Turn on thread page Beta

Athlete, Interpol, Oasis, Coldplay, Razorlight, The Magic Numbers and Kaiser Chiefs watch

ReputationRep:
    With the exception of Athlete, I think they're all pretty fab bands.

Haven't heard enough of The Magic Numbers to form a proper opinion, I guess, but I like what I've heard lots.

ReputationRep:
    Okay then...

Athlete - Alright for listening to on the radio but I havent been inspired to get their album.

Interpol - Haven't heard of them but looking at the good reviews maybe I should make an effort to.

Oasis - Not as good as they used to be and I wasn't a particular fan even then.

Coldplay - Great band. The new album needs a couple of listens for me to get into but after that I found it excellent. Their future single "Fix You" should get quite high in the charts.

Razorlight - Can't say I like the album much but only because it isn't my kind of music. I bought it after hearing "Golden Touch" for the first time which, in my opinion, is the greatest song on the album.

The Magic Numbers - Haven't heard much of their stuff but know that they are going to be a hit from the little sample my friends have played me. (They arer huge fans.)

Kaiser Chiefs - Less serious than the others but amazing nonetheless. It's nice to see that the predictable "aaaaaawwwww AAAWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWW" plays are part in nearly all of their songs.

ReputationRep:
    Athlete - alright, but i wouldnt buy any of their stuff
    Interpol - want their album, but not convinced it will be that distinctive. like a good few of their songs though
    Oasis- over-rated, and other words which i dont think i can use on here
    Coldplay- sound the same, and are onw over-rated
    Razorlight - i like em - good album
    The Magic Numbers - alright so far. dont really want to listen to a whole album of their stuff though.
    Kaiser Chiefs - woot, have to say im fond of them. dont like the whole re-release thing though

(Original post by gemby!)
    Kaiser Chiefs - woot, have to say im fond of them. dont like the whole re-release thing though
    The re-release of singles? I think it's a great idea; hopefully this time they'll do better in the charts. And with all the main radio stations behind them, they should do well.

ReputationRep:
    kaiserchiefs..they're annoying but songs are catchy.

ReputationRep:
    Oasis - One of my fav bands ever, absolute Gods.
    Razorlight - Awsome.

The rest I haven't heard of. This means they are rubbish. If I haven't heard of a band, they are rubbish. I am not arrogant, just amazing. Don't question me.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Whizz Kid)
    Oasis - One of my fav bands ever, absolute Gods.
    Razorlight - Awsome.

The rest I haven't heard of. This means they are rubbish. If I haven't heard of a band, they are rubbish. I am not arrogant, just amazing. Don't question me.
    I question you.

If you havent heard of the others then what the hell are you doing anywhere near my thread? get out before you pollute it further with your ignorance!

ReputationRep:
    On the subject of athlete bashing; why does everyone say that they're not that great or they're crap or whatever?

Wires is one of the most genuinely emotional songs on my mp3 player (10,000 songs to choose from) definitely top 5. its amazing when you take it in the context that it was written (for singers premature baby).

And the razorlight bashing must stop too. I dont care if they're not massively prgressive in any way, but golden touch is a brilliant song and some of the others ain't bad either.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Gexko)
    I question you.

If you havent heard of the others then what the hell are you doing anywhere near my thread? get out before you pollute it further with your ignorance!
    Just the reaction I wanted. An idiot like you who got aggrovated about what I posted.

ReputationRep:
    Just the reaction I wanted. An idiot like you who got aggrovated about what I posted.
    I wasnt aggravated just shocked that neone who hasnt heard of the other bands exists.

Should i report you for wasting everyone's time by trying to incite me to anger?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Gexko)
    I wasnt aggravated just shocked that neone who hasnt heard of the other bands exists.

Should i report you for wasting everyone's time by trying to incite me to anger?
    No. I'll just say how ironic! I called you an idiot, yet I spelt aggravated incorrectly! :eek: Hah, I'm a real bell end sometimes.

ReputationRep:
    No. I'll just say how ironic! I called you an idiot, yet I spelt aggravated incorrectly! :eek: Hah, I'm a real bell end sometimes.
    I dont need to spell stuff correctly cos i know im more intelligent than you already.

ReputationRep:
    I have 2 more posts than you. therefore u suck btw.

ReputationRep:
    I have more than 2000 more posts than both of you that means you both suck!

...who am i kidding, that means I suck

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Gexko)
    I dont need to spell stuff correctly cos i know im more intelligent than you already.
    Er... I was criticising myself - thanks for playing the part of an idiot and misreading. :eek:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Gexko)
    I have 2 more posts than you. therefore u suck btw.
    I shall not stoop. :rolleyes:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Gexko)
    Oh by the way, just to be pedantic... You usually spell words not stuff. And sorry to burst your bubble, but cos isn't actually a word. Unless you were referring to the Greek Island? In that case you'd better explain yourself... Sorry, what were you saying about intelligence? :rolleyes:

ReputationRep:
    Er... I was criticising myself - thanks for playing the part of an idiot and misreading. :eek:
    thats quite alright. i think u're a bell end too btw

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Gexko)
    thats quite alright. i think u're a bell end too btw
    Well... I.. Err... I um... Well... I think you're a bigger bell end! :p:

ReputationRep:
    Oh by the way, just to be pedantic... You usually spell words not stuff. And sorry to burst your bubble, but cos isn't actually a word. Unless you were referring to the Greek Island? In that case you'd better explain yourself... Sorry, what did you mean by intelligence? :rolleyes:
    Look; if you want me to write in correct and, indeed, proper English all the time I can, but it just takes so much longer and, frankly, isn't all that appropriate in such a forum.

I am quite aware that 'cos' is not a word, its just easier to appreviate words using such colloquial terms I find.

Admittedly I tend to write in a conversational style on this website and thus use words such as 'stuff' where I could have used the more obvious alternative.

I'm getting bored of writing like this: it takes twice as long as the other way.

Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: July 24, 2005

students online now

800,000+

Exam discussions

Find your exam discussion here

Poll
Should universities take a stronger line on drugs?
Useful resources

Articles:

TSR wiki music section

Quick link:

Unanswered music threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.