Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    some people have two/three day periods? God, I hate you...
    Having said that, mine are getting shorter and further apart, and more predictable! Huzzah!

ReputationRep:
    i def do mine are normally 7/8 days and anything from 21 to 30+ pain in da a** painkillers are the best invention ever

ReputationRep:
    After going on the pill my periods have gone from lasting about a month to lasting about 2/3 days.

ReputationRep:
    mine are getting shorter too... used to be 7 to 8 days, now down to about 6 . I really have no idea if mine's a 28 day cycle, I really should record when I have mine, but i just can't bothered and I usually know when about a month has passed without filling out such a calender :p:...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Ant93)
    After going on the pill my periods have gone from lasting about a month to lasting about 2/3 days.
    what! your periods used to last about a month?!?! that's horrid!
    i had such horrid pains last night. i am usually on the pill which is great, but i have recently stopped taking it, and i spent all night throwing up because the pain was so intense. painkillers don't work, well, not for me anyway. i am DEFINITELY going back on the pill.

ReputationRep:
    I feel sorry for the guy who started this thread - he wanted information not girly chat! Lol that's what you always get with us girls I suppose!

ReputationRep:
    Haha i'm loving the way people are shocked at 7 days of bleeding. I used to be regularly 14 or 15 days... the longest i've ever had was 37 :eek:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Bekaboo)
    Haha i'm loving the way people are shocked at 7 days of bleeding. I used to be regularly 14 or 15 days... the longest i've ever had was 37 :eek:
    OMG, how can you have enough blood in your uterine lining to bleed for that long? :eek:

ReputationRep:
    37 days of bleeding is horrid. I totally know how you feel. Almost constant non-stop bleeding for over a month and mine were really heavy and painful as well. Its so much better after going on the pill.

ReputationRep:
    ditto, don't you just luv painkillers
    Thats not the sole purpose that gurls take vicodin? I heard it gives you a "high".

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Amy)
    nice way to put it

Sorry :rolleyes:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Saffie)
    OMG, how can you have enough blood in your uterine lining to bleed for that long? :eek:
    I haven't got a CLUE!!! I think to be honest that i was somehow still bleeding while my body tried to reform the lining, cos i had my standard uber-period followed by about 10 days of controllable bleeding straight into another uber-period!!

I bow to the discoverer of mefenamic acid!!

ReputationRep:
    I haven't got a CLUE!!! I think to be honest that i was somehow still bleeding while my body tried to reform the lining, cos i had my standard uber-period followed by about 10 days of controllable bleeding straight into another uber-period!!

I bow to the discoverer of mefenamic acid!!
    yep that's pretty horrendous

ReputationRep:
    Yuk Yuk Yuk

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Saffie)
    I probably had several layers of lining to get rid of cos i would usually go for about six months without a period then have huge ones.

ReputationRep:
    I probably had several layers of lining to get rid of cos i would usually go for about six months without a period then have huge ones.
    oh my... thank god im not a womam. They even say that when women live together, they usually get the same menstrual time frame. weird

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by God86)
    And when are these?

Can someone give an example of a cycle and when is a "go" time and when is a "no-go" time? Cheers
    Well, some girls don't like having sex while on their period, some aren't bothered by it. That's all. No other no go times.

ReputationRep:
    Unless he's talking about fertile and less-fertile times...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by nasht)
    oh my... thank god im not a womam. They even say that when women live together, they usually get the same menstrual time frame. weird
    And that happens with friends too. Something to do with you giving off a hormone to start your period, and others can be affected by this too, maybe that's just rubbish though :confused:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by pikaboo)
    Unless he's talking about fertile and less-fertile times...
    In which case someone needs to have a little talk about contraception and how it's a wonderful thing.

Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: July 5, 2005
Poll
Black Friday: Yay or Nay?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.