Turn on thread page Beta

Athlete, Interpol, Oasis, Coldplay, Razorlight, The Magic Numbers and Kaiser Chiefs watch

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by islasmila)
    Athlete - I'd heard of them before Wires but wasn't familiar with any of their music. Wires and Half Light are very good songs but i've heard the album isn't much good.
    Interpol - Never heard any of their stuff
    Oasis - I neither like them nor dislike them, don't own any of their music but i wouldn't turn over the radio if they were on.
    Coldplay - There latest album is so good, i've been playing it non-stop. Always been a Coldplay fan.
    Razorlight - I'm planning on recieving their album for my birthday :p:
    The Magic Numbers - They've bashed out a couple of good tunes and am considering buying their album, perhaps when i come into some cash
    Kaiser Chiefs - I have their album, truth told it isn't brilliant, but has got a few good songs on their besides the singles they released. Looking forward to seeing them at V Festival if their performance at the US Live 8 is anything to go by!
    Definitely buy the Magic Numbers album, and get your hands on some interpol too somehow!

ReputationRep:
    Mercury music nominations came out tonight.

I'm sure noone cares, but my hot tip is Antony & The Johnsons. I dont think they'll go with Kaisers cos they're too similar to Franz last year, Coldplay are too big and Magic Numbers are not quite as blow away as they ought to be, but still good.

So A&Js all the way.

We'll see in September...

ReputationRep:
    Athlete, a great british band
    Interpol, a nice new york? band but nothing oevertly special
    Oasis, a special place in everyones heart "wonderwall" need i say more?
    Coldplay, really really really really good
    Razorlight, good times
    The Magic Numbers, better than the magic letters? lol love them
    Kaiser Chiefs, if you wana party then ****ing PARTY!

ReputationRep:
    Athlete - I liked their first single (at least I think it was their first.. the "must be something in the atmosphere" one) but their overall sound is very bland
    Interpol - Have lots of friends who rave about them but I just don't get "it"
    Oasis - I love Definitely Maybe and (What's the Story) Morning Glory and All Around The World from Be Here Now, but from there on in I got bored
    Coldplay - Very bland. I don't see what special thing they have that makes everyone like them
    Razorlight - I hate their music. Boring and pretentious. Plus I have beef with their drummer.
    Magic Numbers - GREAT band. Saw Romeo play solo and a full band performance around six months ago and fell in love with their perfect pop songs. Great album to listen to in the summer
    Kaiser Chiefs - Suprisingly, though they are well hyped, this band are actually quite good. Heard their stuff last year and played it quite a bit; still gets on me stereo occassionally.

ReputationRep:
    The 'it' with interpol has to be the lead singers voice. Its awesome

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by yelwalkietalkie)
    Razorlight - I hate their music. Boring and pretentious. Plus I have beef with their drummer.
    How on earth can a band which introduces one of its songs as being "about anal sex" be pretentious :confused:?! Jonny always references himself as a sh*t lyricist.

I listen to Razorlight when I want something to just switch off to and be happy.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by kingslaw)
    How on earth can a band which introduces one of its songs as being "about anal sex" be pretentious :confused:?! Jonny always references himself as a sh*t lyricist.

I listen to Razorlight when I want something to just switch off to and be happy.
    Which song was that referring to?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by PinkPigeon)
    Which song was that referring to?
    "Golden Touch"

Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: July 24, 2005

students online now

800,000+

Exam discussions

Find your exam discussion here

Poll
Should predicted grades be removed from the uni application process
Useful resources

Articles:

TSR wiki music section

Quick link:

Unanswered music threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.