Turn on thread page Beta

When The admissions tutors get your results in aug... watch

ReputationRep:
    Thank you for letting me know! I think I would prefer it if all my results got lost! :rolleyes:

ReputationRep:
    yes but surely that can't be right!
    I can ring my UNI and say oh i missed an A by 1 mark, whereas i may have missed it by 60 marks!UCAS should give unis accurate information....

ReputationRep:
    issit possible to lye about the amount the offer was missed by, i.e 1 mark without the uni finding out.
    • PS Helper

ReputationRep:
    PS Helper
    (Original post by nas7232)
    issit possible to lye about the amount the offer was missed by, i.e 1 mark without the uni finding out.
    They would probably ask you to photocopy your results sheet from Uni and get your school to confirm this.... hmm, pr'aps not

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Geogger)
    They would probably ask you to photocopy your results sheet from Uni and get your school to confirm this.... hmm, pr'aps not
    lol, if i did that i would feel a bit bad doing it. I would probably be honest :creep:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Geogger)
    No, they'd probably ask you to send the original document - well, I had to send my original graduation certificate off to Imperial.

ReputationRep:
    If you attend school overseas how do you send your exam results? Do you just mail your results to the admissions tutor?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by PQ)
    Definitely write a letter to your firm and insurance uni's and to UCAS explaining that you've taken an AEA in xxx subject with xxx exam board.

it will save any potential confusion from UCAS the week before you get the results
    Can you suggest who exactly to write to at the uni's concerning this? General admissions? Our actual subject admissions?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by trev)
    Yes, it's just the grades. By the way if you are wondering when the universitites get the results, they get it a week before results day.

It will be bad if they gie out UMS though.
    arg thats so unfair! what if you missed out on your grade by one mark?? they wouldn't know! i missed out on an A at As level media by one damn mark

ReputationRep:
    so then you call them up on the day and explain to them and beg...just pleed!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by PQ)
    All examinations included in the ABL (awarding body linkage - the connection between UCAS and the exam boards) scheme are transferred - which is why it can cause problems if you take exams which aren't on your UCAS form or drop exams with ARE on your UCAS form without notifying UCAS/universities.
    Hello PQ,
    I have done EDEXCEL Maths both NEW and OLD. But in my ucas form i indicated that i 'm doing the OLD one but now i want my NEW exam to be caunted. My school has cashed me in for the NEW one. Would the unis still get the results for the old one and the new one or just the new one?
    Should i ring them?or UCAS?

(OLD MATHs= P1,P2,P3)
    (NEW MATHs= C1,C2,C3,C4)

ReputationRep:
    quick question 2 ask:

say if you make your conditional offer do the universities by any chance tell u that uve been accepted without disclosing any details of ur results since they get the results 3 days before......just wondering cuz i heard some ppl saying tht it happens sometimes

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by PQ)
    I'm afraid I haven't got a clue.

It might be worth contacting UCAS to see what they say...I'd also contact your firm and insurance unis ASAP and let them now there's been a slight change when it comes to your results and that you're worried they wont be sent to them automatically.

If UCAS aren't very reassuring just be ready on results day to fax your results slip direct to your uni's to confirm your grades - it shouldn't cause any real problems
    Thank you PQ.

ReputationRep:
    On my ucas form I put that Iwas going to complete key skills communication by august this year. I took the exam and passed but with the workload of 4 A2's never got round to finishing portfolio. Since neither of my offers includes key skills is this going to matter do you think? Slightly worried now :confused:

ReputationRep:
    Hi there just wondering when did you get your communication results? I have had maths result but not my communications level3 yet.

Thanks

Sarah

ReputationRep:
    We did the exam in lower 6th so I got the result ages ago but lost the slip coz to be honest nobody failed except the girl who deliberately sat there and didnt write anything in protest.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by zazu)
    On my ucas form I put that Iwas going to complete key skills communication by august this year. I took the exam and passed but with the workload of 4 A2's never got round to finishing portfolio. Since neither of my offers includes key skills is this going to matter do you think? Slightly worried now :confused:
    My offer does not include key skills as well, and I havn't finished the portfolio. All I've done was called UCAS and the universities to cancel the key skills qualifications.

(Original post by sarah19)
    Hi there just wondering when did you get your communication results? I have had maths result but not my communications level3 yet.

Thanks

Sarah
    I got my communication key skills last year. I got it during March as I've done it in January. It depends when you've done it. If you have done it in January 2005, you should get your results on March. If you have done it this June, you would get it on August 18.

students online now

800,000+

Exam discussions

Find your exam discussion here

Poll
Should predicted grades be removed from the uni application process
Useful resources
Uni match

Applying to uni?

Our tool will help you find the perfect course

Articles:

Debate and current affairs guidelinesDebate and current affairs wiki

Quick link:

Educational debate unanswered threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.