be going toward programs that actually reduce the level of crime.

http://www.deathpenaltyinfo.org/arti...3&scid=45#sxn6

ReputationRep:
    If a person was mutilated, then forced at gunpoint to rape someone would they qualify as a victim? I know it's a specific type of unlikely case, but I'm making the point that criminals and the word victim can go together. And yeah, the left is deas. Galloway showed that!!!

'Eye for eye and tooth for tooth' - Exodus??
    Hey, I said it was my principle, not that I am a fundamentalist Christian.

Why not care about justice? It helps the victim as they get revenge, this is right. Once this is done they can hopefully move on.
    What kind of civilised society needs to hurt other people to make ourselves feel better? I do care about justice. Justice for the victim that they are given all the support necessary to move on, and support the for criminal so hopefully we don't have a waste of space on our hands.

ReputationRep:
    If a person was mutilated, then forced at gunpoint to rape someone would they qualify as a victim? I know it's a specific type of unlikely case, but I'm making the point that criminals and the word victim can go together.

How on earth can you put this in the same league as the case in question. To even bring this point up is very insulting to the victim, this is disgraceful behaviour on your part.

And yeah, the left is deas. Galloway showed that!!!

He reaminds me of a left wing version of Mosley, who of course never got far.

What kind of civilised society needs to hurt other people to make ourselves feel better? I do care about justice. Justice for the victim that they are given all the support necessary to move on, and support the for criminal so hopefully we don't have a waste of space on our hands.
    What if the victim needs revenge to move on? Why do you deny them this for the sake of a rapist? This shows you attach more importance to the criminal than the victim.

ReputationRep:
    How on earth can you put this in the same league as the case in question. To even bring this point up is very insulting to the victim, this is disgraceful behaviour on your part.
    You said 'a rapist' you didn't specify. You implied no rapists are victims. I gave the above example to prove your implication to be false.

He reaminds me of a left wing version of Mosley, who of course never got far.
    22 years in Parliament isn't bad. Possibly a future in the EU parliament, kick starting an exciting new party, increasing war on wants income 7 fold etc etc etc He's got very far already.

What if the victim needs revenge to move on? Why do you deny them this for the sake of a rapist? This shows you attach more importance to the criminal than the victim.
    So she should be able to cut off his penis if she wishes?

ReputationRep:
    Whats more bad:

Student raping teacher?
    Teacher raping student?

Both have happened many times.

ReputationRep:
    You make odd comments

ReputationRep:
    You said 'a rapist' you didn't specify. You implied no rapists are victims. I gave the above example to prove your implication to be false.

Your grapsing at straws when you start using the word implied.

22 years in Parliament isn't bad. Possibly a future in the EU parliament, kick starting an exciting new party, increasing war on wants income 7 fold etc etc etc He's got very far already.
    He's no where near where the SDP was and look what happend to that after 8 years of it being founded - coming after the MRLP in a by-election and finally voting itself out of existence.

So she should be able to cut off his penis if she wishes?
    There is no need to be vulgar. There must be revenge, it is the law which decides what is apt in the situation. Personally if thats what the law wants i'd support it.

ReputationRep:
    Your grapsing at straws when you start using the word implied.
    You quite obviously said it, though not in so many words.

He's no where near where the SDP was and look what happend to that after 8 years of it being founded - coming after the MRLP in a by-election and finally voting itself out of existence.
    Galloway and Mosely is a different comparison to RESPECT and SDP.

There is no need to be vulgar.
    Count yourself lucky I said penis.

Personally if thats what the law wants i'd support it.
    I think the Taleban operated a similar system.

ReputationRep:
    I don't understand, why do you both keep quoting each other and analyse etc.

Soo off topic!

ReputationRep:
    You quite obviously said it, though not in so many words.
    Give me a real argument.

Galloway and Mosely is a different comparison to RESPECT and SDP.

Yes and....? Its jut a further example of 'here today, gone tommorrow'.

Count yourself lucky I said penis.
    Vile.

I think the Taleban operated a similar system.

A weak argument. X is bad because evil people claimed to have done the same thing.

ReputationRep:
    Give me a real argument.
    You used 'a' rather than 'the' indicating that you were talking generally about rapists rather than this one in particular. You're full sentence 'A rapist is a victim!!!' shows that you do not accept, in any circumstances, that a rapist can be a victim. Fin.

Yes and....? Its jut a further example of 'here today, gone tommorrow'.
    Well, Aaranovitch said that a year ago and here we are with the first left of Labour MP in over 50 years.

A weak argument. X is bad because evil people claimed to have done the same thing.
    That doesn't make sense. What is X?

ReputationRep:
    i think real justice should be based on polls in tsr. would be far more fun for all concerned.

ReputationRep:
    You used 'a' rather than 'the' indicating that you were talking generally about rapists rather than this one in particular. You're full sentence 'A rapist is a victim!!!' shows that you do not accept, in any circumstances, that a rapist can be a victim. Fin.
    No not neccessarily. Your using the wrong interpretation. This rapist can still be classed as 'a rapist' of course. Fin.

Well, Aaranovitch said that a year ago and here we are with the first left of Labour MP in over 50 years.
    What are you talking about? Its one MP. This is not a revolution, he got where he is due to a bunch of muslims in some london hell hole. Here today, gone tommorrow. Deep down you know this, especially as Brown succeeds and moves to the left.

That doesn't make sense. What is X?
    X- the act of cutting someones penis off. Just because an evil person does something does not make the act evil. If a war criminal later in life saves someone from drowing that of course would be a good act, eventhough the person has done great evil.

ReputationRep:
    The kid, cause he is mentally illed as all rapists
    Not all rapists are mentally ill! That's a ridiculous thing to say.

I mean he did have a psychological problem due to his family background and people on here just keep critising him, but think about it in his perspective, he's probably stressed and thinks the world is out to get him.
    What, and you think that's a bloody good excuse to RAPE somebody?

I don't think people understand the actual TRAUMA a rape brings, seriously. My sister was raped, by a serial rapist. He broke into our own home, and raped her twice, in the room that I'm sitting in now. (Our study). Which is why this is a tetchy subject for me.

It's bloody irrelevant what his age is, and where it happened, and who is victim is. Of course he should be imprisoned, rape is probably the most serious crime out there, aside from murder and attempted murder. It's more serious than robbery in my opinion. It leaves the victim feeling dirty, vulnerable, sickened, and violated. It's disgusting; but it's not about sex, it's about power and strength and humiliation. As well as the victim having to accept the possible risk of HIV and pregnancy amongst other things, post-rape. It's truly wicked, and it should carry a very long sentence. VERY LONG.

The rapist who I speak personally of had raped 4 students before my older sister, and had threatened to kill. He raped a majority of them in my local park, namely in a kid's playground. And then he broke into my house one night, and raped my sister twice in one of our front rooms. He was caught in our house, because my sister had been on the phone at the time, and had left it off the hook, meaning one of her friends heard her begging for her rapist not to kill her, and called the police. I was upstairs, in bed, asleep.

Rapists are scum. It's not even debatable that they should be given leeway. It is a HUGE crime, and I feel immensely for this woman.

students online now

800,000+

Exam discussions

Find your exam discussion here

Poll
Should predicted grades be removed from the uni application process
Useful resources

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.