Turn on thread page Beta

Athlete, Interpol, Oasis, Coldplay, Razorlight, The Magic Numbers and Kaiser Chiefs watch

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Gexko)
    Kasabian rule!

Zutons ok.

Thirteen senses ain't bad neither.
    I love Thirteen Senses, I can't believe I didn't know about them when I was at Glasto, I definatley would have gone to see them (that always happens though...) The only problem is that their album arrived on the day of the London bombings so it kinda makes me think of them...but the music is great!
    I really like Kasabian too, though their not really my usual type of thing but they were excellent live- shame I had to leave them early, I'd really like to see them on their next tour.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by PinkPigeon)
    I love Thirteen Senses, I can't believe I didn't know about them when I was at Glasto, I definatley would have gone to see them (that always happens though...) The only problem is that their album arrived on the day of the London bombings so it kinda makes me think of them...but the music is great!
    I really like Kasabian too, though their not really my usual type of thing but they were excellent live- shame I had to leave them early, I'd really like to see them on their next tour.
    Huh, I wish I'd gone to Glastonbury *sulks*

Saw some of it on TV, made me all emotional and desperate to go

Need to see Kasabian live sometime, their music is just so cool. Reminds me of Black Rebel Motorcycle Club, Killers and (bugger forgot the other one).

Thirteen Senses are great though, makes me drive far better than Hot Fuss and Kasabian

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Gexko)
    Need to see Kasabian live sometime, their music is just so cool. Reminds me of Black Rebel Motorcycle Club, Killers and (bugger forgot the other one).
    The Jesus and Mary Chain?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Absolution)
    The Jesus and Mary Chain?
    No, a bit more mainstream than that. Its completely gone

Thats what happens when you try to use msn and tsr at the same time...

ReputationRep:
    Its come back!

Interpol!

BRMC, Killers and Interpol. A nice mixture of them. See a theme developing there?

ReputationRep:
    Interpol and The Killers are both fantastic acts. I'm in love with Interpol currently.

However, Kasabian really piss me off, they're arrogant f*ckers, and that puts me off them. I mean they're not that good at all, in fact they're quite crap, and yet they big themselves up no end...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by zhivago)
    However, Kasabian really piss me off, they're arrogant f*ckers, and that puts me off them. I mean they're not that good at all, in fact they're quite crap, and yet they big themselves up no end...
    :eek: NOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :eek:

They are pretty damn good. You might be right about them being arrogant, i have never seen them live. I dont reallly care how much of a bunch of tossers a group is as long as their music sounds good.

ReputationRep:
    They are pretty damn good. You might be right about them being arrogant, i have never seen them live. I dont reallly care how much of a bunch of tossers a group is as long as their music sounds good.
    Nah, it affects my perception of them. Artists have got to be good showpeople as well as be talented, and arrogance is not a benevolent quality, in my opinion. I honestly don't think they're all that good anyway, muscially. The only track I like of theirs is "Club Foot" - I dislike all of the others. Bands like Interpol, Placebo, Kaiser Chiefs, Bloc Party etc are so much better...and humble!

ReputationRep:
    The only track I like of theirs is "Club Foot" - I dislike all of the others.
    What about Cutt Off, Processed Beats and LSF?

All great songs.

ReputationRep:
    They've a right to - their album is quality.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by PinkPigeon)
    Annnnnnnnnnnnyway, views on other new-ish bands anyone...?
    Erm, one of my favourite debut albums of the year is 'Has A Good Home' by Final Fantasy (aka Owen Pallett, aka the guy who wrote the string parts for The Arcade Fire) Took me ages of looking around, but managed to find a site in Canada that would send me the album without me paying millions of pounds for postage! Definitely worth it, very different, but also very good.

ReputationRep:
    That sounds like the typical playlist of a 16-year old NME reader who pretty much only knows those 7 bands.

They're all a bit mediocre apart from the Magic Numbers and Coldplay.

Razorlight and Kaiser Chiefs: two boring bands who will just release a couple of singles that got a bit of airplay in the UK, attempted to get a reputation in the US, failed and then we'll never hear about them again.

Interpol are great but not sure if they're the kind of band that need the exposure they get. Their music isn't made for the masses so at the moment, 3/4 of the people who buy an Interpol cd only do it for the hype and not the music.

Oasis: they're a good band but I've never understood the hype and never really liked them, especially considering what a bunch of ***** they are.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by SamTheMan)
    That sounds like the typical playlist of a 16-year old NME reader who pretty much only knows those 7 bands
    Up yours I'm 19, have never read NME and have over 50 different bands' albums. :mad:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Gexko)
    Up yours I'm 19, have never read NME and have over 50 different bands' albums. :mad:
    Bite your pillow.

ReputationRep:
    What about Cutt Off, Processed Beats and LSF?

All great songs.
    Nah, not really a fan of them....(you won't convert me!!). Especially "LSF" - it's a bit crap.

Whizz Kid, you change your avatar every day, dude.

ReputationRep:
    Nah, not really a fan of them....(you won't convert me!!). Especially "LSF" - it's a bit crap.

Whizz Kid, you change your avatar every day, dude.
    I'm insecure.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Whizz Kid)
    Bite your pillow.
    My pillow is too far away. Want to kill the evil one!!!!!

ReputationRep:
    Does anyone read Q?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Amlea)
    Does anyone read Q?
    I do, that and Word are the only music magazines worth reading, although I still buy the NME for gig listings.

ReputationRep:
    Athlete - I'd heard of them before Wires but wasn't familiar with any of their music. Wires and Half Light are very good songs but i've heard the album isn't much good.
    Interpol - Never heard any of their stuff
    Oasis - I neither like them nor dislike them, don't own any of their music but i wouldn't turn over the radio if they were on.
    Coldplay - There latest album is so good, i've been playing it non-stop. Always been a Coldplay fan.
    Razorlight - I'm planning on recieving their album for my birthday :p:
    The Magic Numbers - They've bashed out a couple of good tunes and am considering buying their album, perhaps when i come into some cash
    Kaiser Chiefs - I have their album, truth told it isn't brilliant, but has got a few good songs on their besides the singles they released. Looking forward to seeing them at V Festival if their performance at the US Live 8 is anything to go by!

Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: July 24, 2005

students online now

800,000+

Exam discussions

Find your exam discussion here

Poll
Should universities take a stronger line on drugs?
Useful resources

Articles:

TSR wiki music section

Quick link:

Unanswered music threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.