Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    I have just returned from a pub where myself and my friends went to watch a band play. (nb we are all over 18 so are allowed in a public house!)
    We really enjoyed it and afterwards we sat down to have a quiet drink before leaving. We had been drinking all night and after a while my friend went and asked for a glass of water. She was given one, and all was well until the landlady came over and told us to leave!!!!! yes! she told us to leave because my friend asked for a glass of water! we ignored her, then she came back, cleared the table and took the water too. I said 'excuse me we are not finished with that water' and she quite rudely said that it was not a youth club and that she was there to make a living. i said i had a medical condition and required a drink of water; which i do, and she said that she had a medical condition which was to make money!
    i mean is it just me or is it kind of illegal not to serve water in a bar?!
    it wasnt as if the customers were flocking in anyway :eek:

ReputationRep:
    I think they are entitled to charge you for the glass, service etc. But chucking you out is a bit harsh! :eek:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by realicetic)
    and she said that she had a medical condition which was to make money!
    LOL...YOU GOTTA GO BACK THEIR FOR THE COMEDY

ReputationRep:
    You should have just argued with her more ? Can't go wrong with a pub brawl.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by OpressedMass)
    I think they are entitled to charge you for the glass, service etc. But chucking you out is a bit harsh! :eek:
    Isn't it the law to provide water? I'm sure I've heard this is standard practice for clubs. Correct me if I'm wrong though..... :confused:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Endymion)
    Isn't it the law to provide water? I'm sure I've heard this is standard practice for clubs. Correct me if I'm wrong though..... :confused:
    exactly!!! its not our fault they didnt charge us for it. she shuld take it out on the staff if shes that stressed!!! argh!!!!!!!!

ReputationRep:
    She's breaching your human rights. You have the right to get a free drink of tap water in any public place like that that can provide it. You also have the right to go to the toilet - just to let you all know

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by mousey)
    She's breaching your human rights. You have the right to get a free drink of tap water in any public place like that that can provide it. You also have the right to go to the toilet - just to let you all know
    he he thanks for telling me that. wont hold it in next time!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by mousey)
    I believe it's stronger than this. In places that sell alcohol, they are obligated to offer free tap water. A pub in my area's taps stopped working, and they couldn't serve any drinks. This landlady has infringed your rights and, if you were so inclined, you could i'm sure seek some form of redress. I would find a new pub which wasn't run by a crazy ***** though.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by jd27)
    I believe it's stronger than this. In places that sell alcohol, they are obligated to offer free tap water. A pub in my area's taps stopped working, and they couldn't serve any drinks. This landlady has infringed your rights and, if you were so inclined, you could i'm sure seek some form of redress. I would find a new pub which wasn't run by a crazy ***** though.
    luckily it was a one off pub lol, not even in my home town. just wound me up so much!!! nearly chucked the water on her!!

ReputationRep:
    y don't you NAME and SHAME this pub

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by esx77)
    y don't you NAME and SHAME this pub
    lol may well do!
    maybe she was menopausal :p:

ReputationRep:
    You should have had a vomiting fit on the floor. If chavs can get away with "disability" then you can sue this behatch!!

students online now

800,000+

Exam discussions

Find your exam discussion here

Poll
Should universities take a stronger line on drugs?
Useful resources
AtCTs

Ask the Community Team

Got a question about the site content or our moderation? Ask here.

Welcome Lounge

Welcome Lounge

We're a friendly bunch. Post here if you're new to TSR.

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.