Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    When i first say this thread i thought this is a joke, but after reading the article, im completely shocked! What the hell?!?!?! If i was the teacher i would've gone ballistic, id probably end up senile or something by the end of it all! I think the guy should be publically named, humiliated and charged for life, not put on parole...*******! Sorry..!!

ReputationRep:
    I don't think he'll be getting out for a long time. Certainly if I was a Psych doctor I'd say that it would take a long time to cure this young lad.

ReputationRep:
    According to the BBC article though, he'll be out in 4years time on parole... i think they're going to let him out in like 5years and then give him a new identity etc and that would be it.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Lauren)
    So why should a mental illness be an excuse?
    Because mental illness and perhaps other conditions have some interference as to their guilty mind. Unless you're a believer of crimes being strict. You make comments about the same crime etc which might endanger those women who pleaded diminished responsibility for a murder charge say by 'battered woman syndrome' may end up facing murder.

ReputationRep:
    he should be treated exactly the same as a normal adult who raped someone. same crime, same punishment. equal rights and all that. do we really want people like that on our streets?? NO! as a woman, i do NOT want a lunatic like that on the loose.
    A person with mental difficulties should be treated the same as someone without them? Has anyone said he shouldn't be locked up? As a man, I don't want him raping other people anymore than you do.

have his .... cut off and be tourchered every day
    So you support introducing aspects of the Saudi syetm to Britain? Ad you don't think his mental health should be taken into account?

I don't care if he's mentally ill. Geez, I used to help out at a special school with mentally disabled kids, and some were my age, and they acted like 5 year olds and we played cards and board games and they were all awesome. It wouldn't occur to any of them to deliberately hurt someone. So why should a mental illness be an excuse?
    5 year olds are not sexually aware. When puberty sets in and people gain sexuality, their mental health can of course influence the hormonal drives we get when sexually aroused.

Yet sometimes I think, when being raped, the guy is enjoying it, and the girl is helpless, but she must have some moment of pleasure in it when raped
    Someone's in for some bad rep

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Vijay1)
    [nonsense]
    This will probably be removed soon, but anyway...
    I'm hoping you do realise that women don't orgasm every time they have sex, especially if it's non-consensual and violent? Where is the enjoyment in that?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Helenia)
    This will probably be removed soon, but anyway...
    I'm hoping you do realise that women don't orgasm every time they have sex, especially if it's non-consensual and violent? Where is the enjoyment in that?
    I think vijay1 must have stepped out of some time warp!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Northumbrian)
    5 year olds are not sexually aware. When puberty sets in and people gain sexuality, their mental health can of course influence the hormonal drives we get when sexually aroused.
    they weren't 5. they were 16.

i'm harsh, yes, and i believe in strict punishments for crime, because if it's strict, then people will think twice about doing anything! it's all about preventing the crime in the first place!

i don't see why we should waste our taxes curing him. he showed he cannot be classed as a human being when he committed that crime.

don't get me started on battered women. an ex of mine used to punch me (and this is quite difficult to talk about), and at first i took it, because i believed i deserved it (i cheated on him), but then i realised quite soon that i didn't deserve it and got well rid of him. there is always a way out, and of course if the woman reported it, the man would be jailed, hence taking away that problem.

ReputationRep:
    he cannot be classed as a human being when he committed that crime.
    I disagree with you. He can be classed as human, he's a more pure human being then us.

But he is a bad human and will get punished either it be here, or in hell, sucking the Devil's **** and being a ***** to the devil's wife.

I don't see why it has to have affect on you (us)
    I feel sorry for the boy and would wish I would have met him before he committed such a sin, maybe I could have helped him from his depression. :bandit:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by objectivism)
    No its about justice. Stop defending a rapist, it is evil.
    He is not 'defending a rapist'. He is defending the rule of law.

ReputationRep:
    "Yet sometimes I think, when being raped, the guy is enjoying it, and the girl is helpless, but she must have some moment of pleasure in it when raped"

Sorry i just HAD to comment on this line! What????? How can you possibly say that? A moment of pleasure? When would that happen exactly; before or after she's being beaten up, or aching of pain due to extreme physical discomfort - pain?? Pray tell me how you possibly reach that conclusion cause i sure have never really seen much enjoyment in being raped; and as a result i might be missing out on something good! Maybe i should beg to be raped so i can feel that "moment of pleasure"!! IDIOT! Its this typical male chauvenism that results in the world, instead of moving forward, to stay in the dark ages with the stereotypical, sexist way of thinking due to stupid individuals who just say idiotic things without much contemplation or regard for the other person's situation! Imagine you in that teacher's position: second day on the job, still feeling a bit nervous about being new, being attacked brutally by a spoilt 15-year old perversed brat; and now you're scarred physically, emotionally and phsychologically for the rest of your life! Can you possibly imagine in what a state that woman is in? Do you think she has the guts to actually go back into teaching with the same confidence as before? If you answer yes to this, then you are more of an idiot than i thought (if that could be possible!)! Do you believe that she looks back on that day and says: well actually, despite all that pain, it was rather fun!! I THINK NOT!!!

I cant find who actually wrote the above quote, i found it in Northumbrian's message. Does anyone know who wrote it??

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Vijay1)
    He can be classed as human, he's a more pure human being then us.
    I'd say he's more animal than human really. We're supposed to have evolved, and be civilised, and not do that kind of thing.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by BellaCat)
    He is not 'defending a rapist'. He is defending the rule of law.

So when people defend the holocaust are they just defending German law? Your view is too narrow and you should be concerned with justice and the interests of the victim not pedantics.

