Turn on thread page Beta

Athlete, Interpol, Oasis, Coldplay, Razorlight, The Magic Numbers and Kaiser Chiefs watch

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Gexko)
    Look; if you want me to write in correct and, indeed, proper English all the time I can, but it just takes so much longer and, frankly, isn't all that appropriate in such a forum.

I am quite aware that 'cos' is not a word, its just easier to appreviate words using such colloquial terms I find.

Admittedly I tend to write in a conversational style on this website and thus use words such as 'stuff' where I could have used the more obvious alternative.

I'm getting bored of writing like this: it takes twice as long as the other way.
    Ooo er... I'm, impressed. Try harder, hunny - you still transmit yourself as an idiot (believe me you do). End of.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Whizz Kid)
    Well... I.. Err... I um... Well... I think you're a bigger bell end! :p:
    Cheers always nice to see someone who can admit it when they're less adequate shall we say?

ReputationRep:
    Ooo er... I'm, impressed. Try harder, hunny - you still transmit yourself as an idiot (believe me you do). End of.
    You think I'm an idiot then ask my a level results

It'll make u lose all faith in the exam system if u think im stupid.

ReputationRep:
    Ooo er... I'm, impressed. Try harder, hunny
    Are you coming on to me?

You're a bit young and male for my tastes I'm afraid. Though I'm very flattered.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Gexko)
    Look; if you want me to write in correct and, indeed, proper English all the time I can, but it just takes so much longer and, frankly, isn't all that appropriate in such a forum.

I am quite aware that 'cos' is not a word, its < this word is lacking an apostrophe! :eek: > just easier to appreviate - <no such word, love.> words using such colloquial terms I find.

Admittedly I tend to write in a conversational style on this website and thus use words such as 'stuff' where I could have used the more obvious alternative. Well, there are 5 letters in "words" and "stuff" so I put that down to a lack of intellect.

I'm getting bored of writing like this: it takes twice as long as the other way.
    :eek: In praise of pedantic [email protected] like moi.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Gexko)
    Are you coming on to me?

You're a bit young and male for my tastes I'm afraid. Though I'm very flattered.
    I'm bisexual, and after what you've just said, I'm also devastated. *weeps*

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Gexko)
    You think I'm an idiot then ask my a level results
    Okay. *directly addresses Gexko's A-Level results* is Gexko an idiot?
    No answer. :confused:

(Original post by Gexko)
    It'll make u lose all faith in the exam system if u think im stupid.
    I already know the exam system is an inaccurate measure of aptitude.

ReputationRep:
    :eek: In praise of pedantic [email protected] like moi.
    i do believe that there shoudlnt be an apostrophe when you are 'it is' as 'its,' otherwise it would mean 'the thing of it' - 'it's.'

Ha :p:

ReputationRep:
    Okay. *directly addresses Gexko's A-Level results* is Gexko an idiot?
    No answer. :confused:

I already know the exam system is an inaccurate measure of aptitude.
    probably explains y i got 4 As then... and an aea :P:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Gexko)
    i do believe that there shoudlnt be an apostrophe when you are 'it is' as 'its,' otherwise it would mean 'the thing of it' - 'it's.'

Ha :p:

:rofl: You tried to humiliate me, but you've just made yourself look like a ******.
    But you were saying "its easier to...". You need an apostrophe in there. "it's" equals "it is".

Ha :p: This is quite worrying for a student who supposedly attends Oxford. :eek:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Gexko)
    probably explains y i got 4 As then... and an aea :P:

:congrats: Did you get a distinction for the AEA?

ReputationRep:
    Ha :p: This is quite worrying for a student who supposedly attends Oxford. :eek:
    When did he say that? :confused: I'm sure thats news to him.

ReputationRep:
    :rofl: You tried to humiliate me, but you've just made yourself look like a ******.
    But you were saying "its easier to...". You need an apostrophe in there. "it's" equals "it is".

1) No i was right, i am not saying 'the easier of it,' i am saying 'it is easier'; therefore no apostrophe needed.
    2) i live near Oxford (hence abingdon nr oxford) i got rejected by oxford after interview
    3)no a merit. i did for a laugh with a mate, we turned up with hangovers having never seen a paper before on the last day of term :p:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by El Pollo Diablo)
    Yes, as Mr Diablo will tell you, I am going to Bristol in October...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by El Pollo Diablo)
    His location is misleading. I full-heartedly believe he doesn't attend Oxford University.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Gexko)
    Yes, as Mr Diablo will tell you, I am going to Bristol in October...
    I'm glad I won't be seeing you at Oxbridge then. *does a little dance*

ReputationRep:
    I'm glad I won't be seeing you at Oxbridge then. *does a little dance*
    A little premature to assume you're going to get in, don't you think, considering you're only a wee babby.

ReputationRep:
    Anyway, last time I checked they didn't let in jumped up little s**ts.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Gexko)
    1) No i was right, i am not saying 'the easier of it,' i am saying 'it is easier'; therefore no apostrophe needed.
    Futile debate, but oh well. I'll argue if I'm right, which I am. You do need an apostrophe.

ReputationRep:
    hehe, you guys are funny...

Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: July 24, 2005

students online now

800,000+

Exam discussions

Find your exam discussion here

Poll
Should predicted grades be removed from the uni application process
Useful resources

Articles:

TSR wiki music section

Quick link:

Unanswered music threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.