Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    some people have two/three day periods? God, I hate you...
    Having said that, mine are getting shorter and further apart, and more predictable! Huzzah!

ReputationRep:
    i def do mine are normally 7/8 days and anything from 21 to 30+ pain in da a** painkillers are the best invention ever

ReputationRep:
    After going on the pill my periods have gone from lasting about a month to lasting about 2/3 days.

ReputationRep:
    mine are getting shorter too... used to be 7 to 8 days, now down to about 6 . I really have no idea if mine's a 28 day cycle, I really should record when I have mine, but i just can't bothered and I usually know when about a month has passed without filling out such a calender :p:...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Ant93)
    After going on the pill my periods have gone from lasting about a month to lasting about 2/3 days.
    what! your periods used to last about a month?!?! that's horrid!
    i had such horrid pains last night. i am usually on the pill which is great, but i have recently stopped taking it, and i spent all night throwing up because the pain was so intense. painkillers don't work, well, not for me anyway. i am DEFINITELY going back on the pill.

ReputationRep:
    I feel sorry for the guy who started this thread - he wanted information not girly chat! Lol that's what you always get with us girls I suppose!

ReputationRep:
    Haha i'm loving the way people are shocked at 7 days of bleeding. I used to be regularly 14 or 15 days... the longest i've ever had was 37 :eek:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Bekaboo)
    Haha i'm loving the way people are shocked at 7 days of bleeding. I used to be regularly 14 or 15 days... the longest i've ever had was 37 :eek:
    OMG, how can you have enough blood in your uterine lining to bleed for that long? :eek:

ReputationRep:
    37 days of bleeding is horrid. I totally know how you feel. Almost constant non-stop bleeding for over a month and mine were really heavy and painful as well. Its so much better after going on the pill.

ReputationRep:
    ditto, don't you just luv painkillers
    Thats not the sole purpose that gurls take vicodin? I heard it gives you a "high".

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Amy)
    nice way to put it

Sorry :rolleyes:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Saffie)
    OMG, how can you have enough blood in your uterine lining to bleed for that long? :eek:
    I haven't got a CLUE!!! I think to be honest that i was somehow still bleeding while my body tried to reform the lining, cos i had my standard uber-period followed by about 10 days of controllable bleeding straight into another uber-period!!

I bow to the discoverer of mefenamic acid!!

ReputationRep:
    I haven't got a CLUE!!! I think to be honest that i was somehow still bleeding while my body tried to reform the lining, cos i had my standard uber-period followed by about 10 days of controllable bleeding straight into another uber-period!!

I bow to the discoverer of mefenamic acid!!
    yep that's pretty horrendous

ReputationRep:
    Yuk Yuk Yuk

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Saffie)
    I probably had several layers of lining to get rid of cos i would usually go for about six months without a period then have huge ones.

ReputationRep:
    I probably had several layers of lining to get rid of cos i would usually go for about six months without a period then have huge ones.
    oh my... thank god im not a womam. They even say that when women live together, they usually get the same menstrual time frame. weird

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by God86)
    And when are these?

Can someone give an example of a cycle and when is a "go" time and when is a "no-go" time? Cheers
    Well, some girls don't like having sex while on their period, some aren't bothered by it. That's all. No other no go times.

ReputationRep:
    Unless he's talking about fertile and less-fertile times...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by nasht)
    oh my... thank god im not a womam. They even say that when women live together, they usually get the same menstrual time frame. weird
    And that happens with friends too. Something to do with you giving off a hormone to start your period, and others can be affected by this too, maybe that's just rubbish though :confused:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by pikaboo)
    Unless he's talking about fertile and less-fertile times...
    In which case someone needs to have a little talk about contraception and how it's a wonderful thing.

Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: July 5, 2005

students online now

800,000+

Exam discussions

Find your exam discussion here

Poll
Should predicted grades be removed from the uni application process

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.