ReputationRep:
    they weren't 5. they were 16.
    I apologise, I read wrong. But still, you are making two mistakes. You are treating each mental ailment as having the same effects and therefore if mental illness caused rape then every mentally ill person would rape. Each illness is different, with different effects and each individual has more different factors in their own lives which react with their condition to create the problems of an individual person.

i'm harsh, yes, and i believe in strict punishments for crime, because if it's strict, then people will think twice about doing anything!
    How do you explain the fact that capital punishment doesn't deter murder in the USA and that Iran has a high level of prostitution despite barbaric punishments? The fact is that many serious crimes are not premeditated, and many of the ones that are (especially with serial killers, serial rapists) are committed by individuals with mental health issues.

i don't see why we should waste our taxes curing him. he showed he cannot be classed as a human being when he committed that crime.
    The whole point of this is that he showed he needed curing. That's like saying well you've got aids, we can't treat you you showed how irresponsible you were when you took drugs.

there is always a way out, and of course if the woman reported it, the man would be jailed, hence taking away that problem
    Yes of course the woman should be protected first and foremost. But it is a well known fact that many violent abusers have been abused themselves.

I would have met him before he committed such a sin, maybe I could have helped him from his depression
    Yeah, GREAT samaritan you'd be :rolleyes:

I cant find who actually wrote the above quote, i found it in Northumbrian's message. Does anyone know who wrote it??
    Vijay

So when people defend the holocaust are they just defending German law? Your view is too narrow and you should be concerned with justice and the interests of the victim not pedantics.
    You call our views narrow when you are blind to the fact that MANY people who commit serious crimes are unhealthy or in need of help themselves. If the victim in this case can see it then you should be ashamed that you are so stubborn or stupid that you cannot (I assume it's the former)

Your comparison is innaccurate, offensive and downright idiotic. There is no moral similarity. I did not defend his act of RAPE, like Holocaust defenders defend the MURDER of 6 million Jews (and many others) I simply defended human rights and sanity, the things that kill Nazism dead. Despicable.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by alexandra010588)
    "Yet sometimes I think, when being raped, the guy is enjoying it, and the girl is helpless, but she must have some moment of pleasure in it when raped"

Sorry i just HAD to comment on this line! What????? How can you possibly say that? A moment of pleasure? When would that happen exactly; before or after she's being beaten up, or aching of pain due to extreme physical discomfort - pain?? Pray tell me how you possibly reach that conclusion cause i sure have never really seen much enjoyment in being raped; and as a result i might be missing out on something good! Maybe i should beg to be raped so i can feel that "moment of pleasure"!! IDIOT! Its this typical male chauvenism that results in the world, instead of moving forward, to stay in the dark ages with the stereotypical, sexist way of thinking due to stupid individuals who just say idiotic things without much contemplation or regard for the other person's situation! Imagine you in that teacher's position: second day on the job, still feeling a bit nervous about being new, being attacked brutally by a spoilt 15-year old perversed brat; and now you're scarred physically, emotionally and phsychologically for the rest of your life! Can you possibly imagine in what a state that woman is in? Do you think she has the guts to actually go back into teaching with the same confidence as before? If you answer yes to this, then you are more of an idiot than i thought (if that could be possible!)! Do you believe that she looks back on that day and says: well actually, despite all that pain, it was rather fun!! I THINK NOT!!!

I wrote the above. Well in response, I have to say that I'm not much of an idiot as you think of me! I merely was touching on what a rapist may have in mind. To be honest, Its very difficult to imagine myself in the victims position, (as I'm not a woman )

The above is not what I actually think, yet what rapists may think, you have to understand that all of us are different and have to accept that some of us are really cruel and may not know what is right or wrong (insanity), to be able cure such people with intentions of rape, requires to understand there point of view first. yes I do feel very sad for the teacher, and understand that are proffession, her social life will never be the same. :bandit:

ReputationRep:
    I'm having difficulty understanding why 7 people thought an ASBO would be a severe enough punishment! Although what he did was very anti-social, i don't think an ASBO quite covers it

ReputationRep:
    i'm harsh, yes, and i believe in strict punishments for crime, because if it's strict, then people will think twice about doing anything! it's all about preventing the crime in the first place!
    Oh yeah? We had strict punishments in the middle ages such as hund, drung and quartering for treason and hanging for petty theft at one point. Still this didn't affect the crime rates. You cannot generalise different types of crimes in such a way. Oh and make your mind up as to which is the deterrent, detection or severity of punishment. I suppose you're also a believer of crimes which are of strict liability too?

don't get me started on battered women. an ex of mine used to punch me (and this is quite difficult to talk about), and at first i took it, because i believed i deserved it (i cheated on him), but then i realised quite soon that i didn't deserve it and got well rid of him. there is always a way out, and of course if the woman reported it, the man would be jailed, hence taking away that problem.
    Cheating should be a crime.

Rapists don't rape for sexual pleasure, they rape to dominate!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by yawn)
    Rapists don't rape for sexual pleasure, they rape to dominate!
    how do you know, and where did that idea come from? Its feasable mind you.

(Original post by Phil23)
    how do you know, and where did that idea come from? Its feasable mind you.
    It's obvious - isn't it? :confused:

Consensual sex is the giving and receiving of pleasure. Forced sex (rape) does not have the same inference. It is domination of one person over the other - usually because the dominatrix has no respect for the dominated.

This interpretation is also put forward by forensic psychologists, I believe.

students online now

800,000+

Exam discussions

Find your exam discussion here

Poll
Should predicted grades be removed from the uni application process
Useful resources

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.