Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    ...how do I put money into my bank account? :rolleyes:

ReputationRep:
    I just go into the bank, with a cheque mainly, and they put it in for you! Just go to your bank, quite literally, go up to the little cash desks, with your card or proof of identity, and they cash it for you. Do you have a card?

ReputationRep:
    I hae a debit card yes and this booklet thing when I joined not sure what it is tho :s

ReputationRep:
    *have, and god im so dumb *blushes*

ReputationRep:
    it's a 'paying-in book' with lots of slips that are all the same, i'm guessing this is relevent lol *hides*

ReputationRep:
    Hah. If you've got cash - you take the cash to the bank with a paying in book and fill in the slip with the amount of cash you've got. Give them both to the cashier and that's that!

If you've got a cheque, write in the amount and give them both to the cashier. Job done...

ReputationRep:
    Thank you very much Greatly appreciated, I knew it wouldnt be that difficult!! (Just need some money to put in it now!) lol
    There isn't a limit by any strange chance as to the amount you can put in at any one time?

ReputationRep:
    Hah. You know before I replied I was going to say "Get a job first and earn some money" but thought it would be too harsh/rude!

I don't think so, ive never pushed any limits myself :rolleyes:

ReputationRep:
    £5 a time..... its annoying but you just have to go back to the bank each day

ReputationRep:
    Course not, I knew that! *hides*
    Thank You,
    Just need to find a job now and earn some money

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by se77en)
    £5 a time..... its annoying but you just have to go back to the bank each day

ReputationRep:
    Remember you can use a paying-in machine too - they're painless to use! It will have instructions to follow, so don't worry about that. All you need is your card, the cheque you want to pay in, a paying slip and one of the envelopes that will be placed on the top or nearby the machine.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by JellyBellyBaby)
    Course not, I knew that! *hides*
    Thank You,
    Just need to find a job now and earn some money
    What bank are you with might I add? HSBC don't give accounts unless you have proof of employment... :eek:

ReputationRep:
    lol ok se77en, so I really am stupid, its official!
    I'm sure im not going to hear the last of this for a while *blushes* *runs quickly* *hides*

ReputationRep:
    dont forget about the paying in machines too... those red pillar boxes.... dotted around every so often.... latest time you can deposit cash is 5.30

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by se77en)
    dont forget about the paying in machines too...
    I just said that!

ReputationRep:
    Thanks for reminding me of the paying-in machines, can these be used for cash? What is the envelope you mentioned for?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by JellyBellyBaby)
    Thanks for reminding me of the paying-in machines, can these be used for cash? What is the envelope you mentioned for?
    you can deposit your cash into letter boxes....... just write BANK on the envelope and it will get there

ReputationRep:
    thank you for all of your replies

ReputationRep:
    even your sarcasm se77en

Poll
Black Friday: Yay or Nay?
Useful resources
AtCTs

Ask the Community Team

Got a question about the site content or our moderation? Ask here.

Welcome Lounge

Welcome Lounge

We're a friendly bunch. Post here if you're new to TSR.

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